stasis_dc5

is there another method of obtaining the waybill?

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

i've searched through 12 pages of this forum and have not found anything other than the following:

get your reference# from the visa website

and

go to dhl.ca and input it under track using reference#

so far it shows no record.

the only other method we've tried was to call the visa hotline.

we were told that what they see is pretty much what we see.

which is that dhl has no record of our reference#

we even called dhl and they said that they can't do anything without the waybill.

so, are there other methods of obtaining the waybill that we haven't tried?

Note:

-interview was on Dec. 13th (montreal)

-called visa hotline on dec. 17th and was told that the visa was issued/printed

for those who were told something similar, how long did it take before dhl received the package?

considering that the interview was on Dec. 13th we assumed that we would be able to spend x-mas together along with our recently born (3 month old) son. now we are afraid that we wont be able to at least spend new years together.

any info or experiences will be much appreciated.

*slow motion is better than no motion*

What number did you call for the " visa hotline " ? Maybe after you tell us that we can be of some help :thumbs:I'm sure you'll see it soon with Christmas it may be a bit slower but still :wacko: What city are you picking it up in?

Timeline

What number did you call for the " visa hotline " ? Maybe after you tell us that we can be of some help :thumbs:I'm sure you'll see it soon with Christmas it may be a bit slower but still :wacko: What city are you picking it up in?

I called this number: Toronto 647-955 3736. I am registered at the DHL markham location.

Funny you should pop in Jaden :D.......Didn't you have a phone number that you called to obtain the "S' number? I tried to find your post on this to help out but was unlucky..........

Was wondering if you could help out .....

Edited by MSR

Did they ask you for your passport info? If not call back and try another person. They are able to give you info based on your passport and other questions they will ask. :yes:

Timeline

Funny you should pop in Jaden :D.......Didn't you have a phone number that you called to obtain the "S' number? I tried to find your post on this to help out but was unlucky..........

Was wondering if you could help out .....

I kinda have a slight idea why it's delayed. When I did all my profile and processing, I used my Philippine passport. But when I got to my interview, the lady there saw my canadian passport which I barely got and took that instead of my philippine passport. She said it wouldn't take long because all they have to do was update their system. I have called visa hotline and have been telling them my situation but barely just now that someone did something. The person I talked to on the phone made me a new account on their website using my canadian passport number. so now, i got two profiles and two reference ids that i will use to check DHL. Although my visa was issued last Friday, December 17, could it be that they couldn't find my profile because the one I registered was my Philippine passport? But if the case number is the same then there shouldn't be a problem right?

I kinda have a slight idea why it's delayed. When I did all my profile and processing, I used my Philippine passport. But when I got to my interview, the lady there saw my canadian passport which I barely got and took that instead of my philippine passport. She said it wouldn't take long because all they have to do was update their system. I have called visa hotline and have been telling them my situation but barely just now that someone did something. The person I talked to on the phone made me a new account on their website using my canadian passport number. so now, i got two profiles and two reference ids that i will use to check DHL. Although my visa was issued last Friday, December 17, could it be that they couldn't find my profile because the one I registered was my Philippine passport? But if the case number is the same then there shouldn't be a problem right?

Call this number back and give them your passport info

647-955 3736

:)

Yup call them back and give your Canadian passport info. They use your passport number to find you in the system not your case number ( at least that was my experience ).

I think they should find it for you. It should be here today. They ask for 5 biz days, so if not today tomorrow.

sooonnnnnn :hehe:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I called this number: Toronto 647-955 3736. I am registered at the DHL markham location.

I picked up at the markham location.... Nice guy there although he can be hard to understand and he WILL call you the moment they get it in or at least he did when ours came in (maybe I was special...no wait I know I am special...In the head lol.)

Mine took 2 business days from interview to being at that dhl location. He did however tell me my sons was there and not mine, then called back 10 minutes later to tell me mine was there (but didn't realize who I was, that was funny in itself). He looked for mine using my last name not any number although he did give me the number to pick it up with.

Call them back and tell them you want some answers and you want them now :devil:

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Timeline

I picked up at the markham location.... Nice guy there although he can be hard to understand and he WILL call you the moment they get it in or at least he did when ours came in (maybe I was special...no wait I know I am special...In the head lol.)

