missyouhoney

We filed for K1. Can I visit him AGAIN using my VWP?

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I didn't jump to any tangent. I simply explained how it could be viewed by CBP officer, as I explained in my second reply (3 hrs before you replied).

Still sounded tangential to me. Fact is, anyone can be denied at any time. And the members of VJ are not the 'be all end all' regarding immigration law...yuor post sounded to me as if you're trying to say all CBP are think as planks and don't understand common sense, or immigration policy. The thing is to bring evidence which shows strong ties to home. A single woman coming to 'visit her boyfriend' is more of a 'threat' than someone with a current K-1 in processing.

I don't believe in mollycoddling anyone, but the thing is that it's perfectly legal for the OP to visit. Sure, she runs a risk, but if one is prepared, one can mitigate those risks to the best of one's ability. That should be the focus here...focusing on facts, not horror stories.

jhho

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Everyone has a valid point regarding the "risk factor" it all just depends who you see on the day. I also hired a lawyer to deal with our K-1 visa application, not because we were incapable, just because we didn't want to leave any stone unturned and were prepared to pay someone to get it right first time. One thing i will point out is that my lawyer did ADVISE me that if i were to visit the US then not to say i was visiting my fiancee for the reasons which everyone else has stated. That's not to say that's what you should do were you to visit, i just thought id share that little piece of info :)

Good luck with whatever you decide

10/30/2010 FIELD I-129F
11/09/2010 NOA1
11/30/2010 TOUCHED
12/29/2010 TOUCHED
03/15/2011 TOUCHED
03/15/2011 NOA2 APPROVED
04/04/2011 NVC RECEIVED
04/12/2011 LEFT NVC
04/15/2011 CONSULATE RECEIVED
04/23/2011 PACKET 3 RECEIVED
04/25/2011 PACKET 3 SENT
05/24/2011 PACKET 4 RECEIVED
06/07/2011 INTERVIEW DATE smile.png
06/07/2011 APPROVED WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO smile.png)))
06/17/2011 ENTERED THE UNITED STATES
10/12/2011 BIOMETRICS
10/21/2011 WORK AUTHORIZATION AND ADVANCE PAROLE RECEIVED
11/21/2011 AOS INTERVIEW APPROVED smile.png))))))))

10/21/2013 I-751 PACKAGE SENT

10/28/2013 NOA1 RECEIVED 1 YEAR EXTENSION

11/1/2013 BIO-METRICS APPOINTMENT RECEIVED FOR 11/19/2013

02/24/2014 I-751 APPROVED. RECEIVED GREEN CARD IN POST dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif

Everyone has a valid point regarding the "risk factor" it all just depends who you see on the day. I also hired a lawyer to deal with our K-1 visa application, not because we were incapable, just because we didn't want to leave any stone unturned and were prepared to pay someone to get it right first time. One thing i will point out is that my lawyer did ADVISE me that if i were to visit the US then not to say i was visiting my fiancee for the reasons which everyone else has stated. That's not to say that's what you should do were you to visit, i just thought id share that little piece of info :)

Good luck with whatever you decide

If you have a simply case and you can read I would consider yourself more capable then a lawyer. It is certainly your personal choice though.

Also I don't know how your lawyer phrased it but you cannot lie to immigration. So if you are asked point blank, are you visiting a significant other you have to answer yes. If not it is your choice to tell more specifics about your trip.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Nigel always said he had a K1 in process and was visiting his fiancee. The first time he came in he got asked a million questions. He offered to show his packet of ties to England, but the BPO refused to even look at it. She let him in though. The second time (the 85-day stay) he only got asked how long he was staying and who with. Those 2 questions that are tempting for us all to answer dishonestly because of fear, but we are not doing anything wrong and have nothing to hide. Those 2 honest answers gave him an effortless pass through immigration and the best 3 months we have ever had. I can't promise anything, because he was honest the first trip to and almost got sent back, but he did get through in the end. I think that especially if you don't have strong ties to your country, your K1 is your best defense. Nigel didn't have much evidence either. Look at some of his other posts, I think he has told his story a couple of times and listed some of the things he took for backup. ( Find Nigel&Meggie, he posted on the first page).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.