3 posts in this topic

Ok, so I am looking for some advice on an RFE we got today. It is actually something simple...thank god, but I want to make sure I am not over simplifying!

Long story short, my husband has a son that is not immigrating with him. He is still in Morocco with his ex and will be staying there. On the I-485 form I accidentally checked yes for "Applying with you?" I just hit the wrong box. :bonk:

So the RFE states:

Supporting documentation indicates that the I-485 applicant has a spouse/children who are derivitive applicants..etc...

The I-130 petitioner sponsor cannot use form I-864EZ (I am assuming because if I was filing for his son too, I would not qualify for the EZ form)

With that in mind...I am thinking we simply need to reprint the I-485 form with the correct box checked, but can I still send in the same I-864EZ form? According to the requirements I should qualify, I make enough money and am the only sponsor. And I just hate the idea of filling out the long form.

I just don't want to get this thing back again for another stupid mistake.

Thanks in advance!

Jackie

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

hey jackie im sorry to hear about the rfe, it sucks. We just sent ours today lol FINALLY lol and I hope that we dont get an rfe. I dont know anything about the I864ez clueless but to avoid any chances of getting an rfe I would just fill out the I864 no? anyways I hope everything goes good and that you will not get anymore rfe's I cant waite to get over all this. such a huge headache :wacko:

K-1

Met Online: October 2007

Went to Morocco : April 2009

Filed K-1: March 3, 2010

Interview: July 26, 2010

Visa in hand: August 2, 2010

US Entry: September 29, 2010

Married: October 1, 2010

Adjustment of Status

Filed AOS: December 29, 2010

Biometrics: February 10, 2011

Approved: February 28,2011

GC Received March 4, 2011

Lifting Conditions

Filed: December 17, 2012

Biometrics: February 4, 2013

Approved: April 29, 2013

GC Received: May 11, 2013

Thanks Amirah!

This AOS stuff is driving me crazy. The good thing is that the RFE did state it will not slow down his EAD. And I thought that was good news until I looked at the status of his EAD and suddenly our post office returned a piece of mail as undeliverable...so I just had to spend 45 minutes on the phone with USCIS explaining that we have not moved, and that I have received other mail from them before and since...UGH!!! So now I have two government organizations against me...hahaha.

Hopefully yours goes much much smoother!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.