MrandMrsE

how quick to get passport returned after interview"

5 posts in this topic

I heard its possible that the US embassy in the UK can return your passport on the interview day if you are willing to wait....any thoughts??

Edited by MrandMrsE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Nope... No way...

We had a very swift interview and no problems with paperwork and we got our passport/visa in a month and 2 days...

they dont work fast... and you can't expedite it..

Sorry...

I wish i could have gotten it back the same day...

Wow, I've never heard anyone have to wait as long as phlpro30 did!

My visa was issued the following day and given to the courier, who delivered it the following business day. (Which happened to be after the weekend.) So they can issue visas very quickly, but I have never heard of them issuing them on the same day.

However, no harm in asking once they've approved you!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I did an interview in the US embassy in London in October 2010 for me and my family members under the DV 2011

programme. I did my medical exam on 5 days in advance but the results were

not sent to the embassy prior to the interview date. I was given 221g

sheet asking to provide bank statements alongside with the passports

and send them to the embassy via the courier untill the embassy

recieve my medical exam results.

I did so and sent my passports and some bank statements as required and was advised by knightsbridge doctors that my results were sent to the embassy.

I haven't hear from the embassy since then and i contacted the embassy's telephone operated system but no one was able to help they gave me a quote to email the embassy but in vain no body even answered.

its more than a month now???

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.