newlyweds

how to reschedule an interview date?

7 posts in this topic

I am supposed to haVE my interview date on october 28th, i just decided on my own 2-3 days ago, but yesterday i got into an accident, and ended up having a cast on my Left foot. I am overseas filing for the 319 B naturalization, so in order for me to do my interview i would have to travel from japan back to america, in washington DC

I am walking on crutches and I felt I would just let myself heal more before I leave the country, now my question is how can i reschedule my interview appointment? I haven't received the actual interview notice in the mail, maybe because the supervisor just emailed it to me, I am unsure if they will send me a physical one thru mail, I emailed her back but she has not answered me.

ANyone know how I can best reschedule my interview?

WOuld they be open to the rescheduling of my interview or should i just suck it up and travel even if I'm not 100% physically able to move around.

Plus I'm staying at a friend's there and do not want to hassle them having to care for me so much more..

Thanks!

Luke 18:27 Jesus said" what is impossible to men is possible with God."

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

09/09/09-K-1 visa approved

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

08/26/10-319B n400 starts

11-09-10 Interview 10 AM >Approved

11-09-10 oath 2 PM Fairfax, VA

All glory, praises, thanksgiving and admiration belong only to God.

Jeremiah 29:11 "for i know the plans i have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you¬ harm you, plans to give you hope & a future"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi, I did not reschedule my interview but my oath date. This was because the date coincided with the day I was scheduled to defend my thesis for a degree. I was really in a dilemma. But I decided on the latter, wrote a letter explaining my situation, attached a copy of a letter of introduction from the university, and sent it to my district office.

Indeed, the office wrote back acknowledging receipt of my request. A new date for the oath followed after waiting for about a month.

In your case, it seems you have a legitimate case. Do some further research on your case. But one of the ways to deal with such situations is to write a letter to district office where the interview is to be held, explaining your situation, and attach releveant copies (in your case, they should be all medical documents in your possession.)

Good luck! :dance:

I am supposed to haVE my interview date on october 28th, i just decided on my own 2-3 days ago, but yesterday i got into an accident, and ended up having a cast on my Left foot. I am overseas filing for the 319 B naturalization, so in order for me to do my interview i would have to travel from japan back to america, in washington DC

I am walking on crutches and I felt I would just let myself heal more before I leave the country, now my question is how can i reschedule my interview appointment? I haven't received the actual interview notice in the mail, maybe because the supervisor just emailed it to me, I am unsure if they will send me a physical one thru mail, I emailed her back but she has not answered me.

WOuld they be open to the rescheduling of my interview or should i just suck it up and travel even if I'm not 100% physically able to move around.

Plus I'm staying at a friend's there and do not want to hassle them having to care for me so much more..

Thanks!

Filed: Other Timeline

Thanks!

I remembered you called to get your appointment. I would advice you call/contact using the same method you scheduled/obtained your current interview date. Tell them what happen--and be able to back it up with a doctor's letter--and I'm sure they'll give you a new appointment date.

AOS I-485

07/10/07 - Sent I-485 via USPS Priority Mail to Chicago Lockbox

07/23/07 - Received NOA1 in my home mailbox

08/13/07 - Received ASC Biometrics Appointment Letter in my home mailbox

08/31/07 - USCIS mailed out Appointment letter with Postmark Date 8/31/07

09/04/07 - Received actual Appointment Letter (Interivew Date 10/30/07)

09/06/07 - Completed Biometrics Appointment at local ASC

10/30/07 - Scheduled AOS Interview Appointment - Approved

I-751

08/13/09 - Sent I-751 to CSC

08/17/09 - Receipt date of NOA

09/16/09 - Biometrics

09/17/09 - "Touched"

12/15/09 - Card production ordered

12/17/09 - Approval notice sent

12/21/09 - Received 10-Year GC and Welcome Letter

N-400

08/16/10 - Sent N-400 to AZ Lockbox via USPS First Class Mail with Delivery Confirmation

