Maxx121

Is it really such a bad thing for a filipina to be with a foreign man?

24 posts in this topic

hehe yeah i stand out like a soar thumb, the entire time i was there i saw only one other black guy in the robinson. was funny cause we both looked at each other and shared a special understanding and just smiled and never said a word hehe

the exact same thing happened to me in manila and in cebu, being there and not seeing anyone like yourself for days or weeks is a new experience for me, when i saw another brotha, i mean black man, i felt relieved for some reason, so i got a taste of what we expect others to do for us, thanks for sharing that story because i could relate to it.

K1 Visa Timeline

10/11/2010 - I-129F sent via USPS

10/19/2010 - NOA1 hard copy received, dated 10/15/2010

04/08/2011- received NOA2 hard copy, dated 04/05/2011

04/12/2011- NVC received petition

04/18/2011- received letter from NVC

04/18/2011- Manila embassy received petition

04/27/2011- medical exam passed

05/04/2011- appointment letter received dated 06/01/2011

06/01/2011- appointment date, put on administrative review

06/24/2011- visa granted

06/29/2011- received visa

07/18/2011- cfo class

07/21/2011- arrived in America

09/02/2011- happily married!

AOS Timeline

12/01/2011- AOS packet sent

12/06/2011- received email and text from USCIS with MSC number

12/07/2011- check was cashed

12/10/2011- received NOA hard copy dated 12/05/2011

12/12/2011- received NOA hard copy for biometrics appointment for 12/28/2011

12/24/2011- received NOA hard copy stating that our case was transfered to CSC on 12/20/2011

12/28/2011- biometrics appointment completed

06/25/2012- put in service request

09/12/2012- AOS approved

09/17/2012- card production

09/21/2012- greencard in hand

ROC Timeline

08/04/2014 - sent ROC packet

08/13/2014 - received I-797, NOA, dated 08/08/2014

08/28/2014 - received biometric appt. letter for 09/11/2014

02/25/2015- ROC approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

the exact same thing happened to me in manila and in cebu, being there and not seeing anyone like yourself for days or weeks is a new experience for me, when i saw another brotha, i mean black man, i felt relieved for some reason, so i got a taste of what we expect others to do for us, thanks for sharing that story because i could relate to it.

hehe yeah its a crazy feeling isnt it, relief to know your now the only one there doing something that seems so out of the ordinary. People ask me all the time how i can be apart from someone i love for so long, i just say: if i didnt spend this time apart from her i woulndt be able to be with her at all and this is better than that :).

but yeah i got the you cant find a sista here to love :) but friends ask me that and not in a rude way. at least i hope its not in a rude way eheh

I-129F Sent : 2010-07-17

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-07-23

Touch: 2010-08-02

Touch: 2010-10-03

NOA2: 2010-01-10

Interview: 2011-02-08 - Approved

Visa Printed: 2011-02-10

Sent to 2Go: 2011-02-14 (scheduled for noon delivery as per consulate)

Pckup @ 2Go: 2011-02-15 (Will hold at routing Hub for same day pick up)

POE (LAX): 2011-02-16

Timeline
There was one time that we were in a meter taxi and about a few minutes into the trip, the driver turn off his meter & tried to "negotiate" a fare - my wife sent out a text & told the driver to go instead to another location, when we got there - the tourist police was waiting. :whistle:

I really want to know more about this. What are the tourist police, and how can I utilize their services in this way? I was quite upset at a cabbie who did this to us. He knew that I knew he could understand me and that I was upset at him. We took pictures of the license numbers painted on the door trim. When we got to our destination he was acting a little nervous and was thanking me - I guess for not being more upset. My Bel puts up with it, "that's the way it is" she says. But if we could be aware of a way to handle this as your wife did, that could be a different story.

I also don't like that the cabbies seem to feel they can automatically just negotiate a high price when your destination is NAIA. The drawback is if you need to get there "soon" they have power over you. Don't pay up, they take the long way, you miss your flight.

______

-Kevin

Love is not just a feeling, it is the actions showing kindness, caring, and concern, even when you don't feel like it.

Truth and Prayer our faith blog

We are both Seventh-Day Adventist Christians.

What does that mean?? Please feel free to ask me, I'd be more than happy to share.

