BigFig94

Proof of Relationship Question

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I haven't had a chance to get on here much but with my fiancee's interview rapidly approaching in Manila, I thought I would pose a few questions about proof of relationship. Just wondering since I will be at the interview with her if I needed things such as phone bills? The reason I am asking is because most of our conversation is in chat messages since I got her a computer more than a year ago. I went back to my phone provider and they want 50 bucks per month for bills that are older than they have available online. I think it is an incredible rip off but I will do it if necessary.

I also made many calls through Yahoo Voice prior to her being in an area where there is DSL. I also cannot get those records it seems. I can however show the charges made through my checking account for Yahoo at ten bucks per recharge. It does not show who I called but it shows the money being deducted. I also have many Moneygram receipts showing the money I sent to pay for her school and all living expenses. I also have receipts showing large boxes of food and items for living that I sent in the last 18 months. I will be giving her the engagement ring when I get there so that is also proof.

Am I mistaken in thinking that so much proof is not necessary given the fact I will be there? I feel that flying across the globe to be present at her interview should show a commitment level on my part and be constituted as proof of our relationship. I would appreciate any input on this matter because I don't want to caught with less than I need but at the same time I don't want to be paranoid and bring several reams of documents. Thanks in advance for all the input folks, all of you are a fantastic resource! :D

5/2006 - We met in Yahoo Political Chat Room

6/2007 - Lost touch although we were friends

1/2009 - Gloria finally contacted me again

2/2010 - Spend two weeks together in the Philippines

6/08/2010 - Sent Application to VSC

6/10/2010 - Application received by USCIS

6/22/2010 - NOA1

7/19/2010 - Touched

7/19/2010 - NOA2 Approved!

7/22/2010 - NVC Received

7/23/2010 - Left NVC to USEM

7/25/2010 - USEM Received

7/29/2010 - Letter Sent to Beneficiary

9/28/2010 - Interview Concluded

9/28/2010 - VISA Approved but will not be issued without further NBI Clearance

10/8/2010 - Waiting for word from Embassy on VISA Issuance

10/27/2010 - VISA released to Air 21

10/28/2010 - received VISA in Cebu

11/4/2010 - Flight to New York (JFK)

11/4/2010 - POE JFK

Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I haven't had a chance to get on here much but with my fiancee's interview rapidly approaching in Manila, I thought I would pose a few questions about proof of relationship. Just wondering since I will be at the interview with her if I needed things such as phone bills? The reason I am asking is because most of our conversation is in chat messages since I got her a computer more than a year ago. I went back to my phone provider and they want 50 bucks per month for bills that are older than they have available online. I think it is an incredible rip off but I will do it if necessary.

I also made many calls through Yahoo Voice prior to her being in an area where there is DSL. I also cannot get those records it seems. I can however show the charges made through my checking account for Yahoo at ten bucks per recharge. It does not show who I called but it shows the money being deducted. I also have many Moneygram receipts showing the money I sent to pay for her school and all living expenses. I also have receipts showing large boxes of food and items for living that I sent in the last 18 months. I will be giving her the engagement ring when I get there so that is also proof.

Am I mistaken in thinking that so much proof is not necessary given the fact I will be there? I feel that flying across the globe to be present at her interview should show a commitment level on my part and be constituted as proof of our relationship. I would appreciate any input on this matter because I don't want to caught with less than I need but at the same time I don't want to be paranoid and bring several reams of documents. Thanks in advance for all the input folks, all of you are a fantastic resource! :D

First, congrats on your relationship!

These are some of the things I did when my fiancee' (now wife!) for her interview in July '09. I am not sure if there was a significant impact on our "proof", but we were approved quickly and maybe had some impact. These were on top of all the required documents (finance/bank info, employment records etc.).

1. She printed out a few chat messages from various dates to show a steady "chat" relationship. Yahoo messenger has a "history" chat log. She printed maybe 20 different dates.

2. I too sent her moneygram/xoom transfers to assist in living expenses. I included these receipts, again to show financial support.

3. She kept the wrappers and envelops from various boxes and cards I sent her. She had them in the package at her interview.

4. I sent her my expired (store bought kind) calling card I used to phone her from time to time. There was no way to get a print-out of the times or calling destination but I included it anyway.

