Kevin-

Possible to send money from a paypal account?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Greetings all. I will have some money in my paypal account later today which I'd like to send over to the Philippines - also today. It'd take too long to extract the money from paypal and then send it by LBC in the usual manner. Xoom apparently used to allow paypal, but no longer does. There is no bank account on the other end, so just sending it through paypal won't be useful, as far as I know.

Any ideas?

______

-Kevin

Love is not just a feeling, it is the actions showing kindness, caring, and concern, even when you don't feel like it.

Truth and Prayer our faith blog

We are both Seventh-Day Adventist Christians.

What does that mean?? Please feel free to ask me, I'd be more than happy to share.

- our beliefs - SDA fundamentals - we follow the Bible! -

- does hell burn forever? - what happens when you die? - Bible prophecy Truth -

- Sabbath Truth -

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

my fiancee also tried sending me money through Paypal and unfortunately it's still sitting on my account for almost 4months now :P although it only took me 24hr. to access my money but the problem is I only have a BDO debit card which unfortunately they don't allow transaction online, so I didn't get it and send half of the money back to my fiancee since there is no way for me to get it out.The remaining half is still stuck in my Paypal account cause I need to verify a card (which I don't have) before I can access the money again. I guess it doesn't work for us but I think it will work if the one who's gonna receive it here in the Philippines has a credit/debit card that will allow the user to transact online.

Hello Kevin-, It is possible for you to send money from there to Philippines through paypal. At first, there are things to be considered before sending the money. The receiver must have the paypal account which is verified already. It means that, if the receiver's paypal account is not yet verified, he/she cannot withdraw the money. The verification could be done by means of having any credit cards or Union EON Debit Card. You can acquire EON Debit Card by going to any nearest Union Bank and pay P350.00. After that, you can get the Debit Card after one week.

About linking the receiver's bank account to paypal account, you just have to add the bank name, bank account and the bank code. I am using Metrobank and BDO in tranferring my money from paypal account. By using Metrobank account, I have charged P50.00 in withdrawing the money. Then, in BDO, P200.00 will be the charge. Metrobank has the cheaper charge compared to BDO but in terms of fast service, I prefer BDO.

God is good all the time..

Timeline

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, I know how paypal works, Boing :thumbs:

To clarify, I'm seeking a way to remit money using paypal as the payment for the remittance. Xoom previously allowed using paypal as a payment for remittances, but no longer. I was hoping somebody knows of a remittance service which accepts paypal payments.

Thanks all.

______

-Kevin

Love is not just a feeling, it is the actions showing kindness, caring, and concern, even when you don't feel like it.

What does that mean?? Please feel free to ask me, I'd be more than happy to share.

- Sabbath Truth -

Timeline

Paypal works buy you have to wait for like 3-4 business days before the money will be transferred to your fiance's account.

whatever comes our way, we are gonna make it through

Timeline

June 02, 2010 - filed K1 visa...

June 07, 2010 - package delivered to USCIS

June 11, 2010 - date of NOA1 but with wrong receipt number and it was transferred from CSC to VSC

June 14, 2010 - check cleared

June 17, 2010 - touched

I hate waiting...:P

in God we trust....

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Kevin-, It is possible for you to send money from there to Philippines through paypal. At first, there are things to be considered before sending the money. The receiver must have the paypal account which is verified already. It means that, if the receiver's paypal account is not yet verified, he/she cannot withdraw the money. The verification could be done by means of having any credit cards or Union EON Debit Card. You can acquire EON Debit Card by going to any nearest Union Bank and pay P350.00. After that, you can get the Debit Card after one week.

About linking the receiver's bank account to paypal account, you just have to add the bank name, bank account and the bank code. I am using Metrobank and BDO in tranferring my money from paypal account. By using Metrobank account, I have charged P50.00 in withdrawing the money. Then, in BDO, P200.00 will be the charge. Metrobank has the cheaper charge compared to BDO but in terms of fast service, I prefer BDO.

:thumbs:

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

You could send moneygram online I think, maybe you can pay that out of a paypal account? Not sure

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

Timeline

Silly solution:

Transfer the money from your your Paypal to your checking. Then use Xoom.

I said it from the beginning it is a lazy solution but works.

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

This doesn't matter anymore, as I've done it the usual way already. The usual way is LBC, which works fine.

As mentioned, there's no bank account on the other end. This means the remittance needed to be Western Union or Xoom style, but with payment coming from Paypal rather than cash or my bank account. My bank does not allow online money transfers of any kind, even if I call them and say please beforehand - they don't even have a way to allow a one-time bypass of the blanket block. It just ended up taking longer than I wanted it to, by not finding a way to do this with paypal.

______

-Kevin

- Sabbath Truth -

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.