MaghrebiMama

Marriage in Morocco...

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello,

It's MaghrebiMama again. As you guys know I'm planning on moving to Sale with my son December 21, 2010. My next question is about marriage in Morocco. Do i have to get a police record from the FBI or can I go to my local police station and get the background check/police record?

Also about Affidavit of Nationality and Eligibility to Marry from the US counselate... Can I retrieve that online, or must I go in person to receive this paper and fee?

How much does it cost for a medical clerence from the physicians in Morocco?

Thanks for the help.

MM

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Although I didn't marry in Morocco from what I've read/heard you can expect the actual process to take about one month. There is lots of running around involved but since you will be based in Rabat/Sale it might be a little faster for you (less travel time)

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I got a police report from the two states I lived in. The FBI takes about 3 months to get you a report. You have to go to the consulate in Casablanca to get the Free to Marry form. Then you will go to Rabat, and you have to get copies made of things and also you need to get a stamp from a market. I ran into a person in Rabat, his name was Aboulez, who actually took me around to do everything. He brought me to this translator, Mr. Gzem Zakaria, who translated documents I needed. While he was translating, I went to the Ministry of Justice to get a Moroccan Police Report, but I had to go back later in the afternoon to pick it up. Aboulez got his cut from the translator, but he stayed with me the whole day until I got on a bus that night to Oujda. He was a big help. I can provide numbers for these people, if you want their help. Just PM me.

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Timeline

Hello,

It's MaghrebiMama again. As you guys know I'm planning on moving to Sale with my son December 21, 2010. My next question is about marriage in Morocco. Do i have to get a police record from the FBI or can I go to my local police station and get the background check/police record?

Also about Affidavit of Nationality and Eligibility to Marry from the US counselate... Can I retrieve that online, or must I go in person to receive this paper and fee?

How much does it cost for a medical clerence from the physicians in Morocco?

Thanks for the help.

MM

Timeline

I know of some who married in Sale and had no problems and completed it all in less than 2 weeks. There are some physicians who will look at results from here or some will make you take the tests there. The papers are simple. I have copies of them, but they are in arabic. Let me know if you would like to see them.

My fiance is near Sale and his sister lives there with her husband. If we are unsucessful in our attempt this time, I too may be living there. I wish you the best. I leave in about 2 weeks and I pray we will be able to marry doing this visit. It is our goal.

Take care

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hope this help: http://casablanca.usconsulate.gov/marriage_requirements.html I know a lot of ppl have gone through this recently...and from the sounds of it, time depends on what town he's from, the ppl u know, etc.

Monica :)

VJ Timeline (see "About Me" for full timeline)

1/2009 Met Online

11/2009 1st visit to Morocco (2 weeks), Officially Proposed, Engagement Party!!

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

2/26/2010 NOA2 APPROVED!!!

3/2010 2nd trip to Morocco (3.5 months)

5/18/2010 Interview Results: told to wait for call

6/14/2010 Visa denied per Section 221(g)

9/27/2010 NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) Received

12/1/2010 NOID Reaffirmed & Returned for visa processing (back to Casa for another interview)

2/2/2011 Rebuttle Interview: APPROVED!!!

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

4/8/2011 Arrive in US through JFK (20 mins total time)

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

I know of some who married in Sale and had no problems and completed it all in less than 2 weeks. There are some physicians who will look at results from here or some will make you take the tests there. The papers are simple. I have copies of them, but they are in arabic. Let me know if you would like to see them.

My fiance is near Sale and his sister lives there with her husband. If we are unsucessful in our attempt this time, I too may be living there. I wish you the best. I leave in about 2 weeks and I pray we will be able to marry doing this visit. It is our goal.

Take care

I guess i'm just looking for a figure of how long it will take to be approve by the government. Now in my head i'm going for 30 days give or take. Hopefully not that long. But we will see. I guess with the physician consolation in Morocco, hopefully that will be no more than 200MAD. Allahu'Alym of how much it will cost.

So what part of Sale is your family at? When i was there last time i was in Kenitra and Sale Hay Salam. However, when i go there this time, I'm moving to Sale Al-Jadida. But I really want to live in Sale Arjat. But anywhere in Sale is great I guess.