08/18/10 - USPS Confirms delivery: August 18, 2010, 9:57 am, PHOENIX, AZ 85036

08/24/10 - Check #501 for $675 cleared my account @ 11:20 pm EDT

08/27/10 - Received NOA dated 8/23/10 with a Priority date of 8/18/10

09/07/10 - Received Biometric RFE dated 9/3/10 -- Fingerprint apt. schedule 10/1/10

10/01/10 - Fingerprint Appointment-- Completed

10/09/10 - Received Interview Appointment Letter dated 10/6/10 for scheduled interview on 11/09/10

11/09/10 - Interview Passed

11/18/10 - Oath Ceremony

I remembered you called to get your appointment. I would advice you call/contact using the same method you scheduled/obtained your current interview date. Tell them what happen--and be able to back it up with a doctor's letter--and I'm sure they'll give you a new appointment date.

yes, i will talk to the doctor when they do a second xray,

i am still hoping to go on my original date; anyway, i emailed her and somehow when i call her she cannot hear me and would always just ask to email her but no response yet because my interview notice was sent to me thru email and somehow it wont print her signature .. I should be expecting her email back by monday hopefully she gets to get to me soon :)

thanks for the ideas guys!

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

Jeremiah 29:11 "for i know the plans i have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you¬ harm you, plans to give you hope & a future"

ok, just and update about my case.

I emailed the supervisor explained that I got into an accident, ended up with a cast and that i'm now walking on crutches.

She emailed back saying she's sorry to hear about what happened to me and descheduled my interview date.

She did say though to just email her what the new interview date I would want.

I didn't even have to send anything so I am so happy about it. I did plan on asking my doctor for a letter about the whole thing so now I won't need to do that.

Now, hopefully my foot heals fast so I can fly back to the US before the plane tickets get super expensive! lol

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

Filed: Other Timeline

ok, just and update about my case.

I emailed the supervisor explained that I got into an accident, ended up with a cast and that i'm now walking on crutches.

She emailed back saying she's sorry to hear about what happened to me and descheduled my interview date.

She did say though to just email her what the new interview date I would want.

I didn't even have to send anything so I am so happy about it. I did plan on asking my doctor for a letter about the whole thing so now I won't need to do that.

Now, hopefully my foot heals fast so I can fly back to the US before the plane tickets get super expensive! lol

Lucky you! :) Congrats on having such a smooth experience.

I do believe they treat military personnel better than civilians. :)

AOS I-485

07/10/07 - Sent I-485 via USPS Priority Mail to Chicago Lockbox

07/23/07 - Received NOA1 in my home mailbox

08/13/07 - Received ASC Biometrics Appointment Letter in my home mailbox

08/31/07 - USCIS mailed out Appointment letter with Postmark Date 8/31/07

09/04/07 - Received actual Appointment Letter (Interivew Date 10/30/07)

09/06/07 - Completed Biometrics Appointment at local ASC

10/30/07 - Scheduled AOS Interview Appointment - Approved

I-751

08/13/09 - Sent I-751 to CSC

08/17/09 - Receipt date of NOA

09/16/09 - Biometrics

09/17/09 - "Touched"

12/15/09 - Card production ordered

12/17/09 - Approval notice sent

12/21/09 - Received 10-Year GC and Welcome Letter

N-400

08/16/10 - Sent N-400 to AZ Lockbox via USPS First Class Mail with Delivery Confirmation

08/18/10 - USPS Confirms delivery: August 18, 2010, 9:57 am, PHOENIX, AZ 85036

08/24/10 - Check #501 for $675 cleared my account @ 11:20 pm EDT

08/27/10 - Received NOA dated 8/23/10 with a Priority date of 8/18/10

09/07/10 - Received Biometric RFE dated 9/3/10 -- Fingerprint apt. schedule 10/1/10

10/01/10 - Fingerprint Appointment-- Completed

10/09/10 - Received Interview Appointment Letter dated 10/6/10 for scheduled interview on 11/09/10

11/09/10 - Interview Passed

11/18/10 - Oath Ceremony

Lucky you! :) Congrats on having such a smooth experience.

I do believe they treat military personnel better than civilians. :)

lol thank you :)

i guess with the N400 it's the smoothest we've had lol

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.