misr

DS-160 tourist visa process

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

Today my Mother-in-law went for the interview at the US embassy in Cairo. It seems that everything went well. However she was given back her passport and was advised to mail in the passport via DHL. And she was advised to mail it from location near her home. Is this is normal procedure? What does it mean, does this mean that she will get the tourist Visa? Wondering how long does it take now to get the passport back?

Anyone whose relative went through similar process, please let me know - for I am very curious.

Also, she was given some kind of case number to track the status at http://egypt.usembassy.gov/consular/iv8.htm Also, not sure what this means?

Thanks for your response.

--------------------------------

Aug 30, 2008 -- Married in Cairo

Oct 28, 2009 -- Wife arrived USA

Sep 6, 2011 -- Mailed I-751 Packet to lift conditions

Sep 13, 2011 -- NOA received date.

Sep 29, 2011 -- Biometric appointment.

Timeline

Hi there, yes this a normal procedure. My husband's uncle just got his tourist visa a few months ago. He went to the interview, they told him he was approved. To check his case on some link, that it would tell him when to send in his passport. It was about 2-3 weeks by the time it said to mail it in. Then he got it back about in a month.

Timeline

Thank you so very much. I feel greatly relieved and also a little confused. So my Mother-in-law has to wait until her case number appears on that link I provided and then only she should mail out the passport. Right?

Wow, another 6 weeks before she gets the VISA in her hand.

Hi there, yes this a normal procedure. My husband's uncle just got his tourist visa a few months ago. He went to the interview, they told him he was approved. To check his case on some link, that it would tell him when to send in his passport. It was about 2-3 weeks by the time it said to mail it in. Then he got it back about in a month.

--------------------------------

Aug 30, 2008 -- Married in Cairo

Oct 28, 2009 -- Wife arrived USA

Sep 6, 2011 -- Mailed I-751 Packet to lift conditions

Sep 13, 2011 -- NOA received date.

Sep 29, 2011 -- Biometric appointment.

Timeline

Thank you so very much. I feel greatly relieved and also a little confused. So my Mother-in-law has to wait until her case number appears on that link I provided and then only she should mail out the passport. Right?

Wow, another 6 weeks before she gets the VISA in her hand.

I confirmed with my husband. Its about 4-6 weeks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.