hopeful pinay

Buhay Amerika...I am missing life in Philippines!

35 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello to all Pinoys and Pinays here in VJ! Hope everyone's doing well and adjusted to their new life here in the states. I know it will take time for us to be fully adjusted.There really is no place like home...no place like Philippines. :(:luv:

I love the weather here in the east coast, i never liked summer even if I was born and raised in the tropical country like Philippines. I hardly go out when it is too hot unless I am inside the car or when I am at the office where there is a/c. :dance:

I am doing great here, and my husband keep saying that I've been doing very good in adjusting to everything. But of course it is normal to feel homesick once in awhile. In my case that I am pregnant, the more i miss the Philippines, the food and my mom's dishes. :blink: The good thing about it is I learned to cook Filipino dishes when I got here in the states :thumbs: I know it' ironic. :rofl:

Hello to all Pinoys and Pinays here in VJ! Hope everyone's doing well and adjusted to their new life here in the states. I know it will take time for us to be fully adjusted.There really is no place like home...no place like Philippines. :(:luv:

I agree with you! Even if I love my new home here, there is still no place like the Philippines. (L)

By the way, any Pinays here living in Austin, TX? :blink:

LOVE LOVE LOVE

Click here to view my timeline.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

sana nga mg kapit bahay tayo lalo na hndi me maronong mg loto eheehehe. :)

hehehe..ganun b?kung pwede lng sana sis eh y not diba?mgsasawa naman tau s food nyan,,,hahahaha..yung iba natutunan ko n lng cyA dito by experiment cya..hehehe

what would I do without the love you give me.

http://www.slide.com/r/OCQnah5Yvj-ae3fW-YNXizAEbWcGzFT1?previous_view=mscd_embedded_url&view=original

I-129F

09-18-09 I-129F sent Fed-Ex

09-21-09 package was signed for at service center

09-23-06 touched

09-26-09 received NOA1

12-18-09 touched!!!!

12-19-09 got the approval email and text !!!!!

12-21-09 touched!!!!

12-23-09 touched!!!!

12-23-09 received NOA2

12-24-09 NVC received approval!!!!!

01-05-10 NVC told me under Additional Processing!!!!!

01-11-10 NVC sent to manila!!!!!

01-15-10 Manila received DHL

01-20-10 Set interview dates for 02-08-2010

01-25-10 Medical - PASSED!!THANK GOD..

02-08-10 Interview- PASSED!!!! PRAISE GOD..

02-11-10 Received VISA!!!!!GOD IS GREAT..

02-23-10 Bye Phil.Welcome USA!!!Be with me GOD

flight Hawaiin Air leaves 7:50pm arrives 11:59pm in Phoenix!!!!

02-23-10 ARRIVED @ PHOENIX...yepeyyyy........

04-16-10 OUR WEDDING....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

04-21-10 Applied SSN

04-28-10 SSN Recieved

flag.png

I think anyone who has lived in the Philippines for long will miss its charm :) And I totally agree on that fresh produce. My mother goes to the wet market almost everyday to get fresh meat, fish, or vegetables. While here, it is almost "normal" to buy those refrigerated/preserved foods. In laws even buy meat good for two weeks, or cook something for the whole week. I was quite surprised about that :(

Timeline

While here, it is almost "normal" to buy those refrigerated/preserved foods.

I need to disagree. Not every one buy refrigerated food. Not in my house :)

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think anyone who has lived in the Philippines for long will miss its charm :) And I totally agree on that fresh produce. My mother goes to the wet market almost everyday to get fresh meat, fish, or vegetables. While here, it is almost "normal" to buy those refrigerated/preserved foods. In laws even buy meat good for two weeks, or cook something for the whole week. I was quite surprised about that :(

Your parents-in-law do not represent the entire American population. Everything is always a matter of personal preference. My husband and I opt to buy ingredients for our next meal a few hours before we cook. There is nothing frozen in our freezer except ube ice cream and ice cubes. Neither of us buy nor eat frozen meals. I'm sure other people do it differently as well so let's not overgeneralize. :star:

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Ahh, I read my post again. And I agree, it sounded like a generalization, but I did not mean it to sound that way. Should be a personal opinion, only. Wish I could edit, but I did not see edit option.

