Florianns Man

AOS - Medical & Vaccination Concerns

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Vj's,

I would like to know if anyone can help me any information from USCIS pertaining on Medical Exam stating that once the medical is less than a year no need to repeat again the medical Examination, though I got an impression that when it comes to vaccination I-693 supplement needed to trancribed by USCIS doctors and I have an appointment for that tomorrow to do my shots ( TD & Varicella shots- though I had my chicken pox previously and it was stated as VH, I just want to make sure that having a Varicella shot again is more safer than doing the bloodwork and i am aware that some wont have a positive result)and they also need to do the shots (varicella). Luckily, I am covered by the medical insurance through my husband and no need to pay with all those shots..but I cant get any information about medical Exam stating that no need to do a full medical since my last medical Examination only last July 2010..

Another Issues, since we already married, and i have my shots tomorrow ( Td & Varicella) so all information must be in my married name ( meaning my husband family name)? though all the forms for AOS I already used my husband family name..Also, I am a bit worried since I dont have a copy of my Medical Examination

only the vaccination record..do I still need to provide the medical Examination Result?

FYI, maybe this can help to other to Vj's member, for vaccination shots more cheaper some states offer a low cost shots just get some information to your public Health Clinic on your cities/ county..I did tried to called our public Health Clinic and they are offering a free vaccination and it was stated that those refugees & intending immigrants without health insurance or not covered by the Insurance to complete their vaccination for adjustment of status are free..and some county have a low cost price for shots..at first I really wanted to go to our public Health Clinic and do my lacking shots but since I am covered and I preferred through Insurance as this also cost me nothing and it also good to start a record in my Health Insurance Clinic.

Thanking you all in advance.

Edited by Florianns Man

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate :

I-129F Sent : 2010-03-09

I-129F Received : 2010-03-11

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-03-12 "touched"

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-04-29 APPROVED!!!!

NOA2 Hard Copy : 2010-05-04

NOA2 Sent to Embassy 2010-05-10

NOA2 Received 2010-05-13 (I hope it is ours anyway)

Packet 3 : 2010-05-20 Received!!!

Packet 4 : 2010-06-29 Received!!!

Interview: 2010-07-20 - APPROVED

Visa On Hand : 2010-07-21 ( Yahoo!!!)

POE - August 20, 2010

AOS,EAD & AP

October 15,2010 Sent AOS,EAD & AP ( Chicago Lockbox)

October 25,2010 - Received Hard Copies of AOS,EAD & AP

October 25, 2010 - Touched

October 27, 2010 - Received Biometric Scheduled ( dated 19.Nov.2010)

November 19, 2010 - Biometric Schedule done

December 09,2011 - Interview Notice Received - schedule on January 20, 2011

December 22,2010 - EAD Approved

December 23,2010 - AP Approved

December 30,2010 - AP Received

December 31,2010 - EAD Card Received

January 20,2011 - interview - Approved - (Exactly my 5 months I landed in US)

January 29,2011 - Green Card Received - (Exactly 1 year that we got engaged)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Vj's,

I would like to know if anyone can help me any information from USCIS pertaining on Medical Exam stating that once the medical is less than a year no need to repeat again the medical Examination, though I got an impression that when it comes to vaccination I-693 supplement needed to trancribed by USCIS doctors and I have an appointment for that tomorrow to do my shots ( TD & Varicella shots- though I had my chicken pox previously and it was stated as VH, I just want to make sure that having a Varicella shot again is more safer than doing the bloodwork and i am aware that some wont have a positive result)and they also need to do the shots (varicella). Luckily, I am covered by the medical insurance through my husband and no need to pay with all those shots..but I cant get any information about medical Exam stating that no need to do a full medical since my last medical Examination only last July 2010..

Another Issues, since we already married, and i have my shots tomorrow ( Td & Varicella) so all information must be in my married name ( meaning my husband family name)? though all the forms for AOS I already used my husband family name..Also, I am a bit worried since I dont have a copy of my Medical Examination

only the vaccination record..do I still need to provide the medical Examination Result?

FYI, maybe this can help to other to Vj's member, for vaccination shots more cheaper some states offer a low cost shots just get some information to your public Health Clinic on your cities/ county..I did tried to called our public Health Clinic and they are offering a free vaccination and it was stated that those refugees & intending immigrants without health insurance or not covered by the Insurance to complete their vaccination for adjustment of status are free..and some county have a low cost price for shots..at first I really wanted to go to our public Health Clinic and do my lacking shots but since I am covered and I preferred through Insurance as this also cost me nothing and it also good to start a record in my Health Insurance Clinic.

I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status. If you are a K-1, K-2, K-3 or K-4 visa holder the I-693 instructions state that you are not required to have another medical examination as long as your Form I-485 is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination. Only if your DS-3025 is marked "incomplete" is a I-693 required to be completed. If it is marked as such (incomplete) you are required to complete certain portions of the I-693 and have a Civil Surgeon certify the form (and seal it in an evelope). Specifically, you will complete Part 1 (Information about you) of the I-693 and provide both the form and your DS-3025 (if you have it, proving your vaccination history) and any proof of required vaccinations that were completed prior to entering the US. If you do not have a copy of your DS-3025 you will need to provide sufficient evidence of your vaccination history to the Civil Surgeon (talk to the civil surgeon's office to discuss what vaccination records they accept as proof). If you do not have proof of your vaccination history the Civil Surgeon may insist on re-administering all the required vaccinations prior to completing the I-693. Once the Civil Surgeon has has verified that all required vaccinations have been performed, they will complete form I-693 Part 2 (the vaccination section) and Part 5 (the Civil Surgeon's Certification). They will then seal the form in an envelope and return it to you.

Timeline

Hi Vj's,

Timeline

The best way for you to find out is to call the USCIS. In my case since my medical is more than a year I called the USCIS and verify if I need to get another medical exam and they said I need to get a new one. They will help you find a dr. that is USCIS certified to perform the exam. I contacted the dr. and set up an appointment (he will tell you what to bring). I was expecting to spend a lot of money for it but I was surprise when I showed my vaccination record and he said I dont need any vaccination because mine is complete. So he did physical exam, he sent me to do a blood work for HIV etc, x-ray. I pent $320 in total.

Then got my result after 1 week.

Edited by cheep-cheep

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.