Good luck with your plans on getting married. Please keep me posted so I know how your adventures go while in and near Sale, so I can have an idea of what to expect.

MM

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I did it in 2 weeks around that same time in December 2008. However lots of running around and knowing people in authority. Police record from your local police and the affidavit from the embassy in Casa. Don't know about the medical cuz my aunt who is a doctor got her coworker to just sign the paper.

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Timeline

The time will depend on several factors and possibly some money.

His home is in Youssoufia, but when he works he lives in Sale Al-Jadida. He was very excited when I told him someone was moving there. He stays with his brother who lives on what sounds like a "base". He is in the Gendermarine?

They are building a new city and he will be working there. I want information so I can see if we can afford to buy something. I/we will help you however we can and thank you for you kind words.

Natasha

I guess i'm just looking for a figure of how long it will take to be approve by the government. Now in my head i'm going for 30 days give or take. Hopefully not that long. But we will see. I guess with the physician consolation in Morocco, hopefully that will be no more than 200MAD. Allahu'Alym of how much it will cost.

So what part of Sale is your family at? When i was there last time i was in Kenitra and Sale Hay Salam. However, when i go there this time, I'm moving to Sale Al-Jadida. But I really want to live in Sale Arjat. But anywhere in Sale is great I guess.

Good luck with your plans on getting married. Please keep me posted so I know how your adventures go while in and near Sale, so I can have an idea of what to expect.

MM

For some reason Youssoufia sounds familiar to me. Hopefully I will find out why later insha'Allah. Now please do not laugh at me. I know the address of what part of Sale Al-Jadida I'm going, but I can't tell you the neighborhood name. My fiancee' has a flat, but I've not been to this flat yet. So I am anxious to see it. I meant to ask you how long you were going to be in Sale? I will be leaving December 21, 2010 insha'Allah. If you are still there, I would love to connect if possible.

Thank you in advance for offering assistance.

Hope to speak with you soon.

MM

The time will depend on several factors and possibly some money.

His home is in Youssoufia, but when he works he lives in Sale Al-Jadida. He was very excited when I told him someone was moving there. He stays with his brother who lives on what sounds like a "base". He is in the Gendermarine?

They are building a new city and he will be working there. I want information so I can see if we can afford to buy something. I/we will help you however we can and thank you for you kind words.

Natasha

Timeline

For some reason Youssoufia sounds familiar to me. Hopefully I will find out why later insha'Allah. Now please do not laugh at me. I know the address of what part of Sale Al-Jadida I'm going, but I can't tell you the neighborhood name. My fiancee' has a flat, but I've not been to this flat yet. So I am anxious to see it. I meant to ask you how long you were going to be in Sale? I will be leaving December 21, 2010 insha'Allah. If you are still there, I would love to connect if possible.

Thank you in advance for offering assistance.

Hope to speak with you soon.

MM

I will be leaving the 27th of November to come home. I wish I would be there at the same time. Maybe they know your fiance?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

do not rely on the requirements you find on the internet or consulate, it depends on the city where you are going to get married, cases are so easy in the cities known as touristic because they deal with a lot of such cases and their procedure is flexible and easy. in a city like Sale it maybe not that easy unless you bring all the necessary document. Here is a list of unusual documents you maybe asked to provide so make sure you have them.

-court record(in Morocco it`s called Hosn Assira, casier judiciaire).

-Police record.

-divorce documents if you are divorced what`s strange is that they ask also for a NON APPEAL certificate. In the US the divorce is mentioned FINAL on the divorce documents, though some Moroccan courts ask for a NON APPEAL CERTIFICATE.So make sure you get it from the court where you get your divorce decree , if they can not provide it , ask them if they can give you a writing document saying that the court do not provide such document since the divorce is final.

-Naturalization certificate , or US passport

- Birth certificate.

-Meduical test ..you better get your medical test there in Morocco,at least it wont cost you much and you do not need to translate it.

- and of course the permission from your consulate in Morocca,(eligibility to marry or capacity).which must be certified by the ministry of foreign affairs.

your husband will need the same documents as yours, which is not a problem for him at all.

Hope i could help , i`ve gone through this problem and it didnt work at all,and K-1 was more much easy for me .

Best of luck to you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.