Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Om&Abo Malik

Proof of residency

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi, i was wondering what classifies as sufficient proof that establishes residency? I have been here since june 9, 2010 and it will be 6 months in dec. I have my passport and visa stamped as entering but not exiting and recently became legal resident. I am worried that i will have to wait 6 months from the time i actually became legal even though i have resided here since june.

Does anyone know the answer to this it doesn't seem clear from the embassy site.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt

I think if you lived in Egypt a period of at least 6 month you are eligible for DCF.

But to be sure, call the American Embassy in Cairo at this number 0900-70600 and ask them if you are qualified

Good Luck

Find a job you love to do, and you will never work another day in your life.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...