beijinger234

DCF Beijing Questions

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Hi,

I've read through quite a few posts, but still don't have answers to my questions for the I-130 so I figured I'd ask.

I recently married my Chinese girlfriend of 2+yrs and plan on returning to the US for work in a month or so. I'd like to file this DCF in Beijing to expedite the process. If I return so soon, does that mean I can't file the DCF also?

Q2 and Q21: different addresses and last address lived together.

Over the last 2+ years, we have lived together for a year and now part-time for about 6mo. Now, I basically have 2 apartments in two cities that are not co-signed.

Q2: What's good to show for explaining the two addresses? Explain this in the cover letter?

Q21: Can I put her current address as the last address lived together? Or is it best to put the address where we indeed lived full-time together for 1yr.

Q18: I don't have a permanent address in the US yet. What do I put here? Do I have to wait until I go back to the US file the I-130? Can I use a relatives address and change it when I get my own address? Can I use my non-residence permanent address (mail service)?

Providing bonafides for proof of marriage:

We don't have any shared property or bank accounts. The rentals are in my name. Does that mean we must rely affidavits? What types of 'other' documents work here?

Thanks much for your help in advance!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Firstly, I would check out http://candleforlove.com That site has extensive information dealing exclusively with the immigrations interview process in China. One of the moderators Kyle on Candle did do DCF through Beijing.

If have two places live at, is one for work and the other for residence as in where your wife lives? My wife lived with her mother in Guilin, however she worked in Yangshuo 40 km from her HOME, she lived in Yangshuo during the week, and sometimes over weekends, however her HOME was her mother's home.

Use her current address.

US address can be noted "In process of moving", HOWEVER at time of visa interview you WILL be required to provide evidence of a US Domicile, it is REQUIRED for the REQUIRED I-864 affidavit of support.

Short time marriages in most cases do not have joint ownership of things, and joint accounts, that's why the I-130 provides the option of sworn affidavits.

And yes you can file the I-130 to DHS located in the embassy in Beijing if you have resided in China more than 6 months.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Thanks so much!

She lives in another city and works. I'm the one that comes back to her HOME when I can. So I'll use her HOME, as you suggest.

'In process of moving' is extremely helpful! (and not obvious)

Firstly, I would check out http://candleforlove.com That site has extensive information dealing exclusively with the immigrations interview process in China. One of the moderators Kyle on Candle did do DCF through Beijing.

If have two places live at, is one for work and the other for residence as in where your wife lives? My wife lived with her mother in Guilin, however she worked in Yangshuo 40 km from her HOME, she lived in Yangshuo during the week, and sometimes over weekends, however her HOME was her mother's home.

Use her current address.

US address can be noted "In process of moving", HOWEVER at time of visa interview you WILL be required to provide evidence of a US Domicile, it is REQUIRED for the REQUIRED I-864 affidavit of support.

Short time marriages in most cases do not have joint ownership of things, and joint accounts, that's why the I-130 provides the option of sworn affidavits.

And yes you can file the I-130 to DHS located in the embassy in Beijing if you have resided in China more than 6 months.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.