Faith & Andz

CFO seminar in Cebu

24 posts in this topic

my wife also had her seminar in Cebu. this sounds very similar my wife's experience. about the proof of singleness, she told them she forgot it, left in in Davao. she was asked how does she know I'm single. she told them she's talked to my mother and my mom told her I was single. she got her certificate that day.

Your wife was at least unmarried when she had her seminar and when she was asked for the proof of singleness. No biggie! :)

In my case, I was already married when I had mine at PRISM and yet I was forcely asked for my (not CEMAR but) CENOMAR and for my husband's Legal Capacity to Marry by the idi*t employee. :devil:

And because I could't produce any (since we're already married) she then, the employee asked for my husband's College Diploma. So this time, I was like, what? Really? Are you that stu**d? :whistle:

Finally, I got my certificate after I missed my flight and spent a couple more $$$ caused them . :angry::star:

Edited by ~happyndinlove~

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well, my parents did their CFO there in Cebu and it was not bad, it was actually fast. :)

@~happyndinlove~, did you tell the idi*t employee that you are married to your husband so you can't present any CENOMAR since CENOMAR is for people that are single? And still he wants proof? LOL :lol: Stup*d nga...

Edited by J.W.

USCIS: IR-5

03/22/2010 - Sent I-130 for Both Parents via Express Mail

03/23/2010 - I-130 RCVD by USCIS

03/31/2010 - NOA 1 Receipt Date

04/14/2010 - NOA 1 RCVD

09/22/2010 - Approved

09/28/2010 - RCVD NOA 2

NVC:

10/06/2010 - NVC RCVD our Case from USCIS

10/12/2010 - All Day trying to Call NVC; line is sooo BUSY.

10/13/2010 - @ 1:28 AM CT I RCVD an email from NVC for my Mom's Case# & to pay AOS fee bill of $88. Haven't RCVD any yet for my Dad's petition.

10/13/2010 - @ 3:49 AM CT I RCVD an email from NVC for my Mom's DS-3032

10/13/2010 - @ 5:08 AM CT Emailed NVC to registered our respective Email Add'es.

10/13/2010 - @ 2:47 PM CT Finally got thru to NVC & registered our Email Add'es & Got my Dad's NVC Case#. Yey!

10/14/2010 - Paid AOS fee of $88.00 for Both Parents

10/14/2010 - Emailed DS 3032

10/15/2010 - @ 10:30 PM RCVD an email from NVC for my Dad's ACL Universal

10/16/2010 - @ 12:53 PM RCVD Signed DOCS package from my Parents

10/19/2010 - @ 12:33 AM AOS shown as PAID & Printed the AOS Cover Sheet

10/20/2010 - Sent DS 3032 Hard Copy

10/25/2010 - DS 3032 Delivered

10/28/2010 - Sent I-864 (AOS) on the Mail

10/28/2010 - @ 4:49 AM DS 3032 Accepted

11/01/2010 - IV Fee Bill Generated

11/02/2010 - AOS Delivered

11/15/2010 - My Parents RCVD their NEW Passports, PAID IV Fee Bill of $404 for each Parent

11/16/2010 - IV Fee Bill shown as PAID & Printed the coversheet

12/02/2010 - DS 230 Mailed

12/30/2010 - NVC emailed me Case Complete

01/18 & 19/2011 - Medical DONE

02/03/2011 - Interview @8:30 AM APPROVED!!!

02/09/2011 - Visa on Hand

03/11/2011 - Fly out, POE: San Fo

Well, my parents did their CFO there in Cebu and it was not bad, it was actually fast. :)

@~happyndinlove~, did you tell the idi*t employee that you are married to your husband so you can't present any CENOMAR since CENOMAR is for people that are single? And still he wants proof? LOL :lol: Stup*d nga...

Yep! Sure I did. But the mor*n was unsatisfied with what I said so she went ahead and asked for my hub's diploma and so on.

Frankly, I'm surprised that she forgot to ask for our grandparents' diplomas and other stuffs. :rofl:

Anyway, she was just doing her "job" according to her. To give people a hard time...when she's bored. :devil:

Edited by ~happyndinlove~

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

so Cebu wasn't bad? It would take 2 days if my fiancee doesn't have all the documents? We're deciding where to go for her seminar. How long does it take to finish in Manila? We figure that if it doesn't take too long in Manila, then maybe she can go to Manila days before leaving for her flight.

She said it wasn't too bad. Just make sure you bring a copy of the U.S. citizen's birth certificate, passport, & some kind of proof that he's single (tax return, etc.) You can mark out his social security number so they can't read it. She got there at 9 am cause she had some trouble finding it, so she was one of the last ones. She said the seminar was 2 hours, and then she had to go back for her one on one interview later that afternoon after lunch. I think she ended up staying until 3 pm or something like that.

