one...two...tree

Americans Are Far Less Conservative Than the Right Wing Claims

34 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Not really - they've had what... 2 years?

it is all relative, but in this case, 2 years isn't a lot of time in my opinion. it is enough time for a general definition "reduce spending," but i don't think it is enough time for a specific and well thought out laundry lists.

if the tea party wants credibility, the list would need to be well balanced. a well balanced list isn't an easy task. if the tea party wants an ultimate amount of credibility, given a lot of them are republicans, a lot of programs normally supported by republicans should be the first to be cut. if they don't do it this way then the entire group will not differentiate themselves from run of the mill republicans. i'm hoping they take the high road, but this is politics so although i like that simple party tea theme "reduce spending," but they just might end up as run of the mill republicans after all.

Life..... Nobody gets out alive.

Filed: Timeline

it is all relative, but in this case, 2 years isn't a lot of time in my opinion. it is enough time for a general definition "reduce spending," but i don't think it is enough time for a specific and well thought out laundry lists.

if the tea party wants credibility, the list would need to be well balanced. a well balanced list isn't an easy task. if the tea party wants an ultimate amount of credibility, given a lot of them are republicans, a lot of programs normally supported by republicans should be the first to be cut. if they don't do it this way then the entire group will not differentiate themselves from run of the mill republicans. i'm hoping they take the high road, but this is politics so although i like that simple party tea theme "reduce spending," but they just might end up as run of the mill republicans after all.

The Tea Party is not an actual national party, but rather, a series of loosely affiliated national, state, and local organizations, much like the Democrats were, and are rapidly becoming again.

What about the deficit? Does the deficit cause you concern? Currently at

100 percent of GDP and rising...

It's impossible to "grow our way out" of this one even if we stop borrowing

*and* have double-digit growth for the next 30 years. Think about that.

If the fiscal crisis is not addressed soon, we will lose our AAA rating and

the yield on Treasury debt will exceed the growth rate of the economy

(anemic as it is), which means we will sink deeper and deeper into debt

just to meet the interest coupon payments on the existing debt.

Now that's a real cause for concern, not the antics of Palin and Angle.

The deficit (and debt) frightens me.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG