mwfiler

Biometrics Walk-in

4 posts in this topic

Heyyy!!!

I was a little iffy about doing a walk-in but as I had a day off today I decided to try. Got there and asked if I could and the supervisor asked me why I can't come on the appointed date. I explained I have the day off and decided to check if it was possible. He responded, "Ma'am since we are slow right now I'll let you do it, but in future make sure you come on the appointed date." I said ok and smiled :) They were only 2 people ahead of me lol. Some that worked there later explained he has to say that but they actually do like walk-ins because if the center doesn't seem busy they could cut jobs.

So... if you live close, try a walk-in, you lose NOTHING!!!! Oh and if it helps, I read on here thats its better to go towards the end of the week. Today is thursday, I went at 1.25p and was out of there in 20mins.

Hope this helps, good luck to everyone on the the rest of their journey!!! Myself included :)

08/26/2010 - Married

11/02/2010 - AOS Packet (485, 130, 765) sent to Chicago lockbox

11/05/2010-Received in Chicago

11/15/2010- Received 3 hard copies NOA1 (485, 130, 765) dated 11/09/2010

12/6/2010- Received RFE to prove we meet the 125% of the poverty line. (Currently waiting to file taxes and send this information in.)

12/25/2010- Received Biometrics letter dated 12.21.2010 for Appt 1/18/2011

1/6/2011- Successful Walk-In Biometrics

2/17/2011- Responded to RFE

3/10/2011- Received email that Work Permit card production has been ordered

3/14/2011- Interview notice for April 19th received(Mailed march 11)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Heyyy!!!

I was a little iffy about doing a walk-in but as I had a day off today I decided to try. Got there and asked if I could and the supervisor asked me why I can't come on the appointed date. I explained I have the day off and decided to check if it was possible. He responded, "Ma'am since we are slow right now I'll let you do it, but in future make sure you come on the appointed date." I said ok and smiled :) They were only 2 people ahead of me lol. Some that worked there later explained he has to say that but they actually do like walk-ins because if the center doesn't seem busy they could cut jobs.

So... if you live close, try a walk-in, you lose NOTHING!!!! Oh and if it helps, I read on here thats its better to go towards the end of the week. Today is thursday, I went at 1.25p and was out of there in 20mins.

Hope this helps, good luck to everyone on the the rest of their journey!!! Myself included :)

Hey I did the same thing I could not make my allotted appointment time and waited and waited for a new letter it never came. We also did a walk-in in Atlanta thought pppfff what the heck and it was so quiet they took me too. Mind you when the guy at the door checked they could not find my original appointment anywhere on the system so thank goodness I went for a walk-in. They were great to me in and out in 30 mins.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Hey I did the same thing I could not make my allotted appointment time and waited and waited for a new letter it never came. We also did a walk-in in Atlanta thought pppfff what the heck and it was so quiet they took me too. Mind you when the guy at the door checked they could not find my original appointment anywhere on the system so thank goodness I went for a walk-in. They were great to me in and out in 30 mins.

Awesome!!! I heard things are good in Atl... I used to live there. Fill out a timeline!

08/26/2010 - Married

11/02/2010 - AOS Packet (485, 130, 765) sent to Chicago lockbox

11/05/2010-Received in Chicago

11/15/2010- Received 3 hard copies NOA1 (485, 130, 765) dated 11/09/2010

12/6/2010- Received RFE to prove we meet the 125% of the poverty line. (Currently waiting to file taxes and send this information in.)

12/25/2010- Received Biometrics letter dated 12.21.2010 for Appt 1/18/2011

1/6/2011- Successful Walk-In Biometrics

2/17/2011- Responded to RFE

3/10/2011- Received email that Work Permit card production has been ordered

3/14/2011- Interview notice for April 19th received(Mailed march 11)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Awesome!!! I heard things are good in Atl... I used to live there. Fill out a timeline!

LOL On your profile page you will see my time line and it lets you put in all the dates of your process 129f sent off NOA1 NOA2 approval and so on its nice to see how others are doing and compare.

Edited by barbarajlw

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.