MLT6977

Japanese Police Clearance for a Filipina

10 posts in this topic

I've gotten different answers from the Embassy. They have my approval from NVC at the Embassy, we have a case number, but no packet or interview date yet. I want to get started on the request for the police clearance from Japan ASAP, as I see it takes a couple of months. Please, if someone has done this recently, can you tell me what you had to do to get a request letter from the US Embassy? Thanks, Mike

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'm sorry I can't help you with more accurate info. But in case you haven't seen this link yet, it might be worth taking a loot at it. http://travel.state.gov/visa/reciprocity/C...der/J/Japan.htm

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

I'm sorry I can't help you with more accurate info. But in case you haven't seen this link yet, it might be worth taking a loot at it. http://travel.state.gov/visa/reciprocity/C...der/J/Japan.htm

Timeline

Huh? :blink:

Timeline (incompleta)

I appreciate your help Mew, I've read that site over and over and it only seems to tell me that a Police Clearance Letter is available from Japan. I've read thru the pertinent info on the Embassy website, the Dept. of State, the USCIS site, and nothing tells me how to get this. The Japanese Embassy says they won't give the clearance without a request letter from the US Embassy. The US Embassy in Manila has given me and my fiance' three different answers. She is following the most likely course of action and going to the Embassy tomorrow. I had been told that when I had a case number they would issue the request letter. They then told me I had to fax a request to them(US Embassy) for the request letter, I did this and got nothing, no response. When I called again to see if they ever even received the fax, I was told that my fiance' had to go in person to the embassy to request the letter. My fiance' was also told on the phone that she could not get the request letter until we had an interview date. My fiance' and I have had similar dealings with the Embassy throughout our 17 year relationship, and unfortunately, this is par for the course. I would really appreciate the experience of someone who has done this already. Mike

Timeline

I understand. Maybe you could try and post your question to the Manila thread or to the regional forum.

Timeline (incompleta)

I understand. Maybe you could try and post your question to the Manila thread or to the regional forum.

Thanks again, I've already posted it in two other Manila threads. It gets buried so quickly behind other posts that I decided to start this one to be seen.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

In my situation the US embassy in Japan required a police clearance from the Philippines. The US embassy in Japan told us to go in person to the Philippine embassy in Japan and request the poice clearance there. This method takes months to complete. We chose instead to fly to Manila and was able to get the police clearance in one day. My advice is expensive but I would travel to Japan with written documentation from the US embassy in the Philippines requesting the Japanese police clearance. I would then go to the US embassy in Tokyo and ask them to also provide written documentation stating that you require a Japanese police clearance. Then present both these documents to the police in Tokyo and ask for the clearance. Tell them you have traveled all the way from the Philippines and ask that the clearance be expedited.

Antoniostar & Mew, thanks for the help, but I just got the scoop from the horses' mouth(so to speak). Malambing has sent me the exact instructions on how his fiance' recently accomplished exactly what I am attempting. Thanks again, Mike.

Timeline
Antoniostar & Mew, thanks for the help, but I just got the scoop from the horses' mouth(so to speak). Malambing has sent me the exact instructions on how his fiance' recently accomplished exactly what I am attempting. Thanks again, Mike.

Good for you! Good luck! :thumbs:

Timeline (incompleta)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.