Silark

Advice needed i missed out on my job because of this

5 posts in this topic

K firstly i am so disappointed I had a nice foot in the door type job lined up and they really wanted me but said because of my situation...no permission to work i didn't get the job :crying: . Here is my situation: i have had something sent to me both to do with my change of status and the permission to work but they were returned as undeliverable even though we have had other stuff from uscis. USCIS say i have to wait 30 days before they can do anything i can see nothing has been updated on the case online part of their website and there are 3 days left before the thrity days are up which inconvienantly takes me to saturday. I have just got off the phone to be told if i don't receive anything by saturday i have to call back and wait another 30 days for whatever this is to be resent.

1. Do i have any recourse over this if i don't get anything within the 1st thirty days?

2. Is there anyway i can find out what it is they sent me?

3.Given that i was sent something regarding my change of status and permission to work and both were returned any ideas whether it would be a request for more info or actually notification that something was sorted out?

I think i may cry if i finally get it and it's permission to work 'cause i would've got my job.

Filed: Timeline

I am sorry you have missed out on a job.... dont bother calling the 0800 infoline..... make an infopass appointment at your local office and get them to sort it out.... they will be able to contact the service center dealing with your EAD and they may be able to tell you what was returned.

Good Luck

Kezzie

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

How long has it been since you sent in the EAD and AOS applications ?

The rules on EAD's are that if its been more than 90 days since you received an NOA for the EAD application, then you can arrange an infopass appointment at your local office to request an interim EAD. The problem you have is you don't physically have an NOA to use as the starting point for this 90 day count.

Did you receive any email updates from the USCIS website that alerted you to the fact that something was being mailed ? If so you could use this date (plus about a week or so) to give you a rough idea of when an NOA *Might* have arrived.

The problems I forsee with an infopass appointment is that without an NOA in hand, they may be unwilling to give you any concrete answers regarding the mythical 90 day count. Also, as you don't have an NOA you probably haven't attended a biometrics appointment. Your EAD won't be approved without this appointment because they need to run your name and fingerprints through the FBI systems before they will approve an EAD application. I guess you could use this fact to get past the thought that you missed on a job because whatever the USCIS sent you went missing. Without biometrics you won't have been approved.

My guess is that the document(s) that have gone missing are the NOA's saying that applications have been received, not notifications that applications have been approved.

Not sure if I've been any help there or not.

Best of luck with everything. You can take a look at my timeline to see how long I had to wait for my EAD !!)

Mark :)

Our Full Timeline From K-1 Application through to Receiving my Green Card

Timeline Summary

11/30/2007 - I-751 Mailed to Nebraska

12/28/2007 - NOA Received (application has been forwarded to California)

01/09/2008 - Biometrics taken in St. Louis

03/27/2008 - I-751 Approved, 10 Yr Greencard in the mail !!

12/20/2016 - N-400 mailed to Phoenix lockbox

01/17/2017 - NOA Received

01/25/2017 - Attended biometrics in St. Louis

09/29/2017 - Received I-797C notice dated 09/27/17.  Interview Scheduled for November 6th @ 8am

11/06/2017 - N400 interview in St. Louis.  Approved !!:jest:

02/05/2018 - Notice of Oath Ceremony date received.  March 1st, 2018 @ 8.30am

"Though miles once lay between us, we were never far apart, for true love doesn't count the miles, it's measured by the heart"

Check out our website - "Our Journey Together"

View Our Online Photo Albums - "Mark and Debs' Webshots Albums"

Ok thanks to both of you for you help. It does make me feel a little better knowing i needed the biometrics done before i would be authorised to work. Am I right in thinking an NOA is the paperwork confirming receipt of the application? I have checked the reference section for what NOA means and if this is correct I have two NOAs one for the change of status and one for the permission to work. My question is do you think that the paperwork that was returned to USCIS as undeliverable was an appointment for the biometrics possibly? I have checked the dates also and the acual filing date is 22nd of June so i guess i still have around 28 days before the 90 days timeline is up.

Thanks again for your help

The returned letter could have been anything. My advice:

1. Make an infopass appointment to find out what they sent you.

2. Make sure your name is on your mailbox so stuff doesn't get returned to USCIS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.