Dr. A ♥ O

MENA Daily Chat 1.0

440 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Happy Hump Day everyone!

Charles, glad to see ya here!

Aya, sorry about the bill, yeah, medical care is so ridiculous here! Check out some of the local department stores. They are probably looking for help over the holidays now! That would be something to make it through until you go to Egypt!

Olivia~I would LOVE to stay in a haunted house even for just one night! :lol: Well if hubby stays with me!!! :blush:

MsW~ I hope your daughter and you are doing better!

I hope everyone else is great too!!:thumbs:

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Timeline

Happy Hump Day! kicking.gif

PushkarCamels.jpg

Thank you Aya, Jeanne, Jenell & Andrea! Right now dh is leaving October 30th still and we changed his ticket to come back Dec. 17th. His family won't know until the end of November if his Sister is approved for another year of study from the university back home. Right now they can stay up until Jan. 4th. If his family is approved to stay for another year then we discussed last night sending him back to Baltimore after the holidays for more observer-ships and taking both steps of the second USMLE. It's important to show that he is still in the medical field during his study for the USMLE. We're told that when going for a residency they don't like large gaps in their medical field. Plus there is the written exam which is part one and then there is the clinical exam which is only available in 6 cities around the US and one city is D.C. where his Sister took it. It's an hour train ride from Baltimore. If he did it from here the closest city is LA and he wouldn't have observer-ships. His family there knows how to get there by train ride and where the testing places are already. We are so lucky to have her and her husband as guides during this process. I'm really so excited for this opportunity for him/us. It feels like things are finally moving along after watching him study for months.

Edited by Cleocatra

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

thursday-10.gif

I've been up since 5 am working on updating the AOS June Filers list and after 8 hours I'm still not done with it. Ugh. No wonder the person updating it disappeared. blush.gif

I'm supposed to go to the haunted house today for house sitting this next week but obviously I'm procrastinating that no matter how many times people ask me today if I've moved from my spot on the couch, when I'm getting out of my pj's and when will I leave to go to the other house. I don't plan to go until this evening because there is nothing to do until then.

Have a Happy Thursday Everybody!

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

Happy Thursday everyone!

I'm at work trying not to...LOL:blush:

Update on our end...now that hubby got his DL he has been burning up the road....well now he is a proud owner of a used Jeep Grand Cherokee.... Yep, he ended up finding a used car, now I'll never keep up with him!! :lol:

It needs some minor work but all in all it's a pretty good car. Now I can have mine back! It was so cute last night, he got home from work a little after 9:30pm and he was outside washing and vacuuming out his car! In the dark!! He up bright and early this morning. I found him sitting in his car around 7:45 reading his owner manual and checking out all the gadgets on the dash board!

Gee, I wish I could get that excited about something!:luv:

Anyways, Olivia, get off that couch and go check on the haunted house before it gets dark outside!!!!

Hope everyone is having a great day!:thumbs:

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

(to match GC!)

Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012

event.png

Timeline

Happy Thursday everyone!

I'm at work trying not to...LOL:blush:

Update on our end...now that hubby got his DL he has been burning up the road....well now he is a proud owner of a used Jeep Grand Cherokee.... Yep, he ended up finding a used car, now I'll never keep up with him!! :lol:

It needs some minor work but all in all it's a pretty good car. Now I can have mine back! It was so cute last night, he got home from work a little after 9:30pm and he was outside washing and vacuuming out his car! In the dark!! He up bright and early this morning. I found him sitting in his car around 7:45 reading his owner manual and checking out all the gadgets on the dash board!

Gee, I wish I could get that excited about something!:luv:

Anyways, Olivia, get off that couch and go check on the haunted house before it gets dark outside!!!!

