AFQuaid

Anybody know anything about the medical

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I realise there is a medical later on in the k-1 process. I am incredibly worried about the fact I have two medical conditions. A muscle wasting disorder which makes me wheelchair dependant (genetic not infectious what so ever) and I am chronically asthmatic. The muscle wasting disorder is progressive (worsens with time). I have already contacted california social services and I have a number to call if my visa is approved to recieve emergency disability benefits for 2 years till I have to change status and then I can apply for the full amount.

Has anybody gone to this medical with a medical condition and been turned away because of it? I have done ALOT of reading online and can find no mention of any k-1 visa stories with people with medical conditions. I realise you have to have a chest x-ray. Will asthma show on this? I realise they are looking for signs of TB but I was just wondering. Also I realise their is a blood test involved, I take steriod inhalers so this would be found in my blood yes?

We keep trying to be positive, surely they cannot turn us away because I have a medical condition. Thats disability discrimination. But on the other hand they can argue back I'll be a burden to the system.

Anybody at all got any information?

Love hurts

When you live an ocean away

When you change your sleep schedule to catch a few more moments

When you really need to be held and you have to imagine whilst your partner describes it

When you constantly refresh the USCIS website to see if you're getting any closer

Love Loves

When it repays you with the love of your life

When God finally answered your biggest prayer

When you can live life again in the real world but still have that eternal connection

When you wake up for to the beginning of the rest of your life with the person you fought so hard for

When you love somebody that much

You'll do anything

What are “medical grounds of inadmissibility”?

“Medical grounds of inadmissibility” is a term used when an applicant has a health condition which is a public health concern to the United States. Under the U.S. immigration laws, the medical grounds of inadmissibility are divided into four categories:

*communicable disease of public health significance;

*lack of required vaccinations (for immigrant visa applicants only);

*physical or mental disorders with harmful behavior; and

*drug abuse/drug addiction.

Are all physical or mental disorders considered “medically-related grounds of ineligibility”?

No. The Civil Surgeon or Panel Physician must determine that there is no harmful behavior associated with the disorder in question. If you have a history of a physical or a mental disorder, there must be a harmful behavior that is likely to recur in order for it to make you ineligible. If your condition has no associated harmful behavior, then you can proceed with your application process.

(source)

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Music___Lennon___Imagine_by_jjjean6.png

Faith: not wanting to know what is true.~Nietzsche~

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

~Winston Churchill~

text___just_be_animated_colour_by_j.gif

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

• 5 years later...

I think with the blood test they are checking for siphillys (sp?) so I doubt they'd spot steroid inhalers or if they did, not pass you based on those grounds. I doubt that asthma would show up on an x-ray but thats also not a reason to be denied.

Are you allowed to claim disability benefits though, or would that count as being a public charge? I thought all intending immigrants have to be soley supported by their petitioners' finances and not claim money from the state?

TIMELINE

2 0 1 1

3rd Feb - 129f Sent

10th Feb - NOA1

16th May - NOA2

8th August - Interview in London. APPROVED!

29th August - POE at SFO

7th Oct - Married

10th Oct - AOS Filed

17th Oct - NOA Letter(s)

20th Oct - Biometrics Letter (for 14th Nov)

28th Oct - Biometrics (walk-in)

2 0 1 2

3 Jan - Service Request Put In

13 Jan - EAD Approved

17 Jan - Interview Notice Received

24 Jan - EAD in hand

16 Feb - Interview Date. APPROVED!

2 0 1 3 / 2 0 1 4

21 Nov - ROC Filed

2 Dec - NOA

6 Jan - Biometrics (walk-in)

15 May - Card Ordered / Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.