YAS8MIKE

VISA FINALLY APPROVED TODAY!! thanks VJ

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

got there at 5:30 told to fall on like at 6:30, showed the guard my confirmation letter & valid ID. directed to go to gate 2. bags were scanned & i went to the immigrants area, fell in line at the ticket booth. they took my DS forms , confirmation letter & BPI receipt

, they asked some questions & gave me a number which will be used for the whole process.

i was told to take a seat & wait for my numner to flash on the queuing board. (they appear in random order)

7006 flashes ont he board, i then went to window 14. fa nice ilipina prescreener asked some questions, look at our photos, took the NSO birth cert, cenomar & NBI clearance, didnt ask for other evidence of meeting nor our evidence of genuine relationship (which is 2 inches thick lol)

consul was a nice black american. interview was quick , asked me a few questions almost 10 i think.

who is your petitioner?

how did u meet?

when was the last itme u saw him?

how many did times he visit you?

di u have kids?

have u ever been married?

have u been outside the country?

is he married before?

does he have kids & if yes how many? & what are their age

do u have photos?

asked me to flip some of our photos for him, didnt ask for other evidence of meeting like boarding passes , ticketsnoe evidence of gen. rel. Told me that my visa is approved & i can go back to my seat & wait for my name to be called (releasing)

before i even reached my seat, i hear them asking #7006 to go back to window 38 lol so i went back. no one was there. stood at the cubicle/window for 10-15mins lol then he walked on front of me & he was like suprised that i was there lol & then he said oh i just for got to ask you if u intend to marry your fiance within 90 your arrival? & I said YES . & he said ok & told me to wait for my name to be called for releasing. after 15 minutes, i was asked to got o window 26, the lady there gave me a slip to fill out & be given to 2GO counter/booth after. & i went outside to look for my sister & brother in law & we headed home happy.

** u can buy drinks/snacks inside the embassy kinda pricey though. u can bring bread/biscuits/ candies. Liquids not allowed.

affix your 2x2 photos to your DS forms before the interview. Bring extra photos.there is restroom inside the embasssy best time to use it is right after u got your number as it will take time before your number flashes on the screen & after finger printing.

Thanks so much for your information regarding your interview. That helps my fiance so much....she is very nervous. St. Lukes is quite overwhelming and the interview is very frightening. Your info helps her to relax! Thanks!

Thanks so much for your information regarding your interview. That helps my fiance so much....she is very nervous. St. Lukes is quite overwhelming and the interview is very frightening. Your info helps her to relax! Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.