TheUndreaming

NSO Documents (help?)

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Emigration Requirements

The only reason I ever knew about this because of one of those ads of lawer like people to help speed up the process for rediculous amounts of money... so.. how do we get NSO documentation of our marriage certificate, birth cert (I think she may actually already have an NSO birth cert)? Is there a specific office she has to go to or something? Wife is filipina in the southern part (Mindanao? I think that's the spelling) The guy on the phone suggested she gets her NSO documents before going to Manila so she doesn't make wasted trips, but might still have to stay up there for a week or two while waiting on appointment(s) or something.

Guess I'm asking at the NVC stage after sent to the embassy and she's been notified of an appointment date where she must then get her medical and go up there. I'm already preparing her for I guess the earlier stages of all those boring documents we have to fill out and helping by explaining to her what some of the stuff means, lol. Not that she needs help, but it makes me feel better to continue being active in this and all excited to get my wife over here :P But anyways, so yeah, where and how do we get all the NSO documents for her interview? and what all does she need to get them?

Emigration Requirements

The only reason I ever knew about this because of one of those ads of lawer like people to help speed up the process for rediculous amounts of money... so.. how do we get NSO documentation of our marriage certificate, birth cert (I think she may actually already have an NSO birth cert)? Is there a specific office she has to go to or something? Wife is filipina in the southern part (Mindanao? I think that's the spelling) The guy on the phone suggested she gets her NSO documents before going to Manila so she doesn't make wasted trips, but might still have to stay up there for a week or two while waiting on appointment(s) or something.

Guess I'm asking at the NVC stage after sent to the embassy and she's been notified of an appointment date where she must then get her medical and go up there. I'm already preparing her for I guess the earlier stages of all those boring documents we have to fill out and helping by explaining to her what some of the stuff means, lol. Not that she needs help, but it makes me feel better to continue being active in this and all excited to get my wife over here :P But anyways, so yeah, where and how do we get all the NSO documents for her interview? and what all does she need to get them?

Welcome to VisaJourney!

Your wife can obtain ALL NSO documents (birth, marriage, certificate of no marriage) from the local National Statistics Office.

You can also order the NSO documents online. Of course, it will be more expensive and will take longer than obtaining them in person.

I hope this helps you. Good luck with your journey! :thumbs:

Edited by Markieboy

NATURALIZATION
02/15/13 - Mailed N-400
02/19/13 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox (day 01)
02/21/13 - NOA1 issued (day 03)

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS (WIFE)
02/18/12 - Eligible for Removal of Conditions on Residence
03/23/12 - Mailed I-751 to CSC
03/26/12 - Received by CSC (day 01)
03/31/12 - Received NOA1 (day 06)
05/02/12 - Biometrics done (day 38)
10/23/12 - Received approval email (day 212)
11/01/12 - Received green card (day 221)

IR-2 (STEPDAUGHTER)
06/01/10 - Mailed I-130 petition
06/03/10 - Package delivered to USCIS (day 01)
06/08/10 - NOA1 issued (day 06)
11/03/10 - Received approval email (day 154)
11/08/10 - Received approval notice in mail (day 159)

NATIONAL VISA CENTER (STEPDAUGHTER)
11/08/10 - NVC received case from USCIS
11/09/10 - NVC case # & IIN generated, email addresses given, DS-3032 sent via email & USPS (day 01)
11/16/10 - Received and paid AOS bill (day 08)
11/17/10 - AOS bill marked as PAID; AOS packet express mailed (day 09)
11/19/10 - Received and paid IV bill; DS-3032 accepted (day 11)
11/22/10 - IV bill marked as PAID; IV packet express mailed (day 14)
12/03/10 - Sign-in failed (day 25)
12/09/10 - INTERVIEW SCHEDULED FOR JANUARY 10, 2011 @ 6:45AM
12/28/10 - Medical exam done at SLEC Manila - PASSED! (day 40)
01/10/11 - Interview at USEM Manila - APPROVED! (day 53)
01/21/11 - Stepdaughter received passport with IR-2 visa! (day 64)

Your wife can either order them online through eCensus.com.ph: https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Secure/frmIndex.asp or through NSO Helpline Plus: http://nso.citizenservices.com.ph/

She can do this only if there are no errors on her birth certificate based on date, spelling, etc. If this is her second marriage, she cannot order her marriage certificate online either. Otherwise, she has to go to NSO to order them in person or through an authorized representative (such as a relative or friend, she would have to provide a letter of authorization and a photocopy of any valid IDs with her name and signature).

There are NSO regional offices as well. Here is the link to their directory: http://www.census.gov.ph/data/civilreg/serbilis_centers.html

Emigration Requirements

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Okay one in Davao... that works, thanks ^_^ oh... and as soon as I asked where she can go to do that, her sister and mom popped online, and I asked them lol. Her sister says she already knows where to go to get that (apparently she did get a NSO birth certificate lol) ... well that makes things a bit easier for the later date. Thanks guys/gals ^_^

Emigration Requirements

Your wife needs to go to NSO Davao at J.P. Cabaguio St. Its pretty quick to get the marriage NSO copy and just wait like 20 mins if your marriage license is already forwarded from local civil registrar to NSO. Hope its already available online.

and just wait like 20 mins if your marriage license is already forwarded from local civil registrar to NSO

-Wife said they get the NSO marriage certificate a year later ... I do hope it doesn't take that long, she can just request the NSO certified marriage certificate (and from my understanding of other posts a CENMAR too?)

Think these are the only NSO documents she needs, she already has the NSO birth certificate (unless the other posts are correct too in which the embassy is stingy on the date the certificate was printed and issued......) also I can't find it anymore but there was a thread somewhere on here indicating all the NSO documents and 3 at the end were something to do with the spouse being ready to go into the U.S.? Are these special classes she has to go through to get these certificates, and like her other documents request an NSO copy? because I did hear something about her having to take a class or something... how long does that(those) take? And would she take it anytime when she's getting the NSO documents or when she goes up to Manila for her medical and appointment (before/after)?

-Wife said they get the NSO marriage certificate a year later ... I do hope it doesn't take that long, she can just request the NSO certified marriage certificate (and from my understanding of other posts a CENMAR too?)

Think these are the only NSO documents she needs, she already has the NSO birth certificate (unless the other posts are correct too in which the embassy is stingy on the date the certificate was printed and issued......) also I can't find it anymore but there was a thread somewhere on here indicating all the NSO documents and 3 at the end were something to do with the spouse being ready to go into the U.S.? Are these special classes she has to go through to get these certificates, and like her other documents request an NSO copy? because I did hear something about her having to take a class or something... how long does that(those) take? And would she take it anytime when she's getting the NSO documents or when she goes up to Manila for her medical and appointment (before/after)?

... found it: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Philippines_Specific_Immigration/Emigration_Requirements the CFO Guidance and Counseling?

*bump* No one knows where/how to get CFO documents? Church, civil registrar, NSO? How we get all 3 of those documents *refers to link above*

CFO documents?? she only need to submit a copy of her NBI, BIRTH,and MARRIAGE contract(NSO) PASSPORT AND VISA.. if she doesn't have a passport yet then only the NBI and birth certificate(NSO)...where to go? at PRISM in LRT TAFT (VITO CRUZ)near at BDO.

Edited by mahalia

USCIS:

07/21/2010 - NOA1

02/07/2011 - NOA2 approved! 201 days since NOA1!!!

02/14/2011 - NOA2 HARDCOPY RECEIVED

NVC:

02/15/2011 - NVC case number assigned

02/16/2011 - emailed ds3032 to nvc

02/17/2011 - gave both our email address.

02/18/2011 - DS3032 accepted.

03/15/2011 - AOS & IV paid. both "IN PROCESS"

03/16/2011 - AOS & IV show's "PAID"

03/24/2011 - Mailed AOS & IV pack to nvc

04/13/19/2011 - received an RFE email from NVC about my ds-230 and AOS form =/

04/22/2011 - (ds230 & Aos)Checklist sent to nvc

05/04/2011 - Sign In Failed!!! :)

05/05/2011 - Case Complete! :)

05/16/2011 - Interview Scheduled!

06/09/2011 - Interview date "APPROVED"

MEDICAL:

03/21/2011 - first day

03/22/2011 - medical result: IMMUNIZATION! =) thank god.

POE:

06/17/2011 - Received VISA

06/21/2011 - poe to SF :)yay!

06/21/2013 - 2year green card expiration date!

03/20/2013 - Mailed I-751 overnight express

07/19/2013 - Received RFE

08/19/2013 - RFE Received by CSC

08/22/2013 - GC APPROVED! :)

CFO documents?? she only need to submit a copy of her NBI, BIRTH,and MARRIAGE contract(NSO) PASSPORT AND VISA.. if she doesn't have a passport yet then only the NBI and birth certificate(NSO)...where to go? at PRISM in LRT TAFT (VITO CRUZ)near at BDO.

oh by the way.. bring 800 pesos..lol she will pay for the cfo seminar, registration at CFO main building and sticker...

USCIS:

07/21/2010 - NOA1

02/07/2011 - NOA2 approved! 201 days since NOA1!!!

02/14/2011 - NOA2 HARDCOPY RECEIVED

NVC:

02/15/2011 - NVC case number assigned

02/16/2011 - emailed ds3032 to nvc

02/17/2011 - gave both our email address.

02/18/2011 - DS3032 accepted.

03/15/2011 - AOS & IV paid. both "IN PROCESS"

03/16/2011 - AOS & IV show's "PAID"

03/24/2011 - Mailed AOS & IV pack to nvc

04/13/19/2011 - received an RFE email from NVC about my ds-230 and AOS form =/

04/22/2011 - (ds230 & Aos)Checklist sent to nvc

05/04/2011 - Sign In Failed!!! :)

05/05/2011 - Case Complete! :)

05/16/2011 - Interview Scheduled!

06/09/2011 - Interview date "APPROVED"

MEDICAL:

03/21/2011 - first day

03/22/2011 - medical result: IMMUNIZATION! =) thank god.

POE:

06/17/2011 - Received VISA

06/21/2011 - poe to SF :)yay!

06/21/2013 - 2year green card expiration date!

03/20/2013 - Mailed I-751 overnight express

07/19/2013 - Received RFE

08/19/2013 - RFE Received by CSC

08/22/2013 - GC APPROVED! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.