38 posts in this topic

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just an update, my daughter was at the Embassy in Manila today and was asked to leave her passport and so as her baby’s passport. After months of processing and calling the NVC, the wait is finally over. Thanks to my fellow VJ’ers! Thanks guys for all the inputs and inspiring words. 

Timeline

@Mayette: Yes a copy would work. I scanned mine and email it to her and she just printed it in Manila but because I wanted to be on the safest side possible, I also send the hardcopy via fedex. Hope it helps. Good luck on your journey.

Filed: Other Timeline

Administrative Review and/or Administrative Processing

After Your Visa Interview

Administrative Review: Is when your case is being looked at more closely for accuracy and to make sure all security name and fingerprint checks have cleared and your visa can be adjudicated.

Administrative Processing: Means once you have interviewed it is in security checks for any of these situations: you have had a name hit in one of the many data bases, background checks for fraud, or has missing and incomplete information that must be submitted and the rechecked. Processing is more in depth and than the review process and there is no time limit for this processing to complete. Administrative processing can last a few days or months and in some cases it has endured for years.

What is 221(g)?

The 221(g) is a section of the US Immigration and Nationality Act, which is used when the embassy or consulate are unable to take immediate action on a visa case. In rare cases, when additional processing is required, the suspense category used in that case is 221(g) while the additional processing takes place. For example, sometimes the applicant has failed to bring in the correct documentation, has incomplete information or in some cases the embassy wants a co sponsor before they will issue the visa or health reasons are all reasons a 221(g) is issued. In the Middle East/African/ Asian countries these applicants are scrutinized and screened more intensely and thus they have to wait out longer security or fraud investigations until all verifications for security or suspected fraud come back cleared.

is her son already include in the petition when you filed it? or she just added him while she's processing her paper?

Guys do you have any idea if we can present just the photocopy of I-797? or original is necessary?

Timeline

Which i-797 are you talking about? Notice of Action? If yes, a photocopy will do. In my case, when my daughter needed it, I had to scan it and she printed it in Manila.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh! I’m keeping my fingers crossed but will definitely update! Thanks guys ;)

BUSYWOMAN,

could you give us update on your daughter's case? is visa release for her and for the baby?

from what i understand it took 10 yrs to wait for approval?

just wanna know.

K-1 TIMELINE

SENT TO CSC 4-18- 08

NOA1 RCVD 4-22- 08

NOA2 RCVD 9-11- 08

MEDICAL 10-14&15, 08 PASSED

INTERVIEW 10-27- 08 APPROVED

VISA RCVD 11-7 - 08

FLIGHT TO USA 11-19- 08 POE SEATTLE

WEDDING 11-29- 08 RED LODGE

AOS TIMELINE

1- 13- 09 SENT TO CHICAGO

1- 19- 09 NOA1

1- 26- 09 RCVD BIOMETRICS LETTER

2- 11- 09 BIOMETRICS DONE

2- 20- 09 CASE TRANSFER TO CSC

3- 24- 09 RCVD AP IN MAIL

4- 2 - 09 RCVD EAD IN MAIL

4- 10- 09 APPLIED SS CARD , CHANGE OF FAMILY NAME

4- 16- 09 GOT MY GREENCARD WITHOUT INTERVIEW

Timeline

@ rondinjotian: a copy is fine.

@ donlalaine: Received the docs today via Air21 (which btw is also Fedex). Will be entering SFO on the 25th. Advice from NVC was received on Feb and started processing all the important papers. But yes, you're right it took almost ten years to process.

The long wait is finally over. Thanks for all the support and I will still be here to answer any questions you guys have. Without Visa Journey, this would have been a very stressful one but rather it became a very easy/smooth one.

Goodluck to all of you! Darnell, thanks a lot as well!!

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.