shakira08

REPORT OF MARRIAGE & AMENDMENT

12 posts in this topic

Hello All! I am here in US almost 4years now. I wanted to ask pertaining to my passport of which expiring soon and still "Green Passport". I got married in Vegas with which under the jurisdiction of Los Angeles Consulate, but I am residing since then in Florida with which under the jurisdiction of Washington Consulate. I wanted to report my marriage and amend it but i dont want to travel all the way to California just to do it. But the good news is, there is an outreach in Tampa in April 2011.

So please anyone gave me an idea what first thing to do? i ask so many filipina here in my area, but they can't give me definite answer since most of them are US Citizen already, and seems dont care :angry:

Should i report my marriage first, and then attend the outreach and amend at the outreach? am i correct?..pls help!

Hello All! I am here in US almost 4years now. I wanted to ask pertaining to my passport of which expiring soon and still "Green Passport". I got married in Vegas with which under the jurisdiction of Los Angeles Consulate, but I am residing since then in Florida with which under the jurisdiction of Washington Consulate. I wanted to report my marriage and amend it but i dont want to travel all the way to California just to do it. But the good news is, there is an outreach in Tampa in April 2011.

So please anyone gave me an idea what first thing to do? i ask so many filipina here in my area, but they can't give me definite answer since most of them are US Citizen already, and seems dont care :angry:

Should i report my marriage first, and then attend the outreach and amend at the outreach? am i correct?..pls help!

>>> Yes, report the marriage at Washington first (since you are a resident there in Florida); and yes, you have to make an appointment before attending the outreach at Tampa

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You do need to call the person listed to make an appointment. The outreach should do passports and report of marriages.....below is from their website.

The Embassy’s consular team will accept and process applications for electronic passport (ePassport), notarization of documents, and registration of births and marriages.

We are going to Montgomery in march.

If i were u first thing u do is report your marriage to ur nearest consulate as this is one of the requirements for ammendment of passport.If ur passport is about to expire u don't need to have it ammended,,just get a new or renew your passport using ur married name now. Ammendment and renewal of passport can be done at the outreach itself. If u have an appointment for the outreach program u can just get the application and do both at the same time.I renewed my passport by mail in Washington,DC and had to go to Atlanta(outreach) for personal appearance and i did not have any problem.

Edited by happyme'11

I am also a green passport holder and you should be able to renew it anything. Green passports are now obsolete but still valid til the expiration date. If consulates do an outreach, you should send your paperwork ahead of the scheduled outreach. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they wanted to have all your paperwork on hand. As some other members said, you do not need to amend your passport anymore since you are renewing it. You can check on their website though. Good Luck

2_950692851l.jpg

October 24, 2007 - we met online ( Cherry Blossoms)

February 24, 2008 - He came to the Philippines to finally meet me!

February 26, 2008 - He proposed to me and I said YES!

March 4, 2008 - Flew back home ( US )- sad

K1 timeline:

April 7, 2008 - sent I-129f to VSC

April 10, 2008 - VSC received petition

April 18, 2008 - NOA1 hard copy received

May 9, 2008 - touched

July 14, 2008 - touched

July 15, 2008 - NOA2 (99days)

Aug.14-15,2008-Medical PASSED

Aug.22,2008- Interview PASSED (Pink Slip Only)

Aug.29,2008- VISA ON HAND

Sept.3,2008- POE Houston TX

October 25, 2008 - Officially Mrs. Eaton

AOS Timeline:

March 10, 2009 - AOS package sent to USCIS via FedEx

March 12, 2009 12:21pm - AOS package delivered to USCIS

March 20, 2009 - Check cashed

March 21, 2009 - NOA1 for I-485, I-131 and I-765

March 24, 2009 - Received Biometrics Appointment

April 4, 2009 - Case transferred to CSC

April 7, 2009 - Biometrics appointment is done

May 4, 2009 - AP approval notice received

May 8,2008 - EAD received

June 3, 2009 - Welcome notice from CRIS via email

June 8, 2009 - Receive hard copy of welcome notice on the mail

June 15, 2009 - Card production ordered

June 27, 2009 - Green Card on hand ( 2 years )

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife submitted both the report of marriage and the application for the new passport (old green one expiring) at the same time in Chicago. Around 5 weeks later she received the new passport with her married name and the NSO stamped receipt for the report of marriage in the mail. We had to supply a paid self addressed priority mail envelope with the application.

