sowens

I cant find the info for the waiver

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

OK so I know that I asked a few weeks back if we will need a waiver, but I didnt get a very clear answer. Anyways, I think that I read somewhere that if you overstay 180 or less days you dont need a waiver, if your overstay is more than 180 days you need a waiver. Can anyone point me in the direction where I can read this? My husband has an overstay but it is less than 180 days. I just want to be on the mark and have all documents ready just in case. Thanks in advance

Sherry

I-130

03/29/06-Mailed to TSC

04/03/06-Recieved I-130 @TSC forwarded to CSC

04/05/06-NOA1

04/11/06-Recieved NOA1

07/18/06-NOA-2- Approved

02/09/07-CASE COMPLETED!!!!!!

02/13/07-Case forwarded to Dublin Embassy!!!

04/26/07-Interveiw!!

04/26/07- VISA in Hand!!!!

July-2007-Niall finishes work & comes home!!!

We had delays in our journey that were not part of the immigration process, please do not use our "timeline" as an accurate guide!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I will try to find a link for you(someone should have it somewhere).

I am 99% sure that you will NOT need to file a waiver for an overstay of less than 180 days!

hang on-someone will verify ;)

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"

there is a link now in the pinned guide but I think this is the section you want.

(B) ALIENS UNLAWFULLY PRESENT.-

(i) In general.-Any alien (other than an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence) who-

(I) was unlawfully present in the United States for a period of more than 180 days but less than 1 year, voluntarily departed the United States (whether or not pursuant to section 244(e)) prior to the commencement of proceedings under section 235(B)(1) or section 240, and again seeks admission within 3 years of the date of such alien's departure or removal, or

(II) has been unlawfully present in the United States for one year or more, and who again seeks admission within 10 years of the date of such alien's departure or removal from the United States,is inadmissible.

(ii) Construction of unlawful presence.-For purposes of this paragraph, an alien is deemed to be unlawfully present in the United States if the alien is present in the United States after the expiration of the period of stay authorized by the Attorney General or is present in the United States without being admitted or paroled.

(iii) Exceptions.-

(I) Minors.-No period of time in which an alien is under 18 years of age shall be taken into account in determining the period of unlawful presence in the United States under clause (I).

(II) Asylees.-No period of time in which an alien has a bona fide application for asylum pending under section 208 shall be taken into account in determining the period of unlawful presence in the United States under clause (i) unless the alien during such period was employed without authorization in the United States.

(III) Family unity.-No period of time in which the alien is a beneficiary of family unity protection pursuant to section 301 of the Immigration Act of 1990 shall be taken into account in determining the period of unlawful presence in the United States under clause (I).

(IV) Battered women and children.-Clause (i) shall not apply to an alien who would be described in paragraph (6)(A)(ii) if "violation of the terms of the alien's nonimmigrant visa" were substituted for "unlawful entry into the United States" in subclause (III) of that paragraph.

SHA ZAM!!! I-601 WAIVER APPROVED......10/13/06

11/18/06 Arrived

12/21/06 Filed for Social Security number

12/22/06 Married

01/03/2007 Social Security number arrived

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

02/07 Received RFE and returned information within 2 days

2/24/07 Transferred to California

2/26/07 Received letter (Transfer to California)

3/1/07 AOS email confirmation that case was received in California

3/2/07 AOS Touched again today but no update.

3/5/07 AOS another touch but no update.

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

4/10/07 EAD card ordered.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

6/25/2009 Received biometrics letter

7/13/2009 Biometrics appointment at Indianapolis Indiana

Timeline

Thanks Colleen and Bailey! By the looks of it we dont need a waiver since it was less than 180 days. If I missread it hopefully someone will correct me. Thanks again!

Sherry

I-130

03/29/06-Mailed to TSC

04/05/06-NOA1

04/11/06-Recieved NOA1

07/18/06-NOA-2- Approved

04/26/07-Interveiw!!

We had delays in our journey that were not part of the immigration process, please do not use our "timeline" as an accurate guide!

Timeline

Yeah by what I have seen and by what some very friendly person explained to me in pm , We dont need one. What a relief!

Thanks again everyone!!!

Sherry

I-130

03/29/06-Mailed to TSC

04/05/06-NOA1

04/11/06-Recieved NOA1

07/18/06-NOA-2- Approved

04/26/07-Interveiw!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.