11-30-08 Met on christianpenpals.com
05-27-10 Met for 1st time in person in Philippines
06-02-10 Proposed...She said "yes"!!!
K1:
07-12-10 NOA1 sent

07-17-10 NOA1 received
01-04-11 NOA2 - Finally!!!
01-07-11 NVC received
01-10-11 NVC sent to consulate/embassy (Manila)
01-10-11 NOA2 hardcopy (mail)
01-12-11 Embassy received
01-31-11 Medical Day 1
02-01-11 Medical Day 2: Passed!!!
02-04-11 Interview: Approved! (Thank you, Lord!)
02-10-11 2GO received visa from embassy
02-14-11 Visa in hand (picked up at 2GO branch)
02-17-11 CFO sticker for passport
03-10-11 Arrived in U.S. with my fiancee
05-14-11 Wedding

AOS:
06-13-11 Filed I-485
06-21-11 NOA 1 (Mobile/Email)
07-07-11 Transfer date (California Service Center)
07-22-11 Biometrics
08-12-11 Approved!
08-18-11 Approval and green card received in mail

Psalm 27:14 "Wait on the LORD; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart. Wait, I say, on the LORD!"

Romans 8:18 "I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us."

Claudeth did the CFO in Cebu the day before she left with no problems. It did take all day. Of course that was over five years ago :wacko:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Andz and Faith,

Please give my regards to Faith. I also took my CFO seminar last February 16, 2011. First of all, I want to say that you have a beautiful fiancee and "wife to be Andz".:) The 4 of us (Roselyn, April, the other girl and me) waited for Faith to be done with her interview because we were planning to go together to CFO office to pick up the CFO certificate. And you are right, she needed to go back the next day to pick up the certificate because she forgot a copy of your passport, birth certificate, etc. While we were waiting for her outside the room, the rest of us were exchanging email addresses and cellphone number. I feel bad, we didn't get FAith's contact because we were on a hurry that the CFO might close sooner. But no worries at all. Faith, live in cebu and she can go to the CFO office anytime she wanted too. :thumbs: She is right, CFO Cebu wasn't too bad as long as you have the proper documents and know your fiancee or husband well. I don't have any problem at all except with the guard. I made a research before I flew to Cebu from Davao. I don't want to go back and forth at the expense of husband because of my unpreparedness. It was very costly on my part because I need to book a ticket back and forth, book a hotel or place to stay, pay the seminar and the CFO itself, food, etc...Hopefully, they will have CFO seminar soon in Davao Area so fiancees or wives from Mindanao don't need to go to Visayas or Manila to attend the Seminar.

Above all, all I want is to renew my passport. I just found out later that I need the CFO certificate for the reason that I am wife of a foreign national and I change my status. I started to get worried when I know that I need to go to Cebu. What's in my mind is the "Cost". I immediately made a researched when I come home from DFA. I search the addresses, cheap place to stay, best flight deals, etc. I found out that there are only two(2) options for the seminar (Manila or Cebu). I don't have any plans to attend in Manila, I feel more comfortable in Cebu. I contacted the SMEF - COW in Cebu and asked them about their exact location and they replied immediately. Thanks for that.

To: @yahoo.com>

Dear Maam,

Good afternoon.

We are open from monday to friday from 8a.m to 5p.m this is a walk-in registration one whole day seminar.

The registration will start at 8a.m.

We are located at no. 60 3rd floor Ayaay Arcade Gen. Maxilom Ave. Cebu City right across University of San Carlos North Campus.

You can contact us at tel. no. 032 2353745.

Thanks,

Smef-cow cebu

Since I am not on rush, (No visa Yet) - I checked for the cheapest flight to Cebu from Davao that month.

- I booked February 15th (6:30 pm - 7:30 pm)

- Booked at Sampaguita Suites Hotel (Walking distance from CFO Office) for 2 nights through www.expedia.com . I guess I made a good deal with them since they had a promo on the date I booked. Sampaguita offers free pick up from the airport.(Note: You need to inform them about your flight schedule in advance). The place was nice and the staff were very accommodating. Near at Magellan's Cross.

- February 17 - woke up early.....but my husband came online to check me out that's why I was kind of late to arrived at the Seminar venue. (new lesson for that day - appointment!appointment!appointment!)

- I was 15 minutes late. When I arrived there are mothers of the seminarians talking downstairs near at the table on the guard place. One was telling me that I need to go back tomorrow and they are already full. I stayed and waited for the guard. The guard was not there when I arrived (he had his breakfast on the nearby carenderia). I climbed to 3rd floor and again there are people there told me that the seminar already started and they are already full and I need to get a number from the guard. I was very nervous because I don't want to take the seminar the next day because I need to travel back to my place.

- The guard was still eating when i go back downstairs..I want to cry that moment, I don't want to upset my husband.After, a few minutes Thanks God the guard finished eating and go back to his table. I asked him if he still have a number. HE absolutely said "NO MORE". he told me to go back the next day. I know it was unfair to those seminarians who came early but I said to myself at this point I need to be persistent. I need to take the seminar TODAY!. The guard refused to give me a number how many times but I insist(Stubbornness maybe...he he). I don't want to give up and I want to take the seminar that day. I stayed. I don't want to go back to hotel and back for the next day. After few minutes of staying, the guard allow me to go upstairs and he said just try to come in.

- There were two doors upstairs - 1(For Foreign National Fiancees and Spouses....2(For Immigrants - PDOS)

- I entered the room 1 and I saw beautiful ladies sitting and talking to each other. Fronting them a window (like Window 1,2,3). Without hesitation, I went to the window 1 and asked the lady if there is still slot available for the seminar. Without any questions, she handed me a paper and said write your name and signature and wait for your name to be called. I feel relieved. If i give up to that guard " I went back to the hotel nothing,sad and upset with myself". hehe. :yes:

- After the nervous moment with the guard everything went smoothly for me the seminar, filling the forms, interview, etc.

PROCESS: SMEF - COW

- People behind the window will call name one by one according to the list on that paper that seminarians log in.

- On my case, I made all my documents ready and arranged it accordingly: Birth Certificate (Original from NSO and Photocopy), Marriage Certificate (Original from NSO and photocopy), Divorced Paper of my husband (Original and Photocopy), Birth Certificate of my Husband (Original and Photocopy) Photocopy of our picture (not necessarily a wedding pics - any pics that you are together), Photocopy of two identification(ID with your picture - I photocopied my SSS ID and Work ID,Husband passport and ID (Photocopy).They didn't ask me for more documents...The woman only asked me if I am the first person that my husband petitioned and I said YES, and she handed me the form to be fill up and I paid P250.00 pesos and go back to my chair and fill up the form

Note: Some documents are also very important as what I observed:

- Copy of the legal capacity

- Copy of the passport of your husband

- Copy of Immigration stamped at your husband's passport if he married a Filipina more than once; in some case they just want a copy of it to check your husband's arrival in the Philippines.(The nun will explain it during the seminar).

- Copy of your visa (If you already have the visa)

- Copy of husband's or fiancee Birth certificate

- Copy of Husband's or Fiancee Passport

- I filled up the form quickly and have no problem with it because I already memorized my husband's whereabouts. (Note: You need to know the information about your husband or fiancee well. His name, birthday, address,work, work address, educational attainment, course, how many times he got married (if divorced), his arrival in the Philippines,how you met, where you met, etc)

-----You can finish filling up the form quickly and save your money if you did this. As I observed during the seminar that some of the fiancee and wives don't know what is the work of their husband and work address. They Mostly relied to the papers that they are holding (like copy of passport, birth cert, marriage cert) where in some personal info their husband's or fiancee can't be found.Some made a call to their sweetheart abroad to ask about these things and it cost money of course.(Phone calls)

- While the rest still filling the form, the guy behind the window call names again. This time it's for picture taking.

- After Photo taking we gathered in a room with a TV. Firstly, the nun showed us a clippings that they gathered from "Magandang Gabi Bayan" as ANdz and FAith mentioned. It wasn't bad though. It makes us awaken to the real world. It was sort of reminder, warning, since we are going to the foreign country. It was a Complains and report of Filipina abused by their foreign husband. But nothing to be worry or afraid of if you only know the person you will marry or get married in most part. Yes, the nun was little bit strict. She is trying to put or planted in our head and heart that we married a foreigner because of "LOVE" and not for money. That our main purpose is to be a Wife. I didn't regret that I attended the seminar, I learned a lot like upgrading ourselves, love our husband, etc.....The seminar lasted for more or less 2 hours. After that, all american fiancee and spouses stayed in the room and the fiancee and spouses of other national went to other room. I stayed because my husband is an american. It was another woman who gave us briefing about American culture, port of entry, different kind of visas, visa adjustment, etc.....

- Lunch break

- After Lunch, some ladies were called back to go inside to finish filling their forms. While others called by a nun and another woman for individual counselling. Though I was late upon entry in the guard, I was not the last one called during the individual interview because I finished filling up my form quickly.