My wife submitted both the report of marriage and the application for the new passport (old green one expiring) at the same time in Chicago. Around 5 weeks later she received the new passport with her married name and the NSO stamped receipt for the report of marriage in the mail. We had to supply a paid self addressed priority mail envelope with the application.

Thank you guys for the help!.....I guess i will just report my marriage first in L.A consulate because that's where our marriage jurisdiction is and attend the outreach in April then for renewal of passport. By the way damulag, how can you apply for new passport by mail? You have to be in person to do this,right? they don't accept mailing nowadays......

I'm sorry to say this, but our consulate are sooo ridiculous. They don't have proper system in taking care of there filipinos abroad, sad but true. :wacko::crying:

if you going to DC bring all the proper documents with you and magbaon ng mahabang pasensya at masusungit sila don! :angry:

03.14.2011 -------I-751 sent overnight

03.15.2011 -------package says "Delivered"

03.30.2011 -------ASC Appointment Notice Received

04.22.2011 -------Biometrics Appointment

08.29.2011--------APPROVED! GC RECEIVED!

I'm the wife of an American Soldier;

I'm the hope that lives within him after storm clouded days.

The freedom from war that gives wings to his heart,

May they reach across the miles and bind our hearts together

against all that we must face in this world.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you guys for the help!.....I guess i will just report my marriage first in L.A consulate because that's where our marriage jurisdiction is and attend the outreach in April then for renewal of passport. By the way damulag, how can you apply for new passport by mail? You have to be in person to do this,right? they don't accept mailing nowadays......

I'm sorry to say this, but our consulate are sooo ridiculous. They don't have proper system in taking care of there filipinos abroad, sad but true. :wacko::crying:

She applied in person, you need to bring the pre paid envelope because the Philippine consulate will send the info back to the Philippines for the passport production and they will send it back to the consulate and then they will use the envelope to mail you the passport and record of marriage.

You have to report the marriage to the Consulate Office that services your area and that is Wash DC, it makes no matter where you were married. The Wash DC Philippines Embassy web site has all the forms and instructions. My wife recently went through the same as you are wanting to do. Report your marriage can be done by mail but to renew a passport you have to appear in person at the embassy or go to an outreach near you. There is NO outreach ever near us so we had to travel to Wash DC for my wife to get her passport in her married name and they do not renew the green passport or ammend them, you will get the new brown/reddish colored one. Any questions PM us and we will help if we can.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We are on the same boat.. I am also needing to renew my passport since it's expired already, still have the green one. I concur, masusungit nga... I even tried calling the Washington DC consulate, masungit talaga parang ayaw tumulong. Dahil siguro nagtagalog ako asking my questions sa umpisa tapos yung sagot nila in English.. parang disgusted, lagyan ko pa nga ng punto tapos "twang" ng english, natahimik. anyway... But i was told that in renewing the passport, you have to report the marriage first.

To OP, you don't need to report your marriage in CA consulate. Sa Washington DC consulate is fine. It doesn't have to be where you were actually married.

------- @>-@>-@>--------

AOS

Jul 23, 2008 ---> Mailed AOS, EAD and AP package

July 27, 2008 ---> check cleared

Jul 29, 2008 ---> NOA Date

Aug 2, 2008 ---> received confirmation mail for AOS, EAD and AP

Aug 9, 2008 ---> received biometrics appointment letter

Aug 21, 2008 ---> BIOMETRICS schedule at 3 pm

Aug 12, 2008 ---> took Biometrics in advance as a walk in

Aug 12, 2008 ---> touched

Aug 18, 2008 ---> I-485 notice of transfer to CSC

Sept 23, 2008 ---> touched

Nov 18, 2008 ---> GC RECEIVED!!!

EAD

Sept 30, 2008 ---> Card production ordered <expect to receive within 30 days>

Oct 11, 2008 ---> EAD received

AP

Sept 30, 2008 ---> AP approved <NOA mailed>

Oct 10, 2008 ---> AP received

ROC

Oct 11, 2010 ---> Mailed ROC packet

Oct 12, 2010 ---> Signed for and received by destination

Oct 14, 2010 ---> Money order cashed

Oct 18, 2010 ---> NOA1 received in mail

Nov 15, 2010 ---> Biometrics and fingerprinting appointment

Jan 28, 2011 ---> ROC approved

Jan 31, 2011 ---> Card mailed out

Feb 2, 2011 ---> Card received in the mail.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.