rica30

K-1 case status

29 posts in this topic

One last thing... Why does it say that they received on November 5, 2010, the l-1296 PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) when we filed it last September?

Neng, try to check it with the uscis if they really received your case on that date, cos i was just thinking, that's two months tardy already from the date you have filed it which is September, it might be just a typographical error on their part or it could also be that there was a delay on the transmission of your petition to the uscis, in any case it is best to call them to confirm it, sayang din ang two months of waiting noh?! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I instructed my fiance though, to call the uscis at the end of the month just to check what's going on with our case because i fear that it's just sitting on shelf for quite sometime now.

pretty close to accurate actually

Yes. It could take many months or even years. Then you could still be denied (most likely) I would like to know the religion that does not allow fiancees to MEET IN PERSON prior to getting married, and you need to establish that it is "strict and long established" and that you adhere to that policy in your life.

It is required that the petitioner of a K-1 prove they can support their fiancee financially. How can they do that if it is a hardship to meet?

Much easier, faster and cheaper to just meet each other.

If you expect to see any light soon, someone is going to have to be honest with you. I suggest you look to Anton for that.

Hello Gary and Alla! Anton did not lie about when he filed the fiance visa, he showed me the NOA1, it said received date September 16, 2010. But when we check online (USCIS Home Page) it would show they received it Novemeber 5, 2010. So Anton called and they told us we got moved, they didn't specifically use the word "slot" -I'm sorry about that. But yeah, they said we got moved. =| Now i'm asking Anton to call again to ask if we should be expecting another NOA1 with new received date or are we already on our way to getting an NOA2.

Hello!! =) haha nakakatuwa naman reply mo, thanks. masyado kasing serious dito it's a breath of fresh air to get to read your reply. thanks again. oo nga super patient talaga lalo na i'm pregnant! it's really hard to do the pregnancy w/o your partner literally beside you. buti nalang, he's working real hard just to support us and his pay is good. this is our decision rin kasi. we didn't want our parents to support us financially. tho they are there also for us. we're blessed nga in this situation yung process lang talaga of waiting for the visa! =| Anyway, good luck on your case!! 4 months? when did you guys file like august? kahit ata september ka nag file this year, wala parin noa2. may nabasa ako somewhere na post ng sept 2010 filers wala pa nakakakuha ng noa2. oh well. =|

pretty close to accurate actually

yeah, that's what i really feel if the uscis is even working on it on those "idle" months, i mean checking the background of the applicant/petitioner would mainly consists of checking the criminal history, marital status, determining the legitimacy of the relationship,etc. i think it can be done in two months or so if they are really working on it but i just don't get it what's taking them too long unless of course it's an exceptional case then i would understand. Oh well, can't really do anything about it other than getting pissed. I just hope to received the good news this Christmas. :)

Timeline

yeah, that's what i really feel if the uscis is even working on it on those "idle" months, i mean checking the background of the applicant/petitioner would mainly consists of checking the criminal history, marital status, determining the legitimacy of the relationship,etc. i think it can be done in two months or so if they are really working on it but i just don't get it what's taking them too long unless of course it's an exceptional case then i would understand. Oh well, can't really do anything about it other than getting pissed. I just hope to received the good news this Christmas. :)

i had a uscis employee tell me that our files literally sit in a huge warehouse in boxes for most of the time they have them and they usually approve them within a week of them actually hitting their desk, and that's the one thing i've had one of them tell me that i actually believe 100%. my company runs background checks on any new hires and has it done in less than 48 hours, i'm sure it's not QUITE as extensive as the one run by the government, but in today's day and age it shouldn't take more than a week. hell, the nuclear power plant that is a few miles from my house has such strict clearance that only like one in 20 ppl pass their background checks, and theirs takes under a week to run even.

i have no doubt that the employee i talked to was right and my file has spent the last 4 and a half months in a box in a warehouse. he actually said to me: "picture the big warehouses from one of the indiana jones movie, and make it much bigger and with more boxes, and THAT'S where your file is right now, just waiting in line."

