kirby808

co-sponsor

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey Everyone,

I was wondering if the Philippine embassy does accept the use of co-sponsors. I have heard from some that they don't and from others that they do. If there are some who have gone through the process recently using a co-sponsor would you mind sharing if the embassy allowed the use of a co-sponsor. I will be needing a co-sponsor so I am wondering if they allow it.

I don't know of any other way to do this because I recently got out of school, though I have a job, its not a great job that puts me over the poverty line limits. So, I'm hoping to get some clear answers to put my mind at ease.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's hard to put your mind at ease. Sometimes they do, and sometimes they don't. There are some cases where they actually ask for a cosponsor as the last bit they need to give the green light. Other times they absolutely refuse to accept cosponsors. It may be that certain folks there do not ever accept it, and some will consider it. It's hard to say for sure. The best advice is to try to collect the most recent experiences of people here who have had cosponsors accepted and those who haven't. Try to find out other details of their individual situations to look for patterns. It could be as simple as only a particular consulate there is okay with cosponsors, or it could be more complex with other factors effecting their decision on it.

We brought a prepared cosponsor form because I'm self employed and it was more complicated to demonstrate my actual income at the time. However, I was able to attend the interview, and the interviewer just directly asked me a few questions about my work. So they just accepted my prior year W2s from before my self employment status began as proof of my ability to support her. I know that doesn't help you much, but it's another piece of the USEM puzzle you can examine.

______

-Kevin

Love is not just a feeling, it is the actions showing kindness, caring, and concern, even when you don't feel like it.

Truth and Prayer our faith blog

We are both Seventh-Day Adventist Christians.

What does that mean?? Please feel free to ask me, I'd be more than happy to share.

- our beliefs - SDA fundamentals - we follow the Bible! -

- does hell burn forever? - what happens when you die? - Bible prophecy Truth -

- Sabbath Truth -

Do a search on the subject on the site's search engine. From what I noticed on a quick scan is that "it depends". Cases like your's where you are young (I am guessing)and fresh out of school are more likely to have them approve a co-sponsor based on the projection that your income will get better. The older you are the harder it becomes. (This is all from past posts on the subject not personal experience)

If you do get denied for it then just go the CR-1 route which does allow co-sponsors without a doubt.

April 24, 2010: Married in Butuan City
May 23, 2010: Submitted I-130
May 28, 2010: NOA-1 Received
October 19, 2010: NOA-2 Received
October 26, 2010: Case Number Assigned
October 28, 2010: IIN Received
November 3, 2010: AOS paid
November 5, 2010: AOS status "PAID". Sent AOS packet
November 6, 2010: DS-3032 email received. Emailed DS-3032
November 8, 2010: IV paid, DS-3032 accepted
November 10, 2010: IV status "PAID". Sent IV packet
November 15, 2010: IV received at NVC
November 22, 2010: False Checklist for missing DS-230
November 29, 2010: AOS + IV entered into system
December 4, 2010: SIF, Case Completed
December 6, 2010: Interview Scheduled
December 27-28, 2010: Passed Physical
January 6, 2011: Interview @ 0830 Approved
January 14, 2011: Visa received
January 31, 2011: CFO seminar completed
February 11, 2011: POE- LAX

Removal of Conditions
January 8, 2013: Mailed I-751
January 10,2013: NOA1
February 6, 2013: Biometrics Appoint.

June 4, 2013: Received I-797 NOA removal of conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.