tauruslady

New Montreal Address for DHL Packages

13 posts in this topic

I just mailed a package to Montreal and the DHL lady told me that the address was changed to:

This is New:

ATT'N IV UNIT

315 PLACE D'YOUVILLE SUITE 500

MONTREAL , QC H2Y 0A4

This is the New Address effective Jan 18, 2011

Did they moved physically or this is just the new address for letters

Considering that the embassy are screening letters this could possibly be for Incoming letters only

Anybody who mailed Letter to the Montreal embassy lately?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The Embassy does not move. The mail storage, drop off and pickup does.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

That's actually their mailing address...

If you look here http://www.consular.canada.usembassy.gov/montreal.asp it says to use the 1155 rue St. Alexandre address for COURIER deliveries (DHL) and the address you had in your post is for mail.

Edited by Sweetcheeksss

Thats what I thought the 1155 Rue Alexandre is for courier.

This is wehre I sent my first package in November 2010.

But according to the DHL Lady, they receive a memo in Dec 18 ( she showed me the memo) that the new DHL deliver will be

315 Place d'Youville

Suite 500

Montréal, Québec

H2Y 0A4

I did not insist as they are doing this already and they know what to do.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

If you follow the link I posted, it goes directly to the US consulate website. It lists the 1155 address for courier deliveries and the address you posted for mail. Dunno what to tell you, that's just what I see on their website. *shrug*

Thats what I thought the 1155 Rue Alexandre is for courier.

This is wehre I sent my first package in November 2010.

But according to the DHL Lady, they receive a memo in Dec 18 ( she showed me the memo) that the new DHL deliver will be

315 Place d'Youville

Suite 500

Montréal, Québec

H2Y 0A4

I did not insist as they are doing this already and they know what to do.

I had a similar experience where the local DHL told me to send it to the address 315 Place d'Youville. So that's were i sent it earlier this month.

Chris

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all, I'm about to mail my packet 3 stuff today-- would you still recommend using this address

ATT'N IV UNIT

MONTREAL , QC H2Y 0A4

or the actual consulate address, 1155 Rue Alexandre? I am going to be mailing it with Canada Post express post as I don't want to trek an hour and a half to the DHL Location! :)

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just mailed a package to Montreal and the DHL lady told me that the address was changed to:

This is New:

ATT'N IV UNIT

MONTREAL , QC H2Y 0A4

This is the New Address effective Jan 18, 2011

Did they moved physically or this is just the new address for letters

Considering that the embassy are screening letters this could possibly be for Incoming letters only

Anybody who mailed Letter to the Montreal embassy lately?

Hi Tauralady, yes I hand-delivered my pk3 to DHL and used the 315 Place D'Youville address, as many VJ's told me to use it, and of course the DHL people said that was correct, but I insisted I want to use this address, I was assured that the Montreal consulate will receive it today, April 12, 2011, but I am unsure of how to follow-up to see if indeed they did receive it. I understand that once it is logged, I am then able to call to see when I can book my interview. Waiting on advice from some VJ's what they suggest. They have been so helpful all along this journey, I have no idea what I would've done with out them all...Love you all!!!!

event.png

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish

Timeline

...was wondering--we have submitted DS 260 and Aff of Support for my Canadian wife's immigrant visa, and I am reading conflicting info...

Do we schedule the interview at the Montreal Consulate, or does NVC? And since I was in the "electronic submission" process with NVC, does my wife still have to DHL courier her documents to the interviewer? Very confusing! thanks, mel

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.