SRS77

NVC sending approved I-129F petition to embassy in a different country

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

i also posted this in the NVC forum but thought i would try here too. does anyone have any specific experience in getting the NVC to forward your approved I-129F petition to an embassy that is not in the beneficiaries home country? i spoke to a lawyer that told me i would need to send NVC a letter requesting the petition be sent to a different country other than my fiances home country, and also sending evidence that my fiance has a legal right to have the case processed in a different country. i thought they would forward my case to the embassy i listed on the I-129F petition, but the lawyer says they only look at the fiances home country and send it there, unless you intervene. anyone else have any experience with this?

Filed: Timeline

thanks for posting this question

i hope someone responds because I am in the same boat

i really hope they send it to the country i listed on the form because there is no american embassy in Comoros and we dont have the money to up and fly to Madagascar

note: it does say on the I-129F " Designation of a U.S. embassy or consulate outside the country of your fiance's last residence does not guarantee acceptance for processing by that foreign post. Acceptance is at the discretion of the designated embassy or consulate"

im not sure who we would even contact to ensure its forwarded to the correct embassy. My Fiance's last residence is Cairo and has been for the past 7 years so...i dont know

Edited by Tyeger87

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

i also posted this in the NVC forum but thought i would try here too. does anyone have any specific experience in getting the NVC to forward your approved I-129F petition to an embassy that is not in the beneficiaries home country? i spoke to a lawyer that told me i would need to send NVC a letter requesting the petition be sent to a different country other than my fiances home country, and also sending evidence that my fiance has a legal right to have the case processed in a different country. i thought they would forward my case to the embassy i listed on the I-129F petition, but the lawyer says they only look at the fiances home country and send it there, unless you intervene. anyone else have any experience with this?

That's not true. In the Petition, there is a line that asks where your fiancee will be getting visa. That's how happened with us. I am from Uzbekistan, but live and work in Thailand. Our lawyer just put in that line to receive visa in Bangkok, Thailand and everything was forwarded here.

18th March 2010- Application is accepted

23rd March 2010- Touched....

30th September 2010- Approved at USCIS Vermont

5th October 2010- Case was received at NVC

7th October 2010- Hard Copy NOA2

28th October 2010- Embassy received our case (US Embassy in Bangkok)

5th November 2010- Got Packet 3 from the Embassy

thanks for posting this question

i hope someone responds because I am in the same boat

i really hope they send it to the country i listed on the form because there is no american embassy in Comoros and we dont have the money to up and fly to Madagascar

note: it does say on the I-129F " Designation of a U.S. embassy or consulate outside the country of your fiance's last residence does not guarantee acceptance for processing by that foreign post. Acceptance is at the discretion of the designated embassy or consulate"

im not sure who we would even contact to ensure its forwarded to the correct embassy. My Fiance's last residence is Cairo and has been for the past 7 years so...i dont know

The reason it has the above clause is because not all the embassy/consulate issue K1 visa or even any type of Immigrant visas.

That's not true. In the Petition, there is a line that asks where your fiancee will be getting visa. That's how happened with us. I am from Uzbekistan, but live and work in Thailand. Our lawyer just put in that line to receive visa in Bangkok, Thailand and everything was forwarded here.

I am about to start filling out the form. Please I would like to know where you can find that line question which Form asks where the Fiancee/spouse will be getting the VISA? I too am not residing in my home country, but visiting there only.

Is it not on the basis of Address to be listed on G-325A, in the last 5 years?

or on 1-130 Information about Relative C. # 2. or is it #22, Shall I put there the Consulate where I intend get interviewed?

Or Should it be where in the country where the marriage took place/ or in the country where I currently work and reside,since there is

a US Consulate here in UAE?

Thanks for your input..

gracefulife

I am about to start filling out the form. Please I would like to know where you can find that line question which Form asks where the Fiancee/spouse will be getting the VISA? I too am not residing in my home country, but visiting there only.

or on 1-130 Information about Relative C. # 2. or is it #22, Shall I put there the Consulate where I intend get interviewed?

Or Should it be where in the country where the marriage took place/ or in the country where I currently work and reside,since there is

Thanks for your input..

gracefulife

By the way, we would like to apply for CR1/IR1 Visa, as per what I've read it's better than K-3, since waiting time are almost same.

Thanks for your input..

gracefulife

By the way, we would like to apply for CR1/IR1 Visa, as per what I've read it's better than K-3, since waiting time are almost same.

So you didn't have to do anything extra to get it sent to the embassy in Thailand? You didn't contact NVC at all? Did you have in your I-129F petition any documentation showing that your fiance has residency of some kind in Thailand? It seems that it is NVC that decides which embassy your case is sent to. I agree with atu14 that some embassy/consulates do not process K1's but i want to ensure that our case is sent to the embassy in the country where my fiance currently lives and not his home country. i fear that if that happens it will cause a significant delay in our processing.

it is one of the last lines on the I-129F form for the K1 visa. this is the K1 visa forum, not the CR1/IR1.

just wanted to let everyone know that my case has been received at NVC and already forwarded to the embassy on my I-129F petition which is not my fiances home country embassy. i didn't have to do anything. they automatically sent it without any interaction from me with NVC. whoo hooo on to the interview stage!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.