AlexandMaria

Visa Denied in Ciudad Juarez

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hey y'all... I was initially embarassed to post about this, but I figured, hey, what the hell... My fiance's visa was denied because he admitted to smoking marijuana to the doctor during his medical exam. He told the doctor that the last time he smoked was Sept 7, 2005. So, the next day at the interview, the consular officer told him, sorry buddy, you have to be clean for three years. Come back in 2008.

Soooo... cancel all the plans we made, and he is still in Mexico and I'm in Texas again. My family insists that I talk to a lawyer, that maybe somehow that will help the process. I, however, am skeptical. I don't know how a lawyer could possibily get around this, because the law is pretty darn clear.

Can anyone give me advice on the next step I should take?? I tried searching for similar discussions on this forum, but was unable to find anything conclusive. What about a waiver??

Thanks!

That was the dumpest thing i have heard in a long while, You sure he wasn't smoking when he went for his interview?? Why would anybody in his right mind tell an interviewer such a thing. Huh !!

:lol::lol: I know its not funny. cant help but laugh.

honesty really is the best policy.. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

give them some credit.. :lol: in 2008 he will get the visa.. so its ok they will have piece of

mind knowing they told the truth..

shon.gif

Hey y'all... I was initially embarassed to post about this, but I figured, hey, what the hell... My fiance's visa was denied because he admitted to smoking marijuana to the doctor during his medical exam. He told the doctor that the last time he smoked was Sept 7, 2005. So, the next day at the interview, the consular officer told him, sorry buddy, you have to be clean for three years. Come back in 2008.

Soooo... cancel all the plans we made, and he is still in Mexico and I'm in Texas again. My family insists that I talk to a lawyer, that maybe somehow that will help the process. I, however, am skeptical. I don't know how a lawyer could possibily get around this, because the law is pretty darn clear.

Can anyone give me advice on the next step I should take?? I tried searching for similar discussions on this forum, but was unable to find anything conclusive. What about a waiver??

Thanks!

That was the dumpest thing i have heard in a long while, You sure he wasn't smoking when he went for his interview?? Why would anybody in his right mind tell an interviewer such a thing. Huh !!

:lol::lol: I know its not funny. cant help but laugh.

honesty really is the best policy.. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

give them some credit.. :lol: in 2008 he will get the visa.. so its ok they will have piece of

mind knowing they told the truth..

Sometimes, honesty is the dumbest policy. In this case his honesty will hold him in mexico for 3 more years!! Really, this Amigo needs to get to re-hab ASAP and psychologist for a head examination!!! I'm sorry this is not funny but this guy is a DUFUS!

I-129f sent-- 05-26-2006

NOA1 - 06-08-2006

Rfe recieved - 06-30-2006

rfe sent - 06-30-2006

NOA2 - 07-31-2006

NVC received - 08-03-2006

NOA2 recieved in the mail: 08-04-2006

NVC sent : 08-04-2006

NVC letter recieved: 08-10-2006

Embassy confirmed: 08-11-2006

interview date: 11-09-2006

Visa approved : 11-09-2006

Visa recieved : 11-15-200

Yeah, I was definitely mad when my fiance told me he had fessed up to that. But... I was the one who had prepared all the visa stuff and I sort of just filled him in on the details. I guess I forget to have the talk about "remember back when marijuana was your favorite college pastime? Let's pretend that never happened."

He told me that during the medical exam he had to take of all his clothes, and then the doctor left the room. He was left there facing signs that read "lying to this doctor is a federal crime" and things like that. So I guess he got intimidated/scared, and when the doctor came back and started asking him all kinds of questions he just said everything.

The worst part about this whole thing is that the next day, not only did they deny his visa, they took away his tourist visa!! He can't even enter the country! Anyway, I was accepeted to grad school here, so it looks like we'll be apart for the next two years. Ni modo...

