AstroM33

Got an emai from the Embassy

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Below is the email I sent last night to the embassy in Nicaragua regarding my approved petition:

To whom it may concern,

My name is André Morazán and I recently applied for and was approved a fianceé visa for the beneficiary Xochilt Del Carmen Cardenas. The national visa center recently informed me that the the petition was forwarded from their Portsmouth, New Hampshire offices to the U.S. Embassy in Managua. Therefore I would like to inquire about the following:

1.) Has the forwarded petition arrived? If so, when?

2.) How long can I expect it to take before my fianceé receives her packet in the mail with the required forms and interview date?

3.) Are there any preemptive steps I can take now that will help me avoid any delays and/or expedite the process?

The INS receipt for the approved petition is WACxxxxxxxxx.

The case number is MNGxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation.

André Morazán

Amazingly, I got a response the very next morning; today (8/18). In response to question #3 the respondent attached a word document that icnluded all the documents she would need for the interview. Most of the documents that she listed I already knew about because of the AMAZING help here at VJ. However, there were two documents listed which she said are required that trouble me:

1. "If never married, certificate of being single for K-1 visas."

2. "Signed and completed Affidavit of support form I-864EZ."

What in the world do they mean a certificate of being single. How does one become a certified single. I have heard of death, marriage, divorce, and birth, certificates, but never a singles certificate. #######? Has anyone ever heard of something like this? Any suggestions?

As for the affidavit of support, I was under the impression from all the posts that the form that was used was the I-130. Any ideas? Should I just fill out both to make sure?

Luckily in the email the lady gave me her name and phone number with her extension # to call. Unfortunately (surprise, surprise) she did not pick up. I left her a message and a number where she could call me back. I also emailed her a response basically asking her the same questions I am asking here.

I would greatly appreciated any suggestions or advice any of you could give me.

Thanks.

I have read here on VJ that some embassies require different forms. I believe the I-864 is a form similar to the I-134. Perhaps the embassy you are going through uses I-864 instead of I-134?

That's all the help I can give--I have never heard of a certificate of being single.

Filed: Timeline

That is great that they replied and even gave you contact info. Some embassies act like that is highly classified information.

Anyway, what the other poster said about aff of support is correct. There is a new form 864EZ that can take the place of the 864. I forget the difference, but if that is the one the consulate is asking for, that is the one to use.

As to the cert of single, we did not have to provide that for the US embassy but when we got married overseas, the marriage office of the foreign country DID require us to present that before they would marry us. We had just written a letter saying we were single and available to marry and then had it notarized. But when we gave them those letters they said that wasn't good enough. They had a form which basically said the same thing, but printed on their forms and we had to go to some court there to sign in front of them, swear it was true and then they stamped and signed it.

Best bet is to ask them what they want exactly.

Support Family Unity- www.americanfamiliesunited.org. Become a member today!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.p...agua&page=1 this link is a review by a VJer that went through the U.S. Embassy in Niacagura. You can also check the Embassy Info on top. Like everyone else is saying you have to contact the Embassy and see what they require, because the requirement differs from embassy to embassy.

Good Luck :thumbs::yes:

julianb

2004-07-01: Met Hiam my Fiancee in Iraq

2006-03-11: Propose to Hiam and she said "yes"

2006-05-31: I-129F Sent to CSC

2006-06-02: I-129F Received by CSC

2006-06-12: I-129F NOA1 Notice Date

2006-06-16: I-129F NOA1 Arrival Date from CSC

2006-06-23: I-129F RFE IMBRA Notice Date(s)

2006-07-01: I-129F RFE IMBRA NOA Arrival Date from CSC

2007-07-03: RFE Reply(s) I-129F RFE IMBRA NOA Sent to CSC

2006-07-10: Touched I-129F RFE IMBRA NOA Received by CSC

2006-07-31: NOA2 Approved by CSC

2006-08-11: I-129F Received By NVC

2006-08-17: I-129F Sent By NVC To Consulate in Amman, Jordan

2006-08-19: Received Letter from NVC

2006-08-21: Case Receive at Consulate in Amman, Jordan

2006-09-24: Receive Packet 3 Instructions

2007-04-19: Interview Date (successful interview)

2007-04-26: Passport and Visa in hand

2007-05-03: U.S. Entry

2007-05-11: Marriage

2007-06-18: File for AOS I-485 & Biometrics only.

2007-06-19: AOS Receive at USCIS

2007-06-26: AOS NOA I-797C notice date.

2007-07-27: Bio. Appt.

2007-08-15: AOS NOA I-797C Approved notice date.

2007-08-16: Received Green Card in mail.

LOVE IS A STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL THING.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.