Hope everyone is having a great day!:thumbs:

:D Thanks hon! After 8.5 hours I'm done with updating the AOS June Filers list and just posted it. I can finally get off my sleep deprived rump and go about my day. tongue.gif

I had a dream I had a little red sports car and it was hot. Congrats on the new Jeep. I wish I could get that excited too. good.gif

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

Good morning MENA!!! It's Friday!!! I missed posting, bummer :unsure: Anyway, hello to everyone!!! Hey Jeanne, Olivia, Andrea, BBA, Charles, Aya and anyone else I may have forgotten :thumbs::thumbs: I pray everyone is well... I had two ultrasound this week :wacko: plus labwork twice :wacko: now comes the bills for that$$$$$$ :crying: I'm still in pain when I sneeze or cough on my right side where maybe my kidneys are.. but the ultrasound showed nothing.. I had my gallbladder removed in 2007 after I got back from Egypt.. I was sick when I was there but I didn't know why... I really couldn't eat much, which was strange for me because I love food :star: so I have noooooooo idea what is wrong with me but I pray they find out soon... I'm tired of being scared to sneeze because it hurts. :crying: I'm so ready to move.. there are always people shooting in the neighborhood like this morning for instance.. I had good parents and they raised me well.. I don't bother anyone and always try to help people... I mean I had just taken Autumn to school.. what if they were shooting while we were there... I called the police to patrol the area.. instead they saw my husband on the porch and starting talking to him... haven't they heard of an anonymous call :wacko: what are they trying to get us killed... as soooooooooonnn as I get enough money, I'm moving, mother included.. she's too old to be going through this.. what is wrong with people :bonk::help:

Edited by FaithfulandTrue

Passage Revelation 19:11:

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

"satan is real and he's playing for keeps
God is realer and we are His sheep
which side are you on, CHOOSE, start moving your feet
choose JESUS and have ETERNAL PEACE" by GOD to me on 9/26/10 about 2am
Thank you Jesus!!!!

Bebe and Cece Winans Heaven

Abdel Halim Hafez Qariat al Fingan

Timeline

Happy Friday everyone!

((Jenell)) stay safe!!! It was like that when I was in Atlanta! Weekly they had something going on at my daughter's school, and we lived outside the perimeter!!! I couldn't move fast enough from that place!!

I hope you do feel better! Do it only hurt when you cough or sneeze? And is it more up around your ribcage?

I had a friend who coughed so hard from pleurisy that she actually strained her costalphrenic muscles (muscles between your ribs)

Talking about painfull!! I hope they can figure out what is wrong with you!:(

Well I finally got into gear and started to get my name changed on everything! We have only been married for 1 1/2 year, do ya think it was about time???? LOL:yes: What a pain in the A**!!! In Florida, you have to all the paperwork to show any name changes you may have had previously. Meaning, my maiden name (birth ceritificate), 1st marriage license to my ex,(to show that name change), Divorce papers, then new marriage certificate!!! Who saves their previous marriage certificate if they are now divorced?????

NOT ME!!!:angry: LUCKILY I have a unexpired passport that waivers the previous name change!! Whew!! so I was able to knock out the driver's license, car tag registration AND voter's registration all in one visit!! :goofy:

I'm ready for the weekend!!!!!!

Have a great day everybody!

(to match GC!)

Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012

event.png

Timeline

Hey Mena Peeps!

Paper work is all signed and sent off back to the loan office to start on our loan, hoping it will be finished by our closing date of Nov 5th.

Jeanne, I've tons of ideas but havent bought any paint yet bcz I'm waiting til our closing date. The living room and kitchen run right into each other. As soon as you walk in through the front door you see the kitchen back wall... I'm thinking to do a candy apple red color on the front and back wall and a lime green or mint green on the living room and kitchen side walls. I'm also looking for someone artistic to paint Eygptian murials on the computer room for Adam. The other room, master bedroom, the bathroom and laundry colors are all undecided at the moment.

Adam has been working 12 hour shift for 5 days at a time, then off 2... I think he'll be doing that for 2 months. So, 20 hours of overtime a week is going to be nice on the next paychecks from here forward!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Aya, that is crazy about the price of the hospital! Was going to a regular doc clinic possible? I believe that would have been less expensive... And on the bill you have... you can ask if you can just pay alittle at a time, as long as its payments being made, they should be fine.

