Heather Rae

worth the few cedis to get it so not to be delayed any more!

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Seen this posted when I was looking for questions for interview for CR1 in Ghana... Just wondering are people paying a few more cedis so things won't be delayed any more!!!! Read it in a post that was posted in the middle of Nov 2010 So I wonder is there a way to get your interview sooner by paying more cedis to evidently to the right people....it seems...

Big Questions is it possible??????

Timeline

She said a post here- i dont remember seeing anything about bribary on here

For starters they don't call it bribery and it is the suttle things people have said and really don't want to narrow it down to anyone... everyone approaches things in different ways to get what they want. I totally understand if they have found a way and good for them if it all works out for them.. Just wishing someone would figure out what truly is going on. Cause this embassy is the only one in the world taking so long. There got to be some kind of explanation other than what is being said. People call NVC every month for over a year and don't even get an interview scheduled but others are breezing right though the whole process. I find that there is some kind of something going on. Everyone says they are worried about marriage fraud with the CR-1/IR-1 but I don't think there is any more fraud in the married couples than they can possibly be in the couples engaged....Fraud works in both aspects.... so why single out the married couples.... I also find it hard to believe NVC doesn't know nothing..... since our government knows everything about all things.. If they can find out a small package on a plane has a bomb in it and it has made it through customs already to the plane and to another country even then YOU KNOW THEY KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON AT THEIR OWN EMBASSIES AROUND THE WORLD INCLUDING GHANA. THERE FORE THEY KNOW WHY PEOPLE ARENT GETTING INTERVIEWS IN GHANA

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I said at one point getting another police report was worth the cedis to not cause delay if it was old one they had- not sure if that is what you are talking about- but that had nothing to do with getting an inteview, they had already recieved their interview.

Just try to be patient we have all gone through the wait or are going thru it- our work to getting attention to the work at ghana went to deaf ears and it seems that nothing will ever change- so we just must wait and keep faith that we will one day be back with out love.

Timeline

Really not talking about my wait cause my wait is just getting started after all the papers are filed and approved..... But really feeling for all those that have been waiting a year or longer and still have heard nothing of an interview...that will be 6 months out once they do hear of a date. Just think it is really unfair to make all these married couples wait year or longer and still not hear and all the K-1 can get it done in less than a year.... THERE IS JUST AS MUCH FRAUD IN THOSE CASES IF NOT MORE THAN IN THE ONES WITH MARRIED COUPLES.. THAT IS THE BIG THING NO ONE SEEMS TO BE LOOKING AT........ALL THE K-1 ARE NOT EVEN BEING CONSIDERED FOR FRAUD CASES AND I KNOW THERE ARE FRAUD CASES THERE AS WELL. WHY SHOULD A FINACEE VISA GO THROUGH BEFORE A SPOUSAL VISA BOTH WILL BE COME THE SAME STIPULATIONS... AND CAN BE THE SAME SOURCE OF FRAUD.... SO IT IS THE EMBASSY EVIDENTALLY THAT IS BEING UNFAIR TO THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE MARRIED COMPARED TO THOSE WHO HAVE NOT MARRIED YET...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Heather,

Even though I'm a K-1 applicant, I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU!!! I really HATE what is happening to the CR-1 cases and I think it is VERY unfair! Before July, I didnt know anything about the visa process. My fiance and I were thinking to get married, but decieded to take more time and not rush it. I thought that if we got married the process would be alot quicker and he would be here with me ASAP! I was soooo SHOCKED when I found out the fiance visa is quicker than the spousal one. IT MAKES NO SENSE! There is alot of stuff in the immigration process that is nonsense. I think it is rather unfortunate that FAMILIES are being kept a part! I have read of so many cases were a military member dies in combat, but the mother of their child can't raise the child here in the U.S.??? WHAT?!?! There definately needs to be some policiy changes. If I were a CR-1, I would be writing everyone in government I could think of AND contacting the media. That seems to be the best way to get attention to something in the U.S. Contacting the newspaper, newstation, Congressmen, Senator, Mayor. I think more people need to be aware. Also, I've been wondering who you can complain to above your congressman? I'm sure there is someone... And I hear there is an Ombudsman for USCIS? I would just not give up and I dont think anyone should just quietly wait. If so, nothing will ever change. If Martin Luther King was quiet, where would we be? Some people are always annoyed by me because I fight or do whatever it takes to get the things done. The loudest complaints get the most attention. I think this is VERY much something worth fighting for!

Timeline

Heather,

Even though I'm a K-1 applicant, I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU!!! I really HATE what is happening to the CR-1 cases and I think it is VERY unfair! Before July, I didnt know anything about the visa process. My fiance and I were thinking to get married, but decieded to take more time and not rush it. I thought that if we got married the process would be alot quicker and he would be here with me ASAP! I was soooo SHOCKED when I found out the fiance visa is quicker than the spousal one. IT MAKES NO SENSE! There is alot of stuff in the immigration process that is nonsense. I think it is rather unfortunate that FAMILIES are being kept a part! I have read of so many cases were a military member dies in combat, but the mother of their child can't raise the child here in the U.S.??? WHAT?!?! There definately needs to be some policiy changes. If I were a CR-1, I would be writing everyone in government I could think of AND contacting the media. That seems to be the best way to get attention to something in the U.S. Contacting the newspaper, newstation, Congressmen, Senator, Mayor. I think more people need to be aware. Also, I've been wondering who you can complain to above your congressman? I'm sure there is someone... And I hear there is an Ombudsman for USCIS? I would just not give up and I dont think anyone should just quietly wait. If so, nothing will ever change. If Martin Luther King was quiet, where would we be? Some people are always annoyed by me because I fight or do whatever it takes to get the things done. The loudest complaints get the most attention. I think this is VERY much something worth fighting for!

Thanks sounds like we feel the same. I don't have any problem with K-1 people but I just think the whole process is not fair to the CR-1 and I haven't even made it to the point I'm waiting for interview.. Almost there but not quite but have friends that are waiting and have been waiting and no matter how many times the call no one can ever tell them any answers... There is always an answer to a question... Thanks for your support in this issue I think alot of people think I just don't like K-1 applicants but that has nothing to do with it at all!!!!! Just don't like the advice some give "just wait patiently" when they are getting what they want and getting the interviews. If you were really in the place of one of the CR-1 applicants that have been waiting and hearing nothing and it has been almost a year or longer you wouldn't feel like waiting patiently and neither do they. But getting the help to get something done is the problem. I love my husband dearly and hate being apart but I go and see my husband more often than a friend of mine can and she might see her husband 1 time a year and they are approaching they 2nd anniversary and so far next month been waiting on interview for a year and no news................and no one can tell her nothing. THERE ARE ANSWERS THAT THEY JUST AREN'T GIVING THESE PEOPLE.... AND IT ISN'T FAIR. AND WHY ONLY GHANA GOING THROUGH THIS.. THERE ARE MANY AFRICAN COUNTRIES AND HAVEN'T SEEN PEOPLE GO THROUGH WHAT IS GOING ON IN GHANA WITH THE CR-1 INTERVIEWS... AND EVERYONE USES THE FRAUD "CARD" WELL THERE CAN BE AND I'M SURE ARE MANY CASES OF FRAUD IN THE K-1 AS WELL AS THE CR-1.... SO WHY PUNISH ONE GROUP AND MOVE THE OTHERS THROUGH AS FAST AS THEY CAN. I AM TRYING TO STAND FOR THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN WAITING LONG AND PRETTY SOON MY CASE IS WAITING INLINE AS WELL. I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO JUST SIT HERE AND WAIT A COUPLE OF YEARS BEFORE THEY DECIDE TO INTERVIEW MY HUSBAND. I WILL DO WHATEVER I CAN ......AND YOU ARE SO RIGHT ABOUT CONTACTING EVERYONE AND ANYONE YOU CAN.. THANKS AGAIN YOU SEEM TO BE THE ONLY ONE SEEING THINGS QUITE THE WAY I DO...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

"getting another police report is worth the cedis to not cause delay" was an advisory comment made in line with a police report that was submitted about 13 months ago during our NVC processing.

midge.mij made a suggestion that a few cedis should be sacrificed to get a new police report to avoid any possible delay since the one submitted has been over a year; it has nothing to do with acquisition of interview date. If I remember correctly, my post enumerated how we obtained interview date and there was no mentioning of paying some money or anything in that context. We’re all aware of how frustrating it is to wait for a year or more to obtain a visa interview, and we make sure to post whatever information we consider important to act as a guide to action for others. I understand the frustrations of being separated from our spouses and/or fiancés/fiancées, but we should be careful with our choice of words and manner of expressions so that we don’t end up hurting one another. We’re ONE BIG FAMILY now trying to help one another in any capacity we deem possible.

I am the beneficiary. Our case was completed at NVC in November 2009. After every attempt to obtain expedited process failed, my wife called a local news people who came over to interview her on our case. When they came over, I was on phone with my wife and our 22 months son. A few weeks after the news was aired, we were scheduled. As to how it happened is still a mystery, but I am certain the news about our case has a bearing on getting a date as nothing explains how one could be scheduled during the first week of the month. Interviews are scheduled second week of each month but ours was on November 4. We’re also prayerful and I think we must not loose sight of prayer! Prayer changes everything! We can obtain direction as to what to do at a certain point in time through prayer as we position ourselves to hear Him (God) speak! My wife felt God was leading her to talk to the news people, and we obtained our miracle in the process.

I posted a suggestion that those that have been waiting for a year should contact their local news station or any media house. I’m sure that when news about what’s going on here is aired consistently from many different angles, something will be done about the situation to help those that are going through the process. Every advice is meant to ensure people do not go through what we’ve gone through. Let us fight to build what we’ve started and not fight to destroy. Antagonism will not help any of us; neither will it advance our mutual interest of having a speedy scheduling once case is completed at the NVC. After all, it’s not the fault of any of us that this delay is going on in Ghana. Why should we fight over a situation we didn’t creat!

Praying for you all.

God bless us all!

Marriage (if applicable): 2007-09-08

I-130 sent: 2008-08-05

I-130 approved: 2009-04-08

Case Completed at NVC: 2009-04-08

IR-1 Visa Received: 2011-01-21

US Entry: 2011-01-29

SS card received: 02-26-2011

10 years GC Received: 03/10/2011

Citizenship eligibility Criteria: 3 years

10-31-2013: Eligibility Date

02-07-2014: Application Sent

02-11-2014: Application Received

02-11-2014: Priority Date

02-18-2014: NOA Received

02-20-2014: Bio-metric Letter sent Date

03-11-2014: Bio-metric Date

03-13-2014: In-line for Interview

04-10-2014: Interview Letter Sent Date

05-20-2014: Interview Date

06-19-2014: Oath Ceremony

06-21-2014: Applied for U.S passport Book (expedite-$60)

06-23-2014: Passport Application received

06-26-2014: Passport Completed processing and mailed

06-27-2014: Passport Received

Timeline

"getting another police report is worth the cedis to not cause delay" was an advisory comment made in line with a police report that was submitted about 13 months ago during our NVC processing.

midge.mij made a suggestion that a few cedis should be sacrificed to get a new police report to avoid any possible delay since the one submitted has been over a year; it has nothing to do with acquisition of interview date. If I remember correctly, my post enumerated how we obtained interview date and there was no mentioning of paying some money or anything in that context. We're all aware of how frustrating it is to wait for a year or more to obtain a visa interview, and we make sure to post whatever information we consider important to act as a guide to action for others. I understand the frustrations of being separated from our spouses and/or fiancés/fiancées, but we should be careful with our choice of words and manner of expressions so that we don't end up hurting one another. We're ONE BIG FAMILY now trying to help one another in any capacity we deem possible.

