psals

Timeline to move once I-130 and visa are approved

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I'm trying to plan out when it'd be best to file I-130s for my parents to move to the US. Presuming that their I-130 applications are approved within the current 5-6 month processing times, how many weeks/months on average does it take for NVC to process and call them for a consular interview? Of course, that is to the extent that there is some "average" timeline for NVC processing. Also, presuming that their visa is approved after the interview, how quickly must they wrap up their lives and move to the US?

Thank you.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

After Visa is approved, they have a maximum of 6 months (temporary Visa foil) to enter POE(Port of Entry)...:yes:

As far as NVC, the fun depends on their processing times and the speed at which u provide the documents..:D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I'm trying to plan out when it'd be best to file I-130s for my parents to move to the US. Presuming that their I-130 applications are approved within the current 5-6 month processing times, how many weeks/months on average does it take for NVC to process and call them for a consular interview? Of course, that is to the extent that there is some "average" timeline for NVC processing. Also, presuming that their visa is approved after the interview, how quickly must they wrap up their lives and move to the US?

Thank you.

Well, if they have all the papers ready to be sent when NVC request them, i would say 1.5 or 2 months for NVC (if no RFE). Then, you can count 1 month minimum for the interview after the case is complete, but depending on how busy is the consulate, it could be more....

Good luck!

NVC:

Case number assigned : 10/12/2010

IIN received: 10/21/2010

paid AOS bill: 10/22/2010

Sent AOS: 10/25/2010

paid IV bill: 10/28/2010

Received confirmation COA: 10/28/2010

Sent IV+DS230: 10/29/2010

AOS entered in the system: 11/08/2010

IV entered in the system: 11/12/2010

Stupid RFE on birth certificate: 11/24/2010

Send German birth certificate : 11/26/2010

German birth certificate received by NVC : 11/29/2010

RFE entered in the system : 12/07/2010

SIF: 12/15/2010

Case complete: 12/16/2010

Holiday in Martinique with my wonderful wife : 12/31/2010

Interview : 02/22/2011

Visa in hand : 02/28/2011

POE DALLAS : 03/01/2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.