Apologies for the offense.

I miss the Philippines like you even though I've been here for three years now. Today, I went to see the doctor because I am always having nightmares about my family in the Philippines. The nightmares won't stop. I probably just miss my mom and dad. But hubby says I need to see a psychiatrist. I told the doctor only the crazy people consult with the psychiatrist. But the doctor says the psychiatrist can help me get rid of these nightmares. Not a problem with the food and all that. Doesn't matter how long you've been here anyways.

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Timeline

Ahh, I read my post again. And I agree, it sounded like a generalization, but I did not mean it to sound that way. Should be a personal opinion, only. Wish I could edit, but I did not see edit option.

Apologies for the offense.

No problems...

I miss the Philippines like you even though I've been here for three years now. Today, I went to see the doctor because I am always having nightmares about my family in the Philippines. The nightmares won't stop. I probably just miss my mom and dad. But hubby says I need to see a psychiatrist. I told the doctor only the crazy people consult with the psychiatrist. But the doctor says the psychiatrist can help me get rid of these nightmares. Not a problem with the food and all that. Doesn't matter how long you've been here anyways.

Not that I can help ..but did you have nighmares in the phil also? or they started here?

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!

I have struggled to the worst state I could ever imagine adjusting. Since I am very close to my family (mom and I were just sisters, and my sisters and I were just like best friends) and I have the most adorable, lovable grandparents I could ever asked for... Their love and care and most esp the laughter that only from them I can enjoy are what I missed the most. The foods I can cook myself but the above mention is not available to any of the asian markets around.

It's good thing I have relatives around and was able to take a vacation for 2 months in Idaho, that vacation gave me a taste of pinas life in america wherein I have my cousin whom I did a lot of activities with in filipino way (e.g. Cooking pinoy food almost everyday, laugh trip). The visit has helped me a lot to adjust since I have someone around to mend my lonesomeness. When I'm ready to face the real life in America... I went home to my husband's.

In short, It's important that once you are here in the United States, that you have someone to talk to, do things together (whenever your hubby is not around), and of course find time to discover that inner creativity skills to find out if you have a talent for cross-stitching, crocheting, baking, or any type of activities/hobby to make yourself occupy. In this way, you won't be missing so much all the things you have been missing back home.

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Timeline

I have struggled to the worst state I could ever imagine adjusting. Since I am very close to my family (mom and I were just sisters, and my sisters and I were just like best friends) and I have the most adorable, lovable grandparents I could ever asked for... Their love and care and most esp the laughter that only from them I can enjoy are what I missed the most. The foods I can cook myself but the above mention is not available to any of the asian markets around.

It's good thing I have relatives around and was able to take a vacation for 2 months in Idaho, that vacation gave me a taste of pinas life in america wherein I have my cousin whom I did a lot of activities with in filipino way (e.g. Cooking pinoy food almost everyday, laugh trip). The visit has helped me a lot to adjust since I have someone around to mend my lonesomeness. When I'm ready to face the real life in America... I went home to my husband's.

In short, It's important that once you are here in the United States, that you have someone to talk to, do things together (whenever your hubby is not around), and of course find time to discover that inner creativity skills to find out if you have a talent for cross-stitching, crocheting, baking, or any type of activities/hobby to make yourself occupy. In this way, you won't be missing so much all the things you have been missing back home.

You touched my heart..... (L)

You described the situation to well to say the least.. Thanks for describing the way you did. Things for me to think about when my fiancee comes.

:thumbs:

3.gif

• 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!

Missing Pinas too, especially Christmas approaching. There's no comparison how we celebrated Christmas Holidays in Philippines, The best at all!

Yea, You can't beat the Philippines

Where else can a 45 year old guy bag 22 year old chicks............... :dance:

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Yea, I feel sorry for alot of these girls that come to USA. The first 6 months to 1 years has to be the worst time.

No friends, they can't work due to paperwork, most can't drive or get a driver licenses due to paperwork, their husband working all day long while they sit at home all alone.

It seems that many get pregnant during that period.

I suggest to enjoy your life in the USA for a few years before getting locked down with a baby.

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.