Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Waiver of Interview

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

According to an Interoffice Memorandum, dated 6/24/2005, both joint petition and “waiver” cases are considered to be eligible for waiver of the interview requirement when they are accompanied by sufficient supporting documentation to establish the bona fides of the marriage and when there is no indication of apparent fraud or misrepresentation.

When warranted, Service Centers should seek additional evidence through the RFE process and adjudicate the case on its merits in lieu of transferring to a district office for interview, except for instances where the petition contains:

• Information that is inconsistent with information discovered in the supporting documentation;

• Potential evidence of fraud or misrepresentation;

• Inconclusive evidence pertaining to the bona fides of the marriage to make a decision on the record notwithstanding receipt of a response to an RFE; or

• A particularly complex set of facts or issues that the Director feels would be best resolved by an interview.

Service Centers should continue to forward cases meeting the above criteria to the district office for interview except for cases involving fraud. All cases meeting the minimum threshold for fraud must be referred to the Fraud Detection and National Security Immigration Officer (FDNS IO), per the guidance in the memorandum entitled Criteria for Referring Benefit Fraud Cases.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually it is quite rare to get an interview for I-751 removal of conditions, waiver is automatic in most cases.

Only if the adjudicator has strong indications that marriage is not genuine will an interview happen.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.



Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...