I and S

Urgent help needed

1 post in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Ok, here is the situation. This question is from my sister and her fiance.

My sister is in Paksitan and her fiance is a US citizen. He has applied for a K-1 visa for her. They have recieved a 3.5 packet. Which requires for them to collect a police report for my sister from every city she have lived in for more then 6 months since the age 16.

My sister went to china as an international student and she was never a resisdent there. She pretty much stayed on campus during her stay in china. She never made any friends or know any relatives. She has no contacts in china. At this point she can't obtain a police report from china unless she travels back to china. Her police report for Pakistan is clear.

Is there a way to wave her requirement for a police report from China? Since it is almost impossible to get it.

Any information will really help. We are really worried.

Thanks.

we - March,26 2008

Got engaged - July, 18 2008

Sent application (VT)- August, 22 2008

Package received- August, 25 2008

Check cleared - August, 28 2008

Recieved NOA1 - August, 30 2008

Nov-15 traveled to Pakistan to spend time with Irum

Jan-4 arrived back in USA after spend 7 weeks with Irum.

Jan-25 got approved notice online.

Jan-28 received NOA2 in mail.

Jan-29 NVC received

Jan-29 NVC Sent (wow that was quick)

Feb-04 Letter recieved from NVC.

Feb-05 State department confirmed over the phone that the packet 3 has been posted.

Feb-06 recieved packet 3 by mail today.

Feb-27 Packet 3 sent back to Islamabad embassy.

Mar-9 Recieved the interview date letter.

Mar-30 Interviewed and got the Visa (waiting on the passport)

April-2 Got the physical passport

April-16 Entered USA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.