BULLWINKLE

Is AP Doc. (I-512L) valid without Biometrics?

1 post in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Long story short.. I was told that my AP is not valid without my biometrics being complete. Have any of y'all traveled with your AP? Did you need biometrics in order for it to be valid?

Also, the name on the doc reflects my hyphenated maiden name, and my passport reflects my maiden name - will this cause any problems while traveling? Is it best that I go to the consulate to order a new passport with a name change? Or will my marriage certificate, drivers license, etc suffice?

Fingers crossed for some good news....

Feel free to click here to read the whole story about my ridiculous journey... ughh...

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/264252-july-2010-aos/

Edited by BULLWINKLE

07-2006 Met my sweetheart!!!

01-25-10 Entered the USA on student visa

05-28-10 Married!!!! <3

06-16-10 I693 Medical prepared and sealed

07-14-10 AOS Packet couriered to Chicago

07-16-10 AOS Packet received! Signed by S. Bush :)

07-23-10 CHECK$ CA$HED!!!!! So happy to see money leave my bank account!!!!

07-24-10 NOA received in the mail for AOS/EAD and hubby received AP for me :)

07-26-10 TOUCHED!!!

08-06-10 EAD & Alien Petition TOUCHED!!!

08-24-10 Service request submitted for Biometrics Letter.. waiting, waiting...

09-01-10 2nd service request call put in - Dallas ASC backed up and everything is on hold! :(

09-03-10 Infopass appointment set for September 17th

09-03-10 EAD TOUCHED!!! I might not need my Infopass appt. after all!

09-07-10 Another touch for EAD

09-08-10 EAD TOUCH again! woo hoo!

09-17-10 InfoPas appt @9am. EAD APPROVED on Sept 2.. but still waiting for biometrics

09-20-10 3rd service request to USCIS, escalated to IO. still no bio appt

09-28-10 AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

09-29-10 4th service request to USCIS, useless convo with IO

09-30-10 AP received and signed by USCIS, J.Chyba

10-04-10 Another useless convo with IO

10-06-10 Letter sent to Congressman

10-10-10 Letter sent to Senator

10-11-10 AP Touch

10-13-10 Email received, AP approved :)

10-15-10 Useless SECOND Infopass appt. and useless AP without biometrics

10-16-10 I-512L AP Doc arrived in the mail

10-18-10 Another USELESS call to USCIS

10-19-10 Got my biometrics appt for Nov 3rd!!! early walk in complete 10-20 *SEE ABOUT ME PAGE FOR MORE TIMELINE INFO!*

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.