- our beliefs - SDA fundamentals - we follow the Bible! -

- does hell burn forever? - what happens when you die? - Bible prophecy Truth -

- Sabbath Truth -

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

" Is it really such a bad thing for a filipina to be with a foreign man? "

NOPE! WTH! Just talking in general, Filipinos are "usisero" and "pakialamero". It's a big deal to catch a foreigner in Tagalog (nakabingwit ng malaking isda) because it basically imply money. As well as the superiority complex that is common to Filipinos because of course the foreign people who acted so superior in our ancestors. Anyway, it is supposedly none of their business if you want to marry foreigner, you shouldn't be judge, but you are because that's a common culture of the Filipinos unless of course, you give them money.

About "slide thing", I haven't experience any, just a weird and understatement stares and glares. If they will, I will kick their ####. LoL. Kidding. Probably it depends on how your Filipino/Filipina partner handle the situation. 'Coz as for me, I wouldn't allow it, for they have no right to judge me nor say something about me having relationship with a foreigner.

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I really want to know more about this. What are the tourist police, and how can I utilize their services in this way? I was quite upset at a cabbie who did this to us. He knew that I knew he could understand me and that I was upset at him. We took pictures of the license numbers painted on the door trim. When we got to our destination he was acting a little nervous and was thanking me - I guess for not being more upset. My Bel puts up with it, "that's the way it is" she says. But if we could be aware of a way to handle this as your wife did, that could be a different story.

I also don't like that the cabbies seem to feel they can automatically just negotiate a high price when your destination is NAIA. The drawback is if you need to get there "soon" they have power over you. Don't pay up, they take the long way, you miss your flight.

This is how to do it. Tell the taxi driver, you wanted it to be in meter, and you will just add some tip when you get to the destination (usually, 10% of the total fare). If they insist not to have it in meter, tell them you will have them report at LTO, then the operator will face the charges together with the driver and driver couldn't work anymore. If they deny you for a ride because you didn't agree with their terms, just tell them it is against the law and you will report this to LTO and police, and notify media, I bet you, they will get scared. Be careful with "bating-bating", a meter that runs so very fast. I have reported once to a police because I know how much the fare to/from my destination, if it is more 10% of what I usually pay, then I know they are doing fraud. So, I have it stop in front of police officer and reported it. Then, I have my aunt's friend who work in LTO to check the report to make sure mr. policeman didn't ask for "lagay" bribe and let him go.

Edited by adiiann

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

When i was in the cab i didnt have any cash to pay the driver as i gave it all out in tips when leaving.

First Mistake, No Tipping in Philippines

Don't take this American Tradition/Curse and spread it to Philippines

As I always say, "Tipping is a place in China"......

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

• 5 months later...
Timeline

Man you, Maxx, and me all experienced this same thing which means we are very blessed men to be able to go experience life and culture in a place across the world. When I first went to Cebu back in 2000 (first trip ever to Phils) I was shocked that there were NO black people whatsoever in sight. I wondered around for days hoping to find just one LOL, but it was cool because people there treated me as if I was some sort of celebrity or something. And I love how they tell me I am not black mor elike pinoy :rofl:

THOM AND KIM's JOURNEY

Aug 31, 2010 - I-129F package sent to VSC

Sept 2, 2010 - NOA-1 hard copy received

Sept 5, 2010 - Check cashed

Nov 29, 2010 - Case Touched

Feb 25, 2011 - Contacted Senator

Feb 28, 2011 - NOA2 APPROVED **179 Days since NOA1 Received**

Mar 7, 2011 - NOA2 Hard Copy arrived

NVC

NVC receieved petition - Mar 7 2011

NVC case number received - Mar 8 2011 MNL2011XXXXXX

NVC case shipped to Embassy - Mar 9 2011

US Embassy Manila

Package delivered DHL - Mar 14 2011 signed by Leonilo

USEM - Medical- Passed Medical Mar 18 2011

USEM- Interview - APPROVED 4-14

USEM- VISA IN HAND - 4-30-2011

CFO - 5-2-2011

Kim on the plane 5-18-2011 Welcome to USA!

