marcus_arlyn1226

13 a resident visa

20 posts in this topic

I paid my fees and applied a few days ago, the interviewer was a very hateful to me and my wife and she ended up leaving in tears.

here are some of the things he said

he asked if i had an ex wife, i said yes, he asked what happened and I explained my ex wife cheated and abandoned the marriage so i filed for divorce , the guy said " bet you were doing some cheating too " i thought to myself what??? Absurd ! I explained to him no , i never did anything like that

Next he went on about marriage fraud for a visa, even though my wife and I have been married 2 years and I have been here (the phil) several times.

Then he said , " you are wanted by interpol" I could only laugh, and explain no I wasn't and showed my recent police clearance from the usa , from my local police department

I also explained that i had filed for my wife to come to the usa but it was taking a long time so i came back to stay for a while . He said he didnt care and it wasn't his or the philippines problem.......

They didnt say who to call or what to do, he just told us to leave after making my wife cry . I even showed him our bank account together and how much money i brought, he didnt even care to look at any documents i handed him

<div><br></div><div>We applied in person at intramuros manila at the bureau of immigration</div>

Unbelievable!!..We had no problems at all with the interview or anything else..except Philippine incompetence of course...! It never ceases to amaze me how the place goes out of its way to insure it'll be a failed society..I'm sorry to hear about your experience and in hind-sight..I guess I'm not surprised! You must have said SOMETHING that caused him to 'lose face' and he was determined to do whatever he could to mess-up your life. Unfortunately, not much you can do..WELCOME to the PI!!! (hmmm...brings up the lyrics of an old song 'WE GOT TA GET OUT OF THIS PLACE')

Edited by Steve&Fe

DCF-Manila

10/02/2008 ---- Met

06/04/2010 ---- Married

04/26/2011 ---- Filed I-130

06/03/2011 ---- I-130 approved, notify by e-mail from (DHS/USCIS)

06/13/2011 ---- Received e-mail from Manila IV Correspondence

06/15/2011 ---- Received letter from DHS/USCIS (NOA)

06/28/2011 ---- Sent (fax) the DS-230I & DS-2001

07/05/2011 ---- Schedule for interview date (online)

07/11-12/2011--Medical PASSED

08/01/2011 ---- Interview - (done @9:00am) APPROVED

08/01/2011 ---- CFO (1:30pm)

08/05/2011 ---- VISA IN HAND (4days after interview)

08/12/2011 ---- Flight...

08/12/2011 ---- POE Seattle, WA (arrived @ 8pm)

Unbelievable!!..We had no problems at all with the interview or anything else..except Philippine incompetence of course...! It never ceases to amaze me how the place goes out of its way to insure it'll be a failed society..I'm sorry to hear about your experience and in hind-sight..I guess I'm not surprised! You must have said SOMETHING that caused him to 'lose face' and he was determined to do whatever he could to mess-up your life. Unfortunately, not much you can do..WELCOME to the PI!!! (hmmm...brings up the lyrics of an old song 'WE GOT TA GET OUT OF THIS PLACE')

No idea what went wrong, we were super nice the whole time until my wife couldnt handle the hate from this guy anymore and started to cry. Seemed like he was pissed from the moment we sat down , dont know what we are going to do other than re apply and try again

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

I applied and will probably be denied, as they don't seem to think a few hundred usa dollars a month is enough to live in the philippines on. Even though my wife works and has her own apartment. I am of no added burden as my money covers my food and helps with the bills. But it seems they dont see it that way. They would not provide a specific amount to live on . Crazy , so it didnt go well

I would think $800 up and up would be the threshold.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This will be my last question.Do you send the stuff for 13 a visa to Philippines embassy in America or you send to consulate in the Philippines?I buying the ticket for may 1st and want make sure so I know.

"Yesterday's the past and tomorrow's the future. Today is a gift - which is why they call it the present."

Believe in yourself.!!

12/24/2006 : Meet Online

2/3/2007 : Officially Boyfriend and Girlfriend

3/7/2009 : Meet Arlyn in Manila

10/15/2009 : Mail I-129F package to Vermont Service Center

10/20/2009 : NOA1

2/01/2010 : NOA2 Approved

3/10/2010 : New NOA2 (Amended and re-approved)

3/17/2010 : Received by NVC

3/20/210 : NVC sent to U.S Embassy in Manila

3/29/2010 : U.S Embassy receive petition

04/19-20/2010 : Medical at Saint Luke's (Passed)

04/27/2010 : Interview at Embassy (Approved)

5/1/2010 : VISA

5/28/2010 : Flight Date

This will be my last question.Do you send the stuff for 13 a visa to Philippines embassy in America or you send to consulate in the Philippines?I buying the ticket for may 1st and want make sure so I know.

If you decide to apply for 13A, you send stuff to the Philippine Embassy or Consulate in America.

An Embassy or Consulate represents a foreign country so there is no Philippine Consulate in the Philippines in the same way that there is no US Consulate in the US.

When you send documents while you are in the Philippines, you will deal directly with the Bureau of Immigration and Deportation and there will be more opportunity for them to "milk" you for money.

You are making a good decision applying here in the US.

edited to add:

Why not just travel with your wife and get a "Balikbayan" stamp so you can stay for one year? You don't have to pay fees, it's free!

Hey TCO, maybe you can help out here... Please confirm if you received a balikbayan stamp when you last travelled to the PI.

Edited by Pinay Wife

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.