5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi again,

So my wife and i (Petitioner) applied for AOS, she's done with her Biometric Exam now comes the interview. We receive a mail for an "initiaL interview"... HOW MANY INTERVIEWS ARE THERE!?

And also we have a lawyer (who we really not ask info to) who submitted all our stuff, so pretty much all we need on the interview are joint stuff. FOR THIS INITIAL INTERVIEW DOES THE LAWYER NEED TO COME WITH?

AN IF YOU GET AN INTERVIEW BEFORE THE EAD APPROVAL COMES, DOES IT MEAN THAT THE EAD GOT APPROVE? or thats two different things?

THANKS SO MUCH

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

From what I understand, there is generally only one interview. However, USCIS can always request a follow up interview if they think your case is lacking for some reason. But everyone that I know personally who has filed AOS has only ever had one interview.

As for the lawyer having to come with you, it is not necessary but if you paid him for his services you might as well bring him. Most people on VJ complete the AOS process without the help of a lawyer, myself included. However, I did "shop around" and attended a few different free consultations with lawyers and their fees all included appearing at the interview.

The EAD is your authorization to work while your AOS is pending. If you happen to receive your GC before your EAD arrives, that is even better as your GC includes authorization to work.

Timeline

thank you

Sometimes I think it's better if we just go ourselves, presence of a lawyer makes me anxious like r we hiding something.. hahaha...

I hope everything goes well..

and i've noticed they're within the timeline for processing. 3 months so they say..

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Sometimes I think it's better if we just go ourselves, presence of a lawyer makes me anxious like r we hiding something.. hahaha...

I don't think having a lawyer present give a bad impression at all. LOTS of people go through AOS with lawyers, just not on VJ.

But you did bring up a good point about hiding something. Not that you are hiding anything, but be sure your case is pretty cut & dry. If there's any doubt or anything beyond a minor infraction, I'd lawyer up. Remember, your lawyer does this for a living and he's been through hundreds of interviews.

Timeline

Hi,

If someone could help me with this... Our interview is coming up and i am so anxious.

So my wife came here 2007 with a visiting visa, 2 weeks in the US, a friend of her aunt's calls her asking if she would want to work for her and will petition her for H1B visa. My wife came and met with them, volunteered in the facility while the her papers are taken care of. Couple of months came, her papers are still in the process of being put together and here i come inquiring to live in the facility where she's at. I was diagnosed with Diabetes, very new to me, got my sugar way up to 1000 first few weeks, my sister can't take care of me since she just had a baby. I moved in the facility, I see my wifey to be every now and then, became friends, hang out and so fort. Introduce her to my family as bf/gf's. After awhile she found out that the "friend" who's supposed to petition her - can't petition anyone. my wifey to be already paid the lawyer and did the nine whole yards. I proposed to her to get married because i am getting ready to stand on my feet again and i want to be with her. Although it's like she's taking care of me. Eloped, got married ate pizza and had beer. LOL. ANyway, she left to go take care of an old lady up north for couple of months. SHe visits at least twice a month. AFter that I left the facility and rented a room for us. Family and friends were helping/ lending a hand to take care of financial matters. We also have a co-sponsor for AOS. Now we've been married for 2 years and 5 months and our interview is coming up. Is there any violations with what she did before we got married? I don't want to make any mistake during the interview since I know this would change everything for us... For the better i hope.

I spoke with the lawyer earlier, He's asking if we have anything in joint. We only have a bank account.

Proof of bonafide marriage... marriage certificate, letters from relatives, photos. call logs.

Anyone with the same experience, Please care to share...

Immigration Officers would ask if she worked.

How we met

Financial stuff..

Thank You

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.