James and Cynthia

Police Clearance from Brunei

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Could the information posted at travel.state.gov be out of date for getting police clearance from Brunei. The info is posted here http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_4881.html?cid=3522#docs

My fiancee thought it might be quicker and easier to go to the Brunei Embassy in Philippines rather than mail a request to Brunei because she knew she would be moving from Taiwan back to Philippines within a month. When she went to the embassy in Philippines, they gave her a different list of requirements. These requirements include new things like an application, passport type photo, and photo copy of request from US embassy. The requirements they gave her are attached.

post-78899-0-70730200-1289807243_thumb.jpg

The first two new requirements sound easy, but how do I get a request letter from the US embassy? I hope we don't have to wait for NOA2 on my fiancee's K1-Visa process. I'm afraid things will be delayed if we do that. Could it be that the Brunei Embassy in Philippines has different requirements than simply mailing directly to Brunei as shown on travel.state.gov?

-James

Edited by James and Cynthia

James and Cynthia

08-22-2008 - Met my wonderful wife in the Philippines.
03-21-2010 - I proposed to her in the Philippines.
09-07-2010 - I-129F filed for K-1 Visa.
09-12-2010 - NOA1 confirmation email received.
11-02-2010 - I visitied the Philippines again.

02-07-2011 - NOA2 email recieved. Approved.
03-22-2011 - Case at USEM.

04-15-2011 - Interview Date. She passed.
05-01-2011 - POE

06-25-2011 - We were married.

-Life has been great ever since.

Police Records

Police certificates can be obtained in Brunei within approximately two weeks. When requesting a police clearance certificate, an applicant must submit the following:

Photocopy of his/her current passport.

Photocopy of his/her Brunei identity card, if available.

Evidence of the duration of the applicant's residency in Brunei.

Fee of fifty Brunei dollars.

The above items should be sent to:

The Commissioner

Royal Brunei Police Force

Gadong Headquarters

Bandar Seri Begawan

Attn: Awg Mohammad Abdullah - Translator

If the applicant lives outside of Brunei, a request for a police certificate, along with the required passport and identity card photocopies, may be sent to the Embassy by courier service.

Brunei criminal records are permanently stored in the police computer archives. The records are indexed by family name and identity card numbers

Timeline

Police Records

Police certificates can be obtained in Brunei within approximately two weeks. When requesting a police clearance certificate, an applicant must submit the following:

The Commissioner

Gadong Headquarters

Bandar Seri Begawan

If the applicant lives outside of Brunei, a request for a police certificate, along with the required passport and identity card photocopies, may be sent to the Embassy by courier service.

Brunei criminal records are permanently stored in the police computer archives. The records are indexed by family name and identity card numbers

This is the same information that I said I obtained in the link I posted. Why does this not match what the Brunei Embassy in Philippines wants? Maybe it is not up to date. How do I get request from US emabassy in the list of requirements the embassy in the Philippines gave us?

-James

Police Records

The Commissioner

Gadong Headquarters

Bandar Seri Begawan

This is the same information that I said I obtained in the link I posted. Why does this not match what the Brunei Embassy in Philippines wants? Maybe it is not up to date. How do I get request from US emabassy in the list of requirements the embassy in the Philippines gave us?

-James

James and Cynthia

05-01-2011 - POE

• 2 years later...
Filed: Timeline

-James

-James

I know this is an old post, but my fiancee went to the Brunei embassy in Calgary today and they said it would be $40. and a 3 to 4 month wait! I really hope what they told her is wrong, and the http://travel.state.gov info of 2 weeks is right!

Timeline

I know this is an old post, but my fiancee went to the Brunei embassy in Calgary today and they said it would be $40. and a 3 to 4 month wait! I really hope what they told her is wrong, and the http://travel.state.gov info of 2 weeks is right!

Wow. Three to four months? Mabye your fiancee can have the interview without it.

In order for my fiancee to get her police clearance from Brunei, she had to get a request letter from the US embassy in Manila that it was needed. To get this, she had to wait for her case to get from the NVC to the embassy. They would not give her a request letter until the case was already there. Once the case arrived, she received her request letter from the US embassy and gave everything that was needed to the Brunei embassy. We went ahead and scheduled her interview, hoping the police clearance would come in time. When she went to the interview, she still hadn't received the police clearance. She showed them that she had requested it, but just hadn't received it yet. They passed her without it. The funning thing is, when she got home that day, the police clearance had just arrived.

-James

James and Cynthia

05-01-2011 - POE

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Hi James and Cynthia,

I just want to asked my fiance's just sent a request letter from Brunei embassy in manila ( april 15, 2013 ) she is done with her interview and she only need that to process her visa, how many weeks it will take an how much is the fee? how is the way of payment or Brunei Embassy will send a letter to my fiance for confirmation of her request and have Instruction how to pay?

Thank You and God Bless

brian

Edited by brian and cris

Timeline

Hi Again james and cynthia, Is your wife also that time asked to send that police clearance in the USEM together her passport but she don't need to go back to USEM she asked to send it by courier, because my fiancee have that Instruction just making sure.

Thank You Soo Much.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.