MaghrebiMama

Those who lived in Morocco or who are living in Morocco.

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello!

I'm MaghrebiMama, and I have a son from a previous marriage who is six years old. We are actually locating to Sale Al-Jadida, Morocco on December 21, 2010.

My question is: Does anybody know exactly how much does it cost to enroll your child at the local French school? I heard several different prices. Usually I would not be concern, but the prices of those who are telling me, are crazy differences.

For example: one said it was about 300.00USD/yr. Another said 5,000.00USD/yr and another said 300.00USD/mo.

I'm totally confused.

Any help?

Thank you.

MaghrebiMama

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Not sure about the French schools, but I know that the American and British schools can cost up to $15,000 a year for just tuition, not counting the enrollment and application fees and a ton of other fees they tack on. The French schools are probably less, but I'd be more inclined to believe the highest price someone's given you as a guide for the price in general.. Private education in Morocco is EXPENSIVE.

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yeah...from what I found the American schools are very expensive. I'm not sure about the french schools either, but any specialized schools seem to be more expensive. Best of luck. My daughter luckily got to go to my fiance's brother's school for the 3 mths we were there for free...so I'm not sure what the actual price would have been. I can ask my fiance to find out though.

Monica :)

VJ Timeline (see "About Me" for full timeline)

1/2009 Met Online

11/2009 1st visit to Morocco (2 weeks), Officially Proposed, Engagement Party!!

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

2/26/2010 NOA2 APPROVED!!!

3/2010 2nd trip to Morocco (3.5 months)

5/18/2010 Interview Results: told to wait for call

6/14/2010 Visa denied per Section 221(g)

9/27/2010 NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) Received

12/1/2010 NOID Reaffirmed & Returned for visa processing (back to Casa for another interview)

2/2/2011 Rebuttle Interview: APPROVED!!!

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

4/8/2011 Arrive in US through JFK (20 mins total time)

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

I hope that you aren't seriously moving a six year old child from the US to Morocco because you are in love. You wouldn't really do that to a kid, would you? Maybe I misunderstood the posting.

Isn't that a bold statement without knowing the situation??

1/2009 Met Online

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

12/1/2010 NOID Reaffirmed & Returned for visa processing (back to Casa for another interview)

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Timeline

IF the kid is being relocated from the US to Morocco, then I'm not sure what else I need to know about the situation? Maybe I misunderstood, as I said before.

;)

And I guess I don't see the issue with introducing a child to other cultures and ways of life. And she already said he would be staying in school...so what is the issue?

1/2009 Met Online

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

And I guess I don't see the issue with introducing a child to other cultures and ways of life. And she already said he would be staying in school...so what is the issue?

This move probably isn't geared towards new cultural experiences. The Mom is probably moving him there so that she can be with her man. If the child has a biological Dad, then the child is being taken from seeing his Dad. If the child has grandparents or friends, the child is being removed from that as well. The child has no choice because he is six years old. I personally don't think that moving a kid for the sake of the Mom's international love is right. The interest of the child should come first, not the interest of the Mom's love life. Just my opinion. ;)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

This move probably isn't geared towards new cultural experiences. The Mom is probably moving him there so that she can be with her man. If the child has a biological Dad, then the child is being taken from seeing his Dad. If the child has grandparents or friends, the child is being removed from that as well. The child has no choice because he is six years old. I personally don't think that moving a kid for the sake of the Mom's international love is right. The interest of the child should come first, not the interest of the Mom's love life. Just my opinion. ;)

:bonk:

But see, you don't know her situation. And she didn't ask for your opinion on the tiny bit of it that you do know. It never ceases to amaze me when people seem to know what's in the best interest of someone else's child. If the woman was moving across the US, would you have the same opinion? I'm quite sure the OP has put a lot of thought into the situation before making a decision, and has made her decision already, without the uneducated opinions of total strangers.

Timeline

Just like Sarah said...how do u know what the situation is. My daughter wanted to go & stay & didn't want to come back...and you have no way of knowing if the biological father is (or ever has been) around. So get the details before you judge ppl and critisize someone by ASSUMING you know what's going on. Have you ever thought it would be a good thing for her child to see them together & happy?

1/2009 Met Online

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Oh ok. Now I understand why you are defending her. I never said I had all the facts. Im stating my opinion just like you are. Sorry you don't like mine. Im sure there's a lot to the story but either way I think the child should come first. Call me old school but when a child comes into the picture I generally don't think dating or remarrying is the best idea for the kid.

:bonk:

But see, you don't know her situation. And she didn't ask for your opinion on the tiny bit of it that you do know. It never ceases to amaze me when people seem to know what's in the best interest of someone else's child. If the woman was moving across the US, would you have the same opinion? I'm quite sure the OP has put a lot of thought into the situation before making a decision, and has made her decision already, without the uneducated opinions of total strangers.

I see your point and like I said I sure don't know all the details and im not asking for them. I am simply saying what I think. Sorry you feel the need to hit me over the head. I realize people don't like conflict but I am allowed to share my opinion.

:)

Timeline

Oh ok. Now I understand why you are defending her. I never said I had all the facts. Im stating my opinion just like you are. Sorry you don't like mine. Im sure there's a lot to the story but either way I think the child should come first. Call me old school but when a child comes into the picture I generally don't think dating or remarrying is the best idea for the kid.

I agree that each is open to express their opinions...i just try to wait to give mine with all of the information about the situation first, that's why I wouldn't tell her either way. And saying a person shouldn't get in to a relationship because they have a child (in my opinion) is forcing something on a child that they probably would not choose. Most children want both parents in their lives, and it doesn't always need to be biological either for them to be happy children.

1/2009 Met Online

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

I agree that each is open to express their opinions...i just try to wait to give mine with all of the information about the situation first, that's why I wouldn't tell her either way. And saying a person shouldn't get in to a relationship because they have a child (in my opinion) is forcing something on a child that they probably would not choose. Most children want both parents in their lives, and it doesn't always need to be biological either for them to be happy children.

Well then we can agree to disagree on that. I don't think it's generally good for a chiild to have two dads and have their lives changed or disrupted unnecessarily. I am of the school of thought that for divorced parents, their only priority should be raising their child and letting romance take the back seat. But that's just me. Every situation is different.

Edited by tiffmal

undoubtedly, not all step parent/parent remarriage situations are created equally. a lot of children reap a lot of benefits from that kind of situation, in others it creates even more misery.

more often than not though, this particular forum has provided more "#######, i gotta just shake my head" moments than "wow, that person's really got their shite together and is really looking out for their kids' best interests" moments, at least in my opinion.

i know i for one would have a whole lot more of a clue about what my kiddo's educational situation was gonna be loooong before i had a set moving date, and have all of the specific details hammered out well in advance. i'd know the answer from the school itself that i had personally visited and discussed all kinds of things in a whole lot of detail with someone actually employed by the school rather than looking for pricing feedback from random strangers on an immigration website. but that's just me projecting "what's in the best interest of someone else's child". you'll have to excuse me for seeing a huge credibility gap with someone who is moving overseas in a little over a month, but doesn't even have a clue what her child's education there is going to cost.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.