grumpymcdorky18

mailing I-129F packet

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello VJ peeps, we're done with the forms...yay! I'm ready to mail the docs to my bf so he can send it to USCIS, but I noticed that there's an optional form G-1145. I'm not sure if this is really needed. Based on your experience would you advice us to send this with I-129F packet?

For the photos, I've read some of the topic here it's typically Date, Location and Name needed to be written at the back. My question is how many pictures do you usually include; our photos with me so I have to print it here in the Philippines I'll include it when I send him my other signed docs. We just don't wanna overdo my application if I send like 15 pictures in the packet. How many is the ideal number of photos? Also, who should have the original copies of boarding pass, ticket stubs, etc. I was thinking of sending it to him in the US just in case USCIS will ask for original copies but I'm also afraid that I might need it upon my interview here in Manila.

Lastly, I know this is a very simple plain question but just wanna make sure :) should we staple the forms that go together? Like the "I-129F Supplement of how we've seen each other" Or a big paperclip will do. I really appreciate any advice, I just can't wait to send the docs to my bf so it'll start moving. :yes:

Btw, Happy Holidays to everyone ;)

hello VJ peeps, we're done with the forms...yay! I'm ready to mail the docs to my bf so he can send it to USCIS, but I noticed that there's an optional form G-1145. I'm not sure if this is really needed. Based on your experience would you advice us to send this with I-129F packet?

- yes u may include the g-1145 form for u to know that they received ur packet.. like us honey sent one too, and he received an e-not. from his mobile and e-mail add with our noa1 no.

For the photos, I've read some of the topic here it's typically Date, Location and Name needed to be written at the back. My question is how many pictures do you usually include; our photos with me so I have to print it here in the Philippines I'll include it when I send him my other signed docs. We just don't wanna overdo my application if I send like 15 pictures in the packet. How many is the ideal number of photos? Also, who should have the original copies of boarding pass, ticket stubs, etc. I was thinking of sending it to him in the US just in case USCIS will ask for original copies but I'm also afraid that I might need it upon my interview here in Manila.

- yes u need those orig. copies of receipts so better send only copy of it (xerox), ideal is 20 pcs. of photos or more...

Lastly, I know this is a very simple plain question but just wanna make sure :) should we staple the forms that go together? Like the "I-129F Supplement of how we've seen each other" Or a big paperclip will do. I really appreciate any advice, I just can't wait to send the docs to my bf so it'll start moving. :yes:

- regarding this i forgot to ask from honey hehehe.. so i dont know what he did to our whole packet if he put clips or fastener or put in an envelop hehehe...

Btw, Happy Holidays to everyone ;)

- good luck and merry x-mas too...

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Thumbs up to Godsgift :)

The last question about stapling etc. Apparently the application is taken apart when they receive it to put the necessary documents together how they need them, we just punched two holes at the top of ours and put individual mini "file fasteners" in them to keep the papers together (i read somewhere that punching the top of the pages helps them when they file our applications :)) BUT i might be wrong... so just a big clip should be fine i'm sure...

You should keep all the originals of documents you sending him - they say that you should take originals with you to the interview incase they ask to see them :)

Good luck and Merry Christmas to you too :)

Dustin USA (Petitioner)
Kirsty SA (Beneficiary)

K-1 Journey

7 MONTHS 20 DAYS.. (From Start to Finish)

P.O.E

05.27.2011 - Flying to Michigan
05.28.2011 - P.O.E in New York - had no problems at all smile.png
05.28.2011 - Off to Detroit
07.09.2011 - Our Wedding wub.png

AOS Journey

3 MONTHS 4 DAYS (From Filing AOS to Interview Approval)
3 MONTHS 9 DAYS (From Filing AOS to Receiving GC)

ROC Journey

.. MONTHS .. DAYS (From Filing ROC to Receiving 10 Year GC)

.. MONTHS .. DAYS (From Responding to RFE to Receiving 10 Year GC)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for all the quick replies, really appreciate it. :thumbs: I'm finalizing the evidences now just wanna check here (I have a slight OCD...lol) :lol: and hopefully it won't take too long to send the files to him since Christmas is just few days away. I'll probably send it express mail to avoid delay. Cheers to us and kudos to VJ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.