- I was interviewed by a Nun. It was fine. She asked me about my husband, his arrival, how we met, where we met, how long we met, he was been married, how many times he went to the Philippines, etc.....Very simple questions if you only know your husband or fiancee well. Our age big age difference was not being questioned. I am 29 and my husband is 52. It's maybe because we knew each other or met online last 2001 and been friends for a long time before we became sweethearts. Nothing to be afraid. Just know your sweetheart well. :D

- The Nun approved me and I picked up my SMEF-COW Certificate (BLUE) from the guy behind the window and advised me to go to CFO Office near at the hotel where I stay to pick up the CFO CERTIFICATE (Green). I choose to stay for a while with Roselyn and April (other Seminarians) and waited for Faith to finish her interview. After Faith interview, we went to CFO Office by jeepney. The woman told us to photocopy our SMEF-COW Certificate (blue) and went to her with our P400 pesos and she issued us the CFO certificate (Green). If you have your passport with your visa they will put the sticker to your visa automatically. But if you don't have the visa yet, they will only give you the Green CFO CErtificate. CFO Sticker can be claim either in Cebu or Manila if you get your visa. (Don't ever lost your CFO Certificate (Green) as you needed it to get your CFO Sticker stamped or attached to your visa before departure to foreign country.

- I've done everything with 1 day. I still have 1 night to stay in the hotel. I left for Iloilo the next day on Ferry. SUCCESS with CFO..... :star:

IR-5 Timeline (Petitioning my mother from the Philippines)

01/06/2017 - Mailed Petition to Arizona Lockbox via USPS certified mail - Paid: $4 and change

01/09//2017 - Petition was received (Priority Date)

01/16/2017 - Received  text and email notification that case was accepted and routed to Texas Service Center

01/20//2017 - Received NOA1 in the mail (Form I-179c)

Timeline

However, Faith didn't get the sticker the first day because she didn't have a copy of my passport, birth certificate, and the infamous proof of singleness (that doesn't exist in the U.S.). Thankfully, she just went back the next day and showed them a copy of my tax return that shows my filing status as single and got her sticker!

My fiance interview is March 29th. I will be attending the interview with her, the next day we plan to go to CFO seminar. I have been devorced for three years, my tax returns still show my filing status as married, my place of employment forgot to send in the updated W-4, how do I prove to them that im single?

• 3 months later...
Timeline

Hi Andz and Faith,

Please give my regards to Faith. I also took my CFO seminar last February 16, 2011. First of all, I want to say that you have a beautiful fiancee and "wife to be Andz".:) The 4 of us (Roselyn, April, the other girl and me) waited for Faith to be done with her interview because we were planning to go together to CFO office to pick up the CFO certificate. And you are right, she needed to go back the next day to pick up the certificate because she forgot a copy of your passport, birth certificate, etc. While we were waiting for her outside the room, the rest of us were exchanging email addresses and cellphone number. I feel bad, we didn't get FAith's contact because we were on a hurry that the CFO might close sooner. But no worries at all. Faith, live in cebu and she can go to the CFO office anytime she wanted too. :thumbs:

Thanks for the compliment, and I'll send your regards to Faith today! I'm sure she'll be glad to hear from you =).

11-30-08 Met on christianpenpals.com
05-27-10 Met for 1st time in person in Philippines
06-02-10 Proposed...She said "yes"!!!
K1:
07-12-10 NOA1 sent

07-17-10 NOA1 received
01-04-11 NOA2 - Finally!!!
01-07-11 NVC received
01-10-11 NVC sent to consulate/embassy (Manila)
01-10-11 NOA2 hardcopy (mail)
01-12-11 Embassy received
01-31-11 Medical Day 1
02-01-11 Medical Day 2: Passed!!!
02-04-11 Interview: Approved! (Thank you, Lord!)
02-10-11 2GO received visa from embassy
02-14-11 Visa in hand (picked up at 2GO branch)
02-17-11 CFO sticker for passport
03-10-11 Arrived in U.S. with my fiancee
05-14-11 Wedding

AOS:
06-13-11 Filed I-485
06-21-11 NOA 1 (Mobile/Email)
07-07-11 Transfer date (California Service Center)
07-22-11 Biometrics
08-12-11 Approved!
08-18-11 Approval and green card received in mail

Psalm 27:14 "Wait on the LORD; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart. Wait, I say, on the LORD!"

Romans 8:18 "I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us."

Timeline

My fiance interview is March 29th. I will be attending the interview with her, the next day we plan to go to CFO seminar. I have been devorced for three years, my tax returns still show my filing status as married, my place of employment forgot to send in the updated W-4, how do I prove to them that im single?

So your Fiancee needs to show Nuns in Cebu that the USC is single and not married? they need copy of your passport and ITR or divorce document? Wow!:blink:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.