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Timeline

And Jenell & AndSam... yah, that is one of the biggest reasons I wanted to leave Atlanta after 12 years there. The crime is horrible! Our apartment complex got robbed about 8 different times in 1yr. My walmart had been robbed at the service desk and at gun point. That was my night to close but I had to work earlier that day so it was my coworker that got robbed and the cashier had the gun to her head. My SS # DOB, phone number and name had been stolen last year and used all up.... even used back in Atlanta while I've been here in Texas. We had women robbed at knife point and gun point in the walmart parking lot, alot! I've been stalked by a male when leaving a store and he tried to get inside my car with me, then when I backed out, he got into his car right across from mine and tried to follow me in the parking lot. It was wayyyyy toooo much!

Edited by ~PalmTreeGurl~
10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Timeline

Hey Andrea and Tamara.. Andrea the pain is a little below my rib cage... yes it hurts at other times like when I'm bending down to pick up something or to twist my body to turn.. but to sneeze(I accidently said sh!t to habibi while I was on the phone with him).. it hurt soooooooo bad..I had to apologize though, he knew I didn't mean it... So Tamara, you and Andrea both stayed in Atlanta and it was bad :wacko: I really wanted to move there :unsure: Oh well.. anyway Congrats on your hubby's car Andrea and Congrats on your new house Tamara :thumbs::dance::thumbs::dance: nothing like real estate and transportation :luv::yes: aw man Atlanta, you have Six Flags :luv: why are you acting the way Atlanta, whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :crying::(

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Thank you Jesus!!!!

Timeline

And Jenell & AndSam... yah, that is one of the biggest reasons I wanted to leave Atlanta after 12 years there. The crime is horrible! Our apartment complex got robbed about 8 different times in 1yr. My walmart had been robbed at the service desk and at gun point. That was my night to close but I had to work earlier that day so it was my coworker that got robbed and the cashier had the gun to her head. My SS # DOB, phone number and name had been stolen last year and used all up.... even used back in Atlanta while I've been here in Texas. We had women robbed at knife point and gun point in the walmart parking lot, alot! I've been stalked by a male when leaving a store and he tried to get inside my car with me, then when I backed out, he got into his car right across from mine and tried to follow me in the parking lot. It was wayyyyy toooo much!

Did you make a police report, also report that to the fraud department at SSA and also contact your 3 credit bureaus at www.annualcreditreport.com.. make sure you get your free report each year just to check to see if there's anything on there that shouldn't be.. I'm so sorry about the robberies and glad no one was hurt.. :wow:

kicking.gif Happy Friday Everyone! kicking.gif

Lets do the Friday dance! It gets kicked off at 00:53 in the video. :D

Livie when did you sneak in.. How are you doing :luv:

Thank you Jesus!!!!

Timeline

kicking.gif Happy Friday Everyone! kicking.gif

Lets do the Friday dance! It gets kicked off at 00:53 in the video. :D

LOL I love it!!

(to match GC!)

Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012

event.png

Timeline

Isn't it a great dance! laughing.gif

Unfortunately I have some bad news that killed my Friday dance. cry.gif

We went to the grocery store and tried to buy a measly $10 worth of groceries and we were declined twice. When we got home we called the bank and then we were told that someone in Mesa, AZ was using my Husband's debit card spending up to $800 on it in a day so they froze the account. We had to go through a series of security questions and file an inquiry claim. They cancelled his card and reissued a new one but now we have to dispute all the charges from this person who stole his card information. It really sucks because this is our joint bank account that was affected. The one we pay bills with and now we don't have our money because his debit card information was stolen and that money was spent and pending under investigation. huh2.gif

This has never happened to me before on my account and I just don't understand how someone could get his debt card information or how he could be targeted by a thief after he jut arrived in this country.

I'm hoping that this is an isolated incident and someone only stole his debit card information and not his identity. He barely just got his GC and we barely just applied for his SS #.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.