FutureAmerican

Requesting an earlier Interview/Oath?

4 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I'm currently on vacation back in the UK, visiting family and friends until October 8th. While here, I was told by my Brother in Law (whose been checking our mail for us, and was told by me to open anything from USCIS), that my interview date is November 2nd at 0745. The problem is, that I am scheduled to ship to Army Basic Training on November 1st! I called up the information line, and was asked if I was in the military when I first applied for Naturalization (no), and then the date I joined (swore into) the military (August 10th). They recommended that I set up an Infopass appointment, bring all documentation with me including my military ID and copies of orders showing I have to ship on November 1st...I managed to get an Infopass appointment scheduled for October 12th, and sincerely hope that there may be some way of getting an earlier Interview/Oath before November 1st when I ship to training.

I won't be done with training and back in my home state (I'm with the National Guard) until the end of February, as after I finish basic training, I immediately go onto advanced training at the same post (Ft Benning). I will be back for the "Christmas Exodus" from Dec 20th-Jan 3rd, but I don't know if I would be able to get at interview/oath at that time.

Anyhow, not sure if there's much else I can do apart from see what happens at the Infopass appointment, but I am emailing my recruiter today to see if he has any advice (he has over 20 years in the military, and has been VERY helpful during my whole enlistment process with getting me waivers etc).

Married to my USC Spouse in the UK 08/17/2006

Entered the US with my CR1 on 09/25/2007

Mailed I-751 application on 07/14/2009 to CSC

I-751 package arrived at CSC on 07/16/2009

Check cashed on 07/20/2009

NOA1 Dated 07/16/2009

Biometrics Appointment 08/21/2009

Touched 08/24/2009

APPROVED 09/14/2009

Card Production Ordered 09/22/2009

Card arrived in the mail 09/28/2009

US Citizen as of 10/20/2010!

*IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN WORKING IN SECURITY/LAW ENFORCEMENT/MILITARY IN THE USA, FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME FOR INFO*

i don't know if the military hotline can provide you all the answers you need, but maybe you could also give them a call :)

+18772474645

Luke 18:27 Jesus said" what is impossible to men is possible with God."

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

09/09/09-K-1 visa approved

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

08/26/10-319B n400 starts

11-09-10 Interview 10 AM >Approved

11-09-10 oath 2 PM Fairfax, VA

All glory, praises, thanksgiving and admiration belong only to God.

Jeremiah 29:11 "for i know the plans i have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you¬ harm you, plans to give you hope & a future"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Can tell you from prior military that showing up one day later is also a solution, but highly not recommended, not even good being just a half a second late.

In my brief dealings with the USCIS trying everything in the book to ease excessive delays, the only thing that worked for us is contacting our US senators office. They have the power to make your local office manage jump at a single word. Should treat you very well as you are the one leaving to serve your country and not them. Highly suggest you contact your senators' office. Then you will see some action.

• 2 weeks later...

I had an Infopass appointment today - it went VERY well, as soon as I explained my situation to the USCIS Agent he went to speak to his Supervisor, and came back 5 mins later to tell me they would expedite my case and ensure I get my interview/oath before I ship out for training! :dance:

They also gave me a form confirming my military service, which my Commanding Officer filled out for me (Being National Guard, I get to attend training weekends before Basic, so that is currently my assigned unit).

Married to my USC Spouse in the UK 08/17/2006

Entered the US with my CR1 on 09/25/2007

Mailed I-751 application on 07/14/2009 to CSC

I-751 package arrived at CSC on 07/16/2009

Check cashed on 07/20/2009

NOA1 Dated 07/16/2009

Biometrics Appointment 08/21/2009

Touched 08/24/2009

APPROVED 09/14/2009

Card Production Ordered 09/22/2009

Card arrived in the mail 09/28/2009

US Citizen as of 10/20/2010!

*IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN WORKING IN SECURITY/LAW ENFORCEMENT/MILITARY IN THE USA, FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME FOR INFO*

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.