Mine took 2 business days from interview to being at that dhl location. He did however tell me my sons was there and not mine, then called back 10 minutes later to tell me mine was there (but didn't realize who I was, that was funny in itself). He looked for mine using my last name not any number although he did give me the number to pick it up with.

Call them back and tell them you want some answers and you want them now :devil:

GRRR!!! They (647.955.3736) keep telling me to call back again. They told me that what I see at the dhl website using my reference ID is the same as what they see. Sigh... The embassy's closed tomorrow too. I'm hoping they'll mail it today since DHL is open tomorrow.

Oh that's too bad :angry: Well I hope it comes tomorrow and as Devon said call DHL and hope you get a helpful person tomorrow! Sending some positive vibes to DHL for you :energy:

Timeline

Oh that's too bad :angry: Well I hope it comes tomorrow and as Devon said call DHL and hope you get a helpful person tomorrow! Sending some positive vibes to DHL for you :energy:

Aww... I hope so. My boyfriend booked us a flight on the 30th. This whole thing is nerve-wrecking! So, when I call DHL I should give them my reference numbers right?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Aww... I hope so. My boyfriend booked us a flight on the 30th. This whole thing is nerve-wrecking! So, when I call DHL I should give them my reference numbers right?

Tell them that DOS has told you that your visa has been printed and should be at the dhl location but you haven't heard anything from the DHL location and the sites are not showing anything .. It is critical that you get this information as you are worried you will miss your upcoming flight and are becoming extremely scared that this will be the case. Tell them you can give them any information they want. If they will not give you any information ask them what you can do as You have been sitting in limbo and no one seems to be able to answer your questions or concerns.

And that is that lol

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Here's my story FWIW . . .

Interviewed and approved for CR1 in Dec 17.

Trying to track my passport/visa return on www.usvisa-info.com but no updated info there.

Tried calling DHL on the 21st but without a DHL waybill number the operator couldn't seem to help me.

Called the Calgary number on the "Welcome to the USA" letter yesterday (22nd) to see if they had any info . . . they had nothing and said to be patient.

Early this morning (23rd) I called DOS and they were able to tell me that the visa had been issued and printed.

Then called the Calgary number from the "Welcome to the USA" letter again and this time they were able to give me the DHL waybill number (starts with an "S")

With that I could now go to www.dhl.ca and track the shipment . . . early this morning it showed the package had passed through Dorval the previous evening.

Around 11:30 am I got a call form DHL here in Calgary letting me know my passport was ready to be picked up. (At that time the DHL website didn't show that the package was in Calgary yet . . . still the same info as earlier). Went and got my passport.

The www.usvisa-info.com site still doesn't show any kind of update info . . . so I wouldn't count on it for anything.

Timeline

Here's my story FWIW . . .

Interviewed and approved for CR1 in Dec 17.

Trying to track my passport/visa return on www.usvisa-info.com but no updated info there.

Tried calling DHL on the 21st but without a DHL waybill number the operator couldn't seem to help me.

Called the Calgary number on the "Welcome to the USA" letter yesterday (22nd) to see if they had any info . . . they had nothing and said to be patient.

Early this morning (23rd) I called DOS and they were able to tell me that the visa had been issued and printed.

Then called the Calgary number from the "Welcome to the USA" letter again and this time they were able to give me the DHL waybill number (starts with an "S")

With that I could now go to www.dhl.ca and track the shipment . . . early this morning it showed the package had passed through Dorval the previous evening.

Around 11:30 am I got a call form DHL here in Calgary letting me know my passport was ready to be picked up. (At that time the DHL website didn't show that the package was in Calgary yet . . . still the same info as earlier). Went and got my passport.

The www.usvisa-info.com site still doesn't show any kind of update info . . . so I wouldn't count on it for anything.

Ah. I've been calling the same hotline as you and they said there isn't any update yet and that I should check back again later. ARGH! The only thing I could do today is to keep checking the DHL website since DOS and that number that I've been calling are closed as well as the embassy. But i doubt it will come today. They probably haven't mailed it yet. Their next business day is on the 29th, a day before we're supposed to leave. :crying:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.