" Is it really such a bad thing for a filipina to be with a foreign man? "

NOPE! WTH! Just talking in general, Filipinos are "usisero" and "pakialamero". It's a big deal to catch a foreigner in Tagalog (nakabingwit ng malaking isda) because it basically imply money. As well as the superiority complex that is common to Filipinos because of course the foreign people who acted so superior in our ancestors. Anyway, it is supposedly none of their business if you want to marry foreigner, you shouldn't be judge, but you are because that's a common culture of the Filipinos unless of course, you give them money.

About "slide thing", I haven't experience any, just a weird and understatement stares and glares. If they will, I will kick their ####. LoL. Kidding. Probably it depends on how your Filipino/Filipina partner handle the situation. 'Coz as for me, I wouldn't allow it, for they have no right to judge me nor say something about me having relationship with a foreigner.

it is a social stigma like a scarlet letter. most people who give the flak to Filipinas are Filipinas who are married to foreigners themselves. i had friends whom i stopped seeing cuz they say a lot behind my back when i was dating another American before (they are married to a Japanese). i guess they were jealous of the fact that i can freely date anyone i want and they are stuck in an unhappy situation (some complain about sexless marriage and money problems).

i believe the whole culture needs an overhaul. some think they will get rich when they marry a foreigner or when you are abroad. it is ignorant really to assume that. you should marry for the right reason and not because you expect someone to save you.

i hear a lot of women (filipinas) say, "i think i will still date or marry a Filipino." nothing wrong about that but they say it like after knowing you are dating a non-Filipino. as for me, i do not limit myself to any race or color. it is important for me to find my match more than anything else. i have a strong, opinionated attitude that the typical Filipino men despise, plus I have always been independent and they mostly want a submissive wife. I go along with American men because most want their women to have her own opinion.

is it really such a bad thing for a filipina to be with a foreigner? no, of course not. the bad thing is when you let these backwards thinking get into you. after all, it makes you happy, right?

event.png

Visa

=======================================
02.11.2011 ~ sent K1 visa application
02.16.2011 ~ NOA1
03.21.2011 ~ NOA2
04.13.2011 ~ Packet 3 received
05.16.2011 ~ Interview (approved)
05.21.2011 ~ visa received

AOS
10.13.2011 ~ sent AOS application
10.21.2011 ~ NOA
11.14.2011 ~ biometrics appointment (AOS & EAD)
01.06.2012 ~ received EAD/AP combo card (has expiration date error)
04.27.2012 ~ GC production

ROC

02.26.2014 ~ sent ROC application

03.06.2014 ~ NOA (USCIS CSC)

03.27.2014 ~ biometrics appointment

06.20.2014 ~ GC production

N-400

02.03.2015 ~ sent N-400 application

02.10.2015 ~ NOA

03.27.2015 ~ In Line notification

03.30.2015 ~ Interview text notification

05.04.2015 ~ Interview: APPROVED!

05.15.2015 ~ 'MURICAN!

Timeline

I never experienced any negativity from Filipinos in my several trips to visit my fiancée. One did ask me some questions that made me uncomfortable, but he was the husband of my fiancée's best friend, so I took it as him caring for her welfare more than trying to offend me. He asked me if I planned to take Ann to the USA to be my servant because that is what some Americans do to pinay. I assured him that I most certainly would not be doing that and I love and respect her very much and she will be my wife and partner, etc, etc. He was fine with that response and we have become close friends.

The only ad experience I had in the Philippines was having my wallet lifted by 2 pinay in the Mega Mall in Manila. Thank God someone saw them throw my wallet in the trash and gave it to security or I would have lost the credit cards, ATM card and driver's license I had taken with me too. I did lose a lot of cash, but that's more easily replaced than the others. I had the wallet in a pocket on the leg of my shorts and it has a velcro flap so I have no idea how they got it out without me noticing, but they did.

My fiancée has been here in the USA for a month and I have had more disapproving looks here than I ever saw in the Philippines. Our age difference is not extreme, but she looks a lot younger than she is, so I am not sure if the looks are because of a mixed-race relationship or a perceived large age difference. Most of the looks have come from older women.

But as others here have said, the most important thing is that we love each other and we are happy together. I don't let the looks bother me because I don't care what they think. I would care if a male insulted my fiancée in front of me... they would likely end up on the blacktop too or at least a fat lip. Don't care what they say to me for the most part, just don't insult my woman!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.