My wife's interview lasted 10-15 minutes or so. She told me the officer asked her a few general and basic questions about us....how we meet, where I live, my age, my job etc. The officer looked at all the documents but mainly at my tax and finance stuff. This seems to be what the embassy concentrates on.....your ability to support her once here in the US.

Not sure if the extra proof was needed, but I doubt it would hurt.

Congrats and best wishes.

Edited by gary9891

Hi,

I saw your status here & your concerne about the " proofs". Regarding the phone calls proofs: don't worry much as long as you have 3-5 saved calls of archive from yahoo/whatever means of calling you made bring it in the interview. If possible if you can bring the very first proof of your relationship like the chat archives 2006 if you still have, that's one of the proof that you started you know eachother and pick 3-5 chat's in a year since back then you started chatting & if you do have postal mail, reciepts of transactions you made, travel proofs,photos that you did meet each other in the Philippines and that engagement you are planning ofcourse. Have a copy of your passport stams of entry and departure when you went to the Philippines. I suggest to put in envelopes/folder organize and label each folder in front of it that all in that files this will help your time and fell you relax that all are in tact: like one folder are all her documents such as copy of her passport.authenticated birth cert.(NSO copy),etc.,; Filled up Forms with signature & date prior to interivew date, Affidavit of Support, W2. ITR,: and another file of folder of you and hers like chat proofs/emails, calls,letters if you have,; put all the photos you have together in a Ziploc/ transparent bag ( note: don't let her bring the album because the windows at the embassy are too small). Hope this will help for you guys..trust me this all what I did and all my documents are intact/ organize and I all have my genuine proofs, I felt nervous and anxious honestly but what I did on my documents went great and it helps alot, I was only one who went to the interview. Your fiancee will be lucky because you have her on that day. Your presence will counts but mostly the interview will be to her. Don't don't her forget to bring her NOA's the embassy office will ask this/ and proof of payment stamped by the bank. Whatever you wrote on your Letter of Intent you submitted when you filled the petition is one of hints to remember & your important dates relationships since you'd met. " Don't mind the fixer outside the embassy they will mess you up and they will distract you this & that :dance: . As long as you all have printed updated forms and genuine you'll be good and safe. :thumbs: Good luck to both! :)

Timeline

Good day...you can make use of the receipts you have from Yahoo...same like ours, we just have receipt from the prepaid cards that my fiance used whenever he calls me(although it doesn't show the recepient, it shows the country,Phil...)..just have few copies of evidences, coz they won't be checking it one by one, they would just scan if you had correspondence over the time(just get 1 copy of email per month)..what they would really check is the I-134 Affidavit of Support that she will be brining during her interview. :thumbs:

:ot2: you should also rather prepare yourself than worrying about those evidences..coz you might be asked as well..a friend of mine told us that it's not a guarantee if your petitioner will be with you during your interview..there was one case that was denied becoz when asked about some certain questions, they gave different answers..so the CO questioned their relationship(it's sad to hear cases like that)..anyways, knowing that you two have been together for quite some time, I'm sure you two know each other well enough for the interview..don't worry so much, everything will be alright..have faith and stay in love!!..God bless on the upcoming interview!! :D

* K1 Journey

2009-12-09 -met online

2009-23-09 -became a couple(was so happy:)

2010-21-03 -visited Philippines(spent wonderful times together)

2010=27-03 -engaged(Yes!!)

2010-09-04 -went back to US :(

2010-29-04 -Filed I-29F

2010-04-05 -Received NOA1

2010-12-07 -NOA2 approved

2010-18-07 -Received NOA2 hardcopy

2010-26-07 -US Embassy(Manila) received our petition!!..(yahoo!!)

2010-04-08 -HAPPY BDAY MATT!!

2010-18-08 -Medical Exam-PASSED!!..God is so good!!

2010-26-08 -Interview @ USEmbassy- APPROVED( Thank you Lord!)

2010-03-09 -Got my Visa in Hand!!..Yepey..Thank God!!..