I am the beneficiary. Our case was completed at NVC in November 2009. After every attempt to obtain expedited process failed, my wife called a local news people who came over to interview her on our case. When they came over, I was on phone with my wife and our 22 months son. A few weeks after the news was aired, we were scheduled. As to how it happened is still a mystery, but I am certain the news about our case has a bearing on getting a date as nothing explains how one could be scheduled during the first week of the month. Interviews are scheduled second week of each month but ours was on November 4. We're also prayerful and I think we must not loose sight of prayer! Prayer changes everything! We can obtain direction as to what to do at a certain point in time through prayer as we position ourselves to hear Him (God) speak! My wife felt God was leading her to talk to the news people, and we obtained our miracle in the process.

I posted a suggestion that those that have been waiting for a year should contact their local news station or any media house. I'm sure that when news about what's going on here is aired consistently from many different angles, something will be done about the situation to help those that are going through the process. Every advice is meant to ensure people do not go through what we've gone through. Let us fight to build what we've started and not fight to destroy. Antagonism will not help any of us; neither will it advance our mutual interest of having a speedy scheduling once case is completed at the NVC. After all, it's not the fault of any of us that this delay is going on in Ghana. Why should we fight over a situation we didn't creat!

Praying for you all.

God bless us all!

First I'm sorry if anyone was offended. the post wasnt to antagonize anyone or hurt anyone. There is just a great injustice being done. I have been to Ghana and I have a husband there but I haven't begun my wait as of yet... But I have friends that have been waiting a long time and there is no interview in sight for them. I know that things are done in Ghana different than here. I have seen and heard many times people pay others for special favors to get things done quickly. That was the main comment to be made here if it is happening., and most of the time it is in private that it happens . Just wanted to open some eyes to things and realize you can't really just sit and patiently wait...you have to keep pushing and PRAYING and asking questions and get answers. Everyone assumes that it is fraud issues keeping CR-1/IR-1 interviews waiting, but my point is if it is fraud, then it should be holding up all interviews for spouses or fiancee's. Cause the only difference is a marriage license. Fraud can and is protrayed in both types of visa's ......Yet the K-1 is moving along.... and the CR-1 are at a stand still..... doesn't make much since. I know when it is my turn to start the wait I will be pushing and asking and doing whatever possible to get an interview for my husband as soon as possible. It may take a year but I won't sit quietly or patiently. And you are so right about PRAYER it does change things and everyone circumstance is different. I would never wish anyone any ill will and I always pray for each and everyone here to get their loved one here. Everyone here is in my prayers and thoughts daily as I see the struggle and feel the pain of the separation from my husband as well and know that we all are united through this pain. Again there was no harm meant.....God Bless Everyone and they loved ones.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Since the embassy is run by americans I dont believe there is a way to pay off to get an interview- i might be wrong- but no one will be admitting to it.

You also have to remember that K-1s and CR-1s are in different catagories. K-1 is considered non-immigrant because its pends your AOS when you get here. CR-1 is immigrant the number of these visas are more limited. There are people waiting for children/parents that have an even longer (sometimes 10 years!) wait then spouses. I know that prob doesnt make the wait better-

I have sent letters to many people- got no response- let me know if you have someone you want a letter sent to- all i have to do is print and mail!

I agree- fraud can be in any type of visa- and it doesnt make much sense why we are not seeing CR-1s scheduled- also remember that we prob have a very SMALL precentage of applicants on this site- we do not have every person applying- there might be many interviews scheduled that we do not know about.

Timeline

Seen this posted when I was looking for questions for interview for CR1 in Ghana... Just wondering are people paying a few more cedis so things won't be delayed any more!!!! Read it in a post that was posted in the middle of Nov 2010 So I wonder is there a way to get your interview sooner by paying more cedis to evidently to the right people....it seems...

Big Questions is it possible??????

nah my case was at nvc for 1yr

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.