ADAMandKAREN

Typo's on birth certificate

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee and I are almost done with her K-1 visa. But the question I have is in regards to when we are already married and she has already become a US citizen. We plan to petition her parents to come here when she is eligible to do so. The only problem is that her birth certificate we are using now for her visa contains two small typographical errors. Her father's middle initial is an M instead of a N and her mom's first name is misspelled by a couple of letters. We are wondering if this will cause a problem in the future when we attempt to petition her parent's. Oh and if it makes a difference, when we petition her parent's they will be going to the Manila embassy for their visas.

Thanks

Edited by ADAMandKAREN

07/28/2009 Met on LDSlinkup.com

09/04/2009 Relationship officially started

06/11/2010 Met in Philippines

06/30/2010 Traveled to Singapore together

07/05/2010 I had to go back to the US

07/22/2010 I-129F mailed

07/24/2010 Delivery confirmation says I-129F received. Waiting for NOA1

08/02/2010 Check Cashed still waiting for NOA1

08/05/2010 NOA 1 received!!!!!!!!!!! (dated 07/29/2010)

12/21/2010 NOA 2 received!!!!!!!!!!! (dated 12/14/2010)

12/29/2010 NVC letter

01/12/2011 Packet 3!!!!!

02/02/2011 Sent checklist back to embassy....Waiting for phone call....

03/03/2011 She had her interview...Lacking of evidence....told her what to get and told her to come back

03/30/2011 She went back to the embassy....This time we had everything...K-1 approved; not in hand yet

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee and I are almost done with her K-1 visa. But the question I have is in regards to when we are already married and she has already become a US citizen. We plan to petition her parents to come here when she is eligible to do so. The only problem is that her birth certificate we are using now for her visa contains two small typographical errors. Her father's middle initial is an M instead of a N and her mom's first name is misspelled by a couple of letters. We are wondering if this will cause a problem in the future when we attempt to petition her parent's. Oh and if it makes a difference, when we petition her parent's they will be going to the Manila embassy for their visas.

Thanks

They have to correct now the error of their names.Tell them that they have to go to the Civil Registrar Office where they live. And ask the requirements for the correction and it will takes 6 to 1 year for the whole process, I did before last 2008 correction of my Mothers name on my Birth Certificate and my Middle name too. So better to start now.God Bless Us....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.