I'm sorry, but this post is just too damn funny. How many times has this guy lie to you?? So he can not use his head and no that the post was just an intimidation !!! This Amigo is a clown, you need to drag to a local re-hab and get him clean. He might even be a danger to you. This Amigo really makes me laugh even though it's not funny. I bet he hit that blunt hard after the interview. This a typical example of how drugs fry brain cells.

I-129f sent-- 05-26-2006

NOA1 - 06-08-2006

Rfe recieved - 06-30-2006

rfe sent - 06-30-2006

NOA2 - 07-31-2006

NVC received - 08-03-2006

NOA2 recieved in the mail: 08-04-2006

NVC sent : 08-04-2006

NVC letter recieved: 08-10-2006

Embassy confirmed: 08-11-2006

interview date: 11-09-2006

Visa approved : 11-09-2006

Visa recieved : 11-15-200

Filed: Timeline

Yeah, I was definitely mad when my fiance told me he had fessed up to that. But... I was the one who had prepared all the visa stuff and I sort of just filled him in on the details. I guess I forget to have the talk about "remember back when marijuana was your favorite college pastime? Let's pretend that never happened."

He told me that during the medical exam he had to take of all his clothes, and then the doctor left the room. He was left there facing signs that read "lying to this doctor is a federal crime" and things like that. So I guess he got intimidated/scared, and when the doctor came back and started asking him all kinds of questions he just said everything.

The worst part about this whole thing is that the next day, not only did they deny his visa, they took away his tourist visa!! He can't even enter the country! Anyway, I was accepeted to grad school here, so it looks like we'll be apart for the next two years. Ni modo...

I'm sorry, but this post is just too damn funny. How many times has this guy lie to you?? So he can not use his head and no that the post was just an intimidation !!! This Amigo is a clown, you need to drag to a local re-hab and get him clean. He might even be a danger to you. This Amigo really makes me laugh even though it's not funny. I bet he hit that blunt hard after the interview. This a typical example of how drugs fry brain cells.

Quit it. Tons of college students smoke marijuana but most of the time the consequences aren't so serious. He was just being honest and that's not anything for him to be ashamed of.

To the OP: I'm so sorry to hear about this. I wish you both the best of luck. (F)

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Interesting, it seems we have a pyschic among us, because it certainly never crossed my mind that this guy is lying to her. If he is such an accomplished lier then why didn't he lie to the physician? Whatever!!!

Sorry to hear about your setback. Although it did set you back I do believe honesty is the best policy. Once he does get the visa then his college days won't come back to haunt him because it was already addressed. I hope he learned a lesson from this and keeps himself clean so he can eventually be with you.

BTW, I am amazed at how you are taking this. I haven't fared so well myself. I am tired of this process and I want my husband here NOW...lol You may be young, but I think you are very mature to be handling it this way. Keep it up and the time will fly.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

I am sorry but after reading some of the remarks on here about this poor guy telling the truth I have to comment. The exact same thing happened to my son-in-law. He was raised to tell the truth and he did. He was very nervous going into the interview. He had never experienced anything like this. He was sure that if he lied he would be caught later during the interview and all the signs on the walls say--tell the truth --or you will be caught.. So he did. He has just finished the 2nd year of his 3 year ban. My daughter flies down to see him every 3 months and my whole family goes to spend Christmas with him.

Does he do drugs? NO!!! And without knowing him personally I resent the fact that you judge him. Sounds to me more like you are the one on drugs and maybe you need to talk to a psychriatrist. We filed the FOIA ( if you don't know what that is--its the Freedom of Information Act) so that we can take it with us when we go back next year. It has the medical report in it from the interview --which for your information was all negative- and along with that we will take all the negative drug results that he has had done during the 2 year period to prove that he does not do drugs. He made a stupid mistake when he was younger and now he and my daughter are paying the price. BUT he told the truth!!!! Will you be able to tell your children that YOU told the truth??

Maybe next time before you open your mouth you should engage your brain first. This has been very hard on my daughter and her husband and I am sure for this other couple as well and until you walk in our shoes and their shoes keep your negative comments to yourself please.

Webeback

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.