Bad_Daddy

Is Europe tiring of its immigrants?

121 posts in this topic

Cleo :lol: Cleo :lol: Cleo :lol: Cleo :lol:

It's nice and all for you to quote up to the 8th generation I believe, however we are talking about present immigration trends and issues. Unfortunately prior to the last few decades, the same group of migrants you are defending has never successfully immigrated anywhere without war. The First Mosque was built in the US in the 20's I believe, whereas 8 generations ago, Europeans had barely landed in the US. Terra Australis had not even been discovered yet by your ancestors; though based on new research, it's now widely believed that the Dutch had actually discovered Australia back in the 15th Century.

You also seem to confuse immigrants like the Greeks who fled the Ottoman Empire, or the Greeks and Italians who migrated to Australia after WWII, to the new wave who have never ever migrated or assimilated outside our very own generation, let alone the 8th you claim. Mixing Pita with Bratwurst, pesto with Shepard Pies is a little different to having people with diametrically opposed ideologies migrate to western countries. Greeks and Italians had been at war for the last 2,500 years, yet we get along like a house on fire now. Why? Because while we have our unique differences, our fundamentals in life are similar.

In the past, you have conveniently used history [like slavery] to explain the present. Perhaps you can enlighten me with what Australians have done to Lebanese Muslim youth, to cause the huge problems now faced by the country, with this one particular group. Or the chronic violence seen in Sweden or even France by the equivalent new immigrants.

Once again, you quote something I posted, but yet nothing in your 'response' addresses anything at all in that post.

Stop quoting me unless you have something to say that is relevant, it really makes you look silly.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .