nab

wrong info/address on ID

3 posts in this topic

for those in households ruled by parents, especially stubborn and uneducated parents {sigh} how do you deal with them when they insist on crazy things such as this (I'm pulling my freaking hair out because it seems at every step they are sabotaging, sometimes purposely).

my husband went to get his new id, becasue the old one had an address at which he had never lived; he has lived at the home he is at now all his life, it is even on his birth certificate. when he came of age his father got his ID with this other address because it is "more prestigious" :wacko: so i demanded he get a new correct ID. he got a new ID, and now both addresses appear :huh:

i threw a fit but he is apologetic and trying to explain to me 'sorry but father was screaming in the place and he was just trying to keep his father calm and make peace.... :(

here is the really big issue.... not only is this area NOT the "prestigious" area from his father's childhood any longer, it is a notorious drug dealer area NOW.

this will be a mess during background check becasue of course i only listed the ONE address he has ever lived, the family home, so it will look like he is hiding this address. the grandfather's generation (and previous) lived in that area, had homes and businesses, but has been gone since his grandfather's death and all the properties split, and his father got the property he has now.

is this mess even going to be fixable (and how to fix?) or going to completely make him inelible to enter usa?

please just answer question i've asked... i'm in no mood today for normal VJ BS

Edited by nab

if you gave your info (receipt #s, full name, etc) to anyone on VJ under the guise that they would "help" you through the immigration journey with his inside contacts (like his sister at USCIS) ... please contact OLUInquiries@dhs.gov, and go to http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact to report anything suspicious. Contact your congressman and senator's offices as well.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

for those in households ruled by parents, especially stubborn and uneducated parents {sigh} how do you deal with them when they insist on crazy things such as this (I'm pulling my freaking hair out because it seems at every step they are sabotaging, sometimes purposely).

my husband went to get his new id, becasue the old one had an address at which he had never lived; he has lived at the home he is at now all his life, it is even on his birth certificate. when he came of age his father got his ID with this other address because it is "more prestigious" :wacko: so i demanded he get a new correct ID. he got a new ID, and now both addresses appear :huh:

i threw a fit but he is apologetic and trying to explain to me 'sorry but father was screaming in the place and he was just trying to keep his father calm and make peace.... :(

here is the really big issue.... not only is this area NOT the "prestigious" area from his father's childhood any longer, it is a notorious drug dealer area NOW.

this will be a mess during background check becasue of course i only listed the ONE address he has ever lived, the family home, so it will look like he is hiding this address. the grandfather's generation (and previous) lived in that area, had homes and businesses, but has been gone since his grandfather's death and all the properties split, and his father got the property he has now.

is this mess even going to be fixable (and how to fix?) or going to completely make him inelible to enter usa?

please just answer question i've asked... i'm in no mood today for normal VJ BS

Parents are rough, I'm sorry that you have to deal with this, since the process is already stressful enough. I imagine it might be an issue, unless they still have residence/work in the address...Your husband might want to get a new ID with the correct address, and not tell his father...

Hope it all works out

event.png

One look

One smile

One touch

One embrace

One kiss

One love

Two people

Two minds

Two souls

Two destinies

One road

One journey

One ending

Together

358272338v5_240x240_Front.jpg20821470_125x125.png

Parents are rough, I'm sorry that you have to deal with this, since the process is already stressful enough. I imagine it might be an issue, unless they still have residence/work in the address...Your husband might want to get a new ID with the correct address, and not tell his father...

Hope it all works out

yes, you are right! it's so far away he needs the car to get there and of course his father insists on going anytime he leaves for anything other than few minutes (i.e. walking distance to a shop on the block)... it's like he is prisoner. just to give his CV/resume to school he told them he was going to pick up his awards he left there many years previous (which he did while there so he would not be lying - i detest liars so suggested that).

his previous teacher got a job for him very close to home so he doesnt need car for that either. he only teaches 2hrs a day right now so even if he were not needed for a day, could slip away, go by bus, wait (the rush is terrible), and apply for new ID, he would not get back to the home in time... it would be many hours.

the job itself has caused uproar in and of itself :-( "what we provide is not good enough for you? we dont provide food, shelter, clothing for you?" {sigh} what to expect after they take his money, say they will bank it, it will be there for him when he needs it, then when he asks for it for visa they say "no". guess it's only there for him for things they feel acceptable, and being married to an american is not an acceptable thing.

sorry for the rant, so frustrated and angry!

ok so back to topic....

is it possible to order him a new ID from here but get it shipped to him there? NADRA has a website and seems like it can be ordered thru mail... they may not give it to him when it arrives but doesnt matter (?), it would be issued (or would whatever ID in hand be valid one?). for long time he didnt have his ID anyway, they woudlnt let him have it, only a paper copy of it. they are afraid their boys will run from the home.

thing worries me about another new one

it might look like that address is trying to be hidden since he just got a new one within the last year already - would it better just to leave alone and explain to them situation, would they understand? does this kind of garbage happen more often than i think? (seems crazy to me but maybe it is not as uncommon as i think?! are parents over there usually this nuts?)

am i worrying for nothing? seems to me if that area is notoriously known area for bad people we're in for longer wait than normal! is it going to throw him into much longer background check?

is there a place on the form for changing address to say "never lived at that address"? that could correct the ID and answer WHY we didnt put that address on the forms because i refused to put that one sicne he never lived there and has never even visited there!

when he told his father he wanted to fix this he said he would be in trouble for putting false address. it freaks me out whenever he tries to fix anything they have messed up like this then they threaten that he will be in trouble... like they kept him from registering our marriage for many months, telling him only people who run from their homes register it any other way than just through mosque (guilt - dont shame the family by making people think you ran from home) and so on, etc and then after the time period had passed then told him he would be jailed if he tried to do it (there is only a 1000rs fine to pay if you register it after the time period, NOT jail!). they are always doing a constant mindplay to get him to do what they want.

he finally realizes they will never be for the marriage and has stopped takign 'advice' but it has been a veyr long year. anyway.....

----------------

something else is wrong on the ID... blood type. i'm not certain why it's on there or for what it is used? identity verfication? blood tranfusion in an accident? IDK but i am concerned because my husband's is wrong due to his parent's belief`that all children have their father's blood :wacko:. this is another one of those 'uneducated' things :blink:

i'm not sure how it is handled in an extreme emergency but would assume if time were limited they would take the word of a relative and not bother with blood typing :-(

on all the boys IDs his parents insisted on putting the father's blood type ... "they are his sons, they have his blood type" :blink: my husband does NOT have his father's blood type, in fact, if he were given that blood type he could be killed. :crying::(

------

so a new id is definitely needed, just how to get one? nadra thru mail?

if you gave your info (receipt #s, full name, etc) to anyone on VJ under the guise that they would "help" you through the immigration journey with his inside contacts (like his sister at USCIS) ... please contact OLUInquiries@dhs.gov, and go to http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact to report anything suspicious. Contact your congressman and senator's offices as well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.