2010-17-09 -POE:SFO,CA

2010-23-10 -Wedding @ Springfield, MO

* AOS Journey

2010-07-12 -Filed for AOS & EAD(USPS Express Mail)

2010-08-12 -USCIS received the package

2010-14-12 -Received text & email from USCIS that they accepted our AOS & EAD Application..HAPPY BDAY MARIA!!

2010-20-12 -Got our NOA1 letters in the mail for our I-485 & I-765...A wonderful Christmas gift for us!!

2011-19-01 -Received Biometrics schedule!!

2011-07-02 -Biometrics done!!..thanked God!!

2011-17-03 -AOS Interview..APPROVED!!

2011-24-03 -GREENCARD received!!..it's green indeed!!..lol..

Timeline

Hi,

I saw your status here & your concerne about the " proofs". Regarding the phone calls proofs: don't worry much as long as you have 3-5 saved calls of archive from yahoo/whatever means of calling you made bring it in the interview. If possible if you can bring the very first proof of your relationship like the chat archives 2006 if you still have, that's one of the proof that you started you know eachother and pick 3-5 chat's in a year since back then you started chatting & if you do have postal mail, reciepts of transactions you made, travel proofs,photos that you did meet each other in the Philippines and that engagement you are planning ofcourse. Have a copy of your passport stams of entry and departure when you went to the Philippines. I suggest to put in envelopes/folder organize and label each folder in front of it that all in that files this will help your time and fell you relax that all are in tact: like one folder are all her documents such as copy of her passport.authenticated birth cert.(NSO copy),etc.,; Filled up Forms with signature & date prior to interivew date, Affidavit of Support, W2. ITR,: and another file of folder of you and hers like chat proofs/emails, calls,letters if you have,; put all the photos you have together in a Ziploc/ transparent bag ( note: don't let her bring the album because the windows at the embassy are too small). Hope this will help for you guys..trust me this all what I did and all my documents are intact/ organize and I all have my genuine proofs, I felt nervous and anxious honestly but what I did on my documents went great and it helps alot, I was only one who went to the interview. Your fiancee will be lucky because you have her on that day. Your presence will counts but mostly the interview will be to her. Don't don't her forget to bring her NOA's the embassy office will ask this/ and proof of payment stamped by the bank. Whatever you wrote on your Letter of Intent you submitted when you filled the petition is one of hints to remember & your important dates relationships since you'd met. " Don't mind the fixer outside the embassy they will mess you up and they will distract you this & that :dance: . As long as you all have printed updated forms and genuine you'll be good and safe. :thumbs: Good luck to both! :)

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: Agree...btw, update your letter of intent to marry nearer to her interview date and don't forget to include at least 3-5 recent pay stubs in your I-134...as for us, they didn't ask about our NOAs...be blessed!!

* K1 Journey

2009-12-09 -met online

2009-23-09 -became a couple(was so happy:)

2010-21-03 -visited Philippines(spent wonderful times together)

2010=27-03 -engaged(Yes!!)

2010-09-04 -went back to US :(

2010-29-04 -Filed I-29F

2010-04-05 -Received NOA1

2010-12-07 -NOA2 approved

2010-18-07 -Received NOA2 hardcopy

2010-26-07 -US Embassy(Manila) received our petition!!..(yahoo!!)

2010-04-08 -HAPPY BDAY MATT!!

2010-18-08 -Medical Exam-PASSED!!..God is so good!!

2010-26-08 -Interview @ USEmbassy- APPROVED( Thank you Lord!)

2010-03-09 -Got my Visa in Hand!!..Yepey..Thank God!!..

2010-17-09 -POE:SFO,CA

2010-23-10 -Wedding @ Springfield, MO

* AOS Journey

2010-07-12 -Filed for AOS & EAD(USPS Express Mail)

2010-08-12 -USCIS received the package

2010-14-12 -Received text & email from USCIS that they accepted our AOS & EAD Application..HAPPY BDAY MARIA!!

2010-20-12 -Got our NOA1 letters in the mail for our I-485 & I-765...A wonderful Christmas gift for us!!

2011-19-01 -Received Biometrics schedule!!

2011-07-02 -Biometrics done!!..thanked God!!

2011-17-03 -AOS Interview..APPROVED!!

2011-24-03 -GREENCARD received!!..it's green indeed!!..lol..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.