Time Tested

If You or Someone You Know Have Experience this...

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My husband and I have been waiting for his visa to be deliver from the Embassy in Kingston. It was approved on 9/16/10. It has been two months of waiting and no information from anybody. I wrote my Congressman who emailed me the letter the Kingston Embassy sent to him; stating that our case was going through adminstrative processing. The congressman said that it is normal these days for that to happen due to the need to do all of the security and name checks. He also explained that this is not a adminstrative review, where the Embassy has oustanding questions surrounding the validity of the union. We have been married for 4 years, so you can only imagine how upsetting this delay is to us. If you or someone you know has experienced this situation, please share. How long does this take? Did they inform you of this after your interview? What was your experience?

You Fancy Huh?

I've personally never heard of this happening, expecially after they have already approved your application. The nerve! I'm interested in learning of any expreiences a such and the turnout. I pray there isnt anything wrong with the validity of the approval and more just their excuse for taking their sweet time (I know that doesn't sound much better :( ).

Consider this a bump... so that hopefully more responses will come. **BUMP**

Be Sober, Be Vigilant!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

sorry this is happening to you

my husbands visa was "on hold" for about a month

they called him on a saturday and told him he had to be at the embassy in kingston the next monday to have his fingerprints retaken

after they re-took his fingerprints it took about a week for the visa to be delivered to MoBay

i hope for a speedy delivery of his visa

:blush:

Timeline

sorry this is happening to you

my husbands visa was "on hold" for about a month

they called him on a saturday and told him he had to be at the embassy in kingston the next monday to have his fingerprints retaken

after they re-took his fingerprints it took about a week for the visa to be delivered to MoBay

i hope for a speedy delivery of his visa

:blush:

Thanks for sharing!Around what month did this take place?

You Fancy Huh?

Timeline

I spoke with the DoS on Wednesday about my husband's case. The respresentative told me that it is still in adminstrative processing and that visa will be definetly sent out to the courier upon completetion. I asked, "how much longer would it be" I then said, "it will probably be sometime next year." She replied, "it will probably be sooner than you think." We shall see! We can only pray and wait.

You Fancy Huh?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

i think around august of 09

any news?!??!?!

I know our case is in a different country, but this happens a lot... both the AP and telling someone they are approved and then doing this.

We were told at our interview on Aug 24 that it would be in mandatory AP. Don't count on much info from DOS or the embassy. This is day 96 for us. In an email our embassy said it usually takes 3 months, but they also told my senator 5 months. It is very hard to say... but good luck!

Timeline

I know our case is in a different country, but this happens a lot... both the AP and telling someone they are approved and then doing this.

We were told at our interview on Aug 24 that it would be in mandatory AP. Don't count on much info from DOS or the embassy. This is day 96 for us. In an email our embassy said it usually takes 3 months, but they also told my senator 5 months. It is very hard to say... but good luck!

What is your status now? Are you still waiting?

You Fancy Huh?

Timeline

Any updates?

You Fancy Huh?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.