Simmy

AOS APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

1 post in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

(note to moderators -- I'm posting this in multiple forums in hopes to reach the many people that helped me in different forums over the course of my application. I'm hoping you'll let each post stay for this reason. There were too many folks to try msg individually).

I had my interview yesterday in Portland. We were told at the interview that we were approved!

I cannot express enough my gratitude to the visajourney community. Aside from saving me thousands of dollars in lawyer fees, it saved me a LOT of worry to be able to ask questions and get great answers, and it also saved me a lot of time (the entire process took just FOUR months!). The forums were great, and the guides were extremely helpful too. At the start of this, I had no idea whatsoever where to start -- whether to do a K1, K3, CR-1 or AOS (having already been in the U.S.). There were other issues too -- questions about my arrest, questions about my birth certificate, questions about financial stuff, and a very significant discussion we had about me being a laptop-based worker and the implications of that on my application. Basically I had ALL KINDS of questions, and I simply would not have made it here without the help of this community -- you guys were better than a lawyer, and, need I say, way better than the "misinformation line".

I wanted to say thanks some individuals in particular, but I'm hoping you all get to see this, and you know who you are.

In extreme gratitude,

Samuel

Feb 2010 - met online

March 2010 - vacationed in Mexico together

April 2010 - Samuel visits Catherine in US for one month

July to December 15, 2010- Samuel visits Catherine in US via B2 visa

August 10, 2010 - married in Medford, OR

September 10, 2010 - submitted AOS application via USPS Priority

September 13, 2010 - AOS package marked as delivered by USPS

September 20, 2010 - electronic notification received from Chicago lockbox

October 20, 2010 - biometrics appointment in Portland, OR

November 15, 2010 - Advanced Parole approved (took 66 days)

December 15, 2010 - January 18 -- Samuel and Catherine visit Samuel's friends in Canada

January 19, 2011 - AOS interview in Portland, OR -- interviewer gives verbal notice of approval (4 months since AOS submission)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.