Hello!! =) haha nakakatuwa naman reply mo, thanks. masyado kasing serious dito it's a breath of fresh air to get to read your reply. thanks again. oo nga super patient talaga lalo na i'm pregnant! it's really hard to do the pregnancy w/o your partner literally beside you. buti nalang, he's working real hard just to support us and his pay is good. this is our decision rin kasi. we didn't want our parents to support us financially. tho they are there also for us. we're blessed nga in this situation yung process lang talaga of waiting for the visa! =| Anyway, good luck on your case!! 4 months? when did you guys file like august? kahit ata september ka nag file this year, wala parin noa2. may nabasa ako somewhere na post ng sept 2010 filers wala pa nakakakuha ng noa2. oh well. =|

Haha! Alam mo trip ko ngang magreply in pure Filipino eh pero i was thinking hindi makakarelate yung iba..well problema na nila yun..hehe. Honestly, waiting for the NOA2 is getting into my nerves already after waiting for 4 mos now, by Dec 17 it will mark the 5 mos processing time already by the uscis, hay naku ha!

We filed our case July 17 of this year, so it's 4 mos already cos i have to exclude the first month when they receive it (July). From all the blogs, videos i have read and watched some of them only took it 3 mos to get their NOA2, that's why im so pissed waiting (malapit na nga ko maghurumentado eh! haha) Eh ito laban ka meron pang 15mos of waiting only to find out there their case folder was missing..great right?! :) Kaloka noh? naku sarap mang away pero hindi pwede at baka lalong patagalin..hehe..

Congrats on the baby! :)

Me too i wanted to work here, but the timing isn't really good this time if i get my visa hopefully January next year, i need to quit working too, and i will only have worked for a month, i don't think that would be a good work experience at all. Kalurky girl..haha! Just smile then keep on praying and hoping, don't get yourself stressed with the K1 visa, ang baby mo masstress din sige ka..hehe! :) Good luck to us! patience..patience..and more patience.. :)

just want to share, i sign up an account at the uscis website and i was able to know that they last "touched" my case JULY 26, 2010, but they received it JULY 17, 2010. Wow... august until november, 4 mos "idle" time of me waiting for the NOA2 only to find out it is as yet far from reality :( I need a miracle so i can get the uscis people to finally touch it again :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Your petition will sit on a shelf until it is opened. It will be approved in about 20 minutes if everything is there. The rest of the time you are waiting your turn. The background check if it is "clear" takes about 30 seconds. It is all computerized. "touches" usually indicate the petition being moved from one pile to another.

USCIS does nothing to determine the "legitimacy of the relationship" at the petition phase. It is not part of the petition process. Any "evidence of relationship" you included will be put to the back of the file and basically ignored. They determine marital status by the papers you submit. If everything is there you will be approved in 15-20 minutes from the time they open the file. Adjudicators typically process 20-24 cases per 10 hour day...minus an hour for lunch.

We have friends who work as adjudicators and supervisors at VSC. Read the pinned topic at the top of the K-1 forum for a detailed description of exactly how a petition is handled.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Your petition will sit on a shelf until it is opened. It will be approved in about 20 minutes if everything is there. The rest of the time you are waiting your turn. The background check if it is "clear" takes about 30 seconds. It is all computerized. "touches" usually indicate the petition being moved from one pile to another.

USCIS does nothing to determine the "legitimacy of the relationship" at the petition phase. It is not part of the petition process. Any "evidence of relationship" you included will be put to the back of the file and basically ignored. They determine marital status by the papers you submit. If everything is there you will be approved in 15-20 minutes from the time they open the file. Adjudicators typically process 20-24 cases per 10 hour day...minus an hour for lunch.

We have friends who work as adjudicators and supervisors at VSC. Read the pinned topic at the top of the K-1 forum for a detailed description of exactly how a petition is handled.

Thanks for the wonderful info, well the things i said was just my idea on how they conduct the initial review cos it's taking them too long, i mean 5 mos? I think the Vermont Service Center is more efficient than the CSC, that's why they can get more applications approved. I don't really think they process it according to the dates they received it, some applications belatedly filed were approved earlier than my case. It's a matter of being "lucky" so one's case will be worked on first compared to the others, it's just so disappointing. I understand why some couples just decides to just cancel the application or they lose interest on it because of the inefficient process. This December will mark the 5mos of the processing time of my case, i just don't know if my case will be ever touch again.

Thanks again.

Timeline

just curious, anyone here knows how many "touches" should a case undergo before it can be finally approve by the USCIS? thanks much!

there is no set number, and they aren't always good at updating, some people say they get no touches and just approval eventually, and i myself have had 5 touches so far with no approval yet. it's completely arbitrary based on whether they update the system with the touches or not, and probably based on what worker pulls your file i'd imagine.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.