2 posts in this topic

Hello VJ Family,

I have been a PR since 03-04-09 and based on that I will be able file for naturalization on 12-05-11 (90 days prior). I have lived in the US the whole time but I have a huge dilemma right now, I will be leaving the country for internship in Africa from June to September. Then after my internship, I will be starting my masters in London in October. I will be able to come back every 3 months if I have to because I really do not want to restart the entire PR card process.

This is my plan:

Leave the US in June for my internship: June to September: 4 months

Come back to the US in September for 2 weeks ( which means I will be out of the US for only 4 months)

Start my masters in London in October: 5th months.

Come back to the US for winter break and apply for the naturalization.

Then leave in January for school.

Obviously, this plan will require me to come back several times after winter break. My friends are telling me to just keep coming back every 4 to 5 months until I finish my masters this will take one year lasting from October to October then I will apply for the naturalization.

What should I do? What is the best and most effective way? Is this the only way to maintain my PR and not break the residency and be able to apply for naturalization? I don't want to be stranded away from my wife and kids. SO please give me your thoughts and ideas.

FYI: my family will stay here and will maintain my credit cards bills etc...

Has anyone this before?

Please don't judge, or tell me that Im immoral just help me with advice.

Thank you very much!!!

12/15/2005- Enter the US with F1 (Student Visa) Never been Out of Status

03/17/2006- F1 Visa expired but still in status

03/12/2008 - We got married

09/15/2008 - Filed for AOS (I-130, G-325A, I-485, I-693, I-765, I-864)

09/16/2008 - AOS Packet received and signed for by V CHIBA

09/23/2008 - Checks cashed

10/15/2008- Biometrics

10/25/2008- RFE :'(

11/04/2008- Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed.

12/09/2008- EAD, AP Approved!

03/04/2009- INTERVIEW!! APPROVED! DIEU MERCI!!!!!!!! Received STAMP also

12/04/2010- Lifting of conditions- Approved

12/19/2011- N400 mailed

12/27/2011- Check cashed

03/12/2012- Interview Letter Received dated

04/17/2012- Naturalization Interview-PASSED

04/24/2012- Oath Ceremony!

.png

This thread is for those removing conditions ffrom their 2 year green card to get the 10 year card. There won't be as much knowledge of the naturalization process among these readers as they aren't to that point yet. There is a forum about naturalization that would be the best place for your question to get an experienced answer. http://www.visajourn...ral-discussion/

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.