25 posts in this topic

I hear some one saying that the police certificate here in Jamaica now expires after 1 month, is this true has any had that experience,i did mine in july and the website says it good if done after June 16 i think

Please be advice that the Consular can make changes and request anything that it deems necessary. In saying that the PC could have a validation date today for six months, then tomorrow the Consular may say PC's are only valid for one month for date of issue.

I would not get a PC report to far in-advance of the interview date, it will only be money wasted. Please understand, the country is still under a some type of state of emergency. Therefore the US considers PC reports are not acurate or up to date. This is not the US fault, so just be patient.

Good luck.

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Jamaica is always under a state of emergency. People are murdered here everyday. Hence my point. The US Consulars behave as if they don't know that this country is run by money and corruption. The Police are the corrupt ones and it amazes me that we the Citizens are always made to pay for either Politicians or Police mistakes. To expedite a Police Certificate it costs $2,000.00 JMD. I would hope that the United States Embassy would publish some form of notice to the pending Immigrants to ease the financial burden to tell us of the procedures pertaining to Police Certificates.

This would save us a lot of money. This Journey to gain legal entry into the United States is very expensive. A little bit of information along the way would be much appreciated, I think.

Jamaica is always under a state of emergency. People are murdered here everyday. Hence my point. The US Consulars behave as if they don't know that this country is run by money and corruption.

The Police are the corrupt ones and it amazes me that we the Citizens are always made to pay for either Politicians or Police mistakes
. To expedite a Police Certificate it costs $2,000.00 JMD. I would hope that the United States Embassy would publish some form of notice to the pending Immigrants to ease the financial burden to tell us of the procedures pertaining to Police Certificates.

This would save us a lot of money. This Journey to gain legal entry into the United States is very expensive. A little bit of information along the way would be much appreciated, I think.

I understand how you feel, but the US don't run the JA govt. Hensce the good thing is that the US still allow JA's to migrate, look at some of the other countries that visas are denied on a regular basis, Nigeria, Vietnam to name a few.

As far as publishing information, the US doesn't request a PC until the NVC stage, and usually an interview is granted within a months time, until there are problems at the NVC stage. But the US Embassy in Jamaica does have information on their web-site about the PC reports, so keep looking there for any updates. :thumbs:

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I understand how you feel, but the US don't run the JA govt. Hensce the good thing is that the US still allow JA's to migrate, look at some of the other countries that visas are denied on a regular basis, Nigeria, Vietnam to name a few.

As far as publishing information, the US doesn't request a PC until the NVC stage, and usually an interview is granted within a months time, until there are problems at the NVC stage. But the US Embassy in Jamaica does have information on their web-site about the PC reports, so keep looking there for any updates. :thumbs:

Actually my interveiw was granted 2 months after.......I keep checking the website and they are no changes made, still say they wont accept pc dated before june 16,i already sent one to the nvc that was before june so i did a new one that now dates july 7 2010, dont wont to get a blue slip for it, so im trying to see if its still up to date......And the lines at the police records place is so LONG,and to pay 2000 jmd again...wi have it if do....my interveiw is on aug 27

Edited by Star Boy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Actually my interveiw was granted 2 months after.......I keep checking the website and they are no changes made, still say they wont accept pc dated before june 16,i already sent one to the nvc that was before june so i did a new one that now dates july 7 2010, dont wont to get a blue slip for it, so im trying to see if its still up to date......And the lines at the police records place is so LONG,and to pay 2000 jmd again...wi have it if do....my interveiw is on aug 27

Star Boy very wise on your side...wish we would have done that as well. I hope you included a copy of the new PC with your paperwork to NVC so they won't give you a RFE---didn't notice if you have a Case Complete yet. Good luck in your Journey.

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

Timeline

Star Boy very wise on your side...wish we would have done that as well. I hope you included a copy of the new PC with your paperwork to NVC so they won't give you a RFE---didn't notice if you have a Case Complete yet. Good luck in your Journey.

I will be taking the July 7 PC to the interveiw on the 27 of Aug. But while doing my Med. i over hear someone saying that embassy wont accept police certificate thats over !1 mth old....so im trying to confirm if its true,cause mine is a little over i mths old so i can get a new one............DONT WANT TO JOIN THAT LONG LINE AGAIN TO GET A NEW PS..

PS...my case got approved with the old PS.....but i jus want to be on the safeside by having all the embassy needs

Edited by Star Boy

Timeline

I will be taking the July 7 PC to the interveiw on the 27 of Aug. But while doing my Med. i over hear someone saying that embassy wont accept police certificate thats over !1 mth old....so im trying to confirm if its true,cause mine is a little over i mths old so i can get a new one............DONT WANT TO JOIN THAT LONG LINE AGAIN TO GET A NEW PS>

I will be taking the July 7 PC to the interveiw on the 27 of Aug. But while doing my Med. i over hear someone saying that embassy wont accept police certificate thats over !1 mth old....so im trying to confirm if its true,cause mine is a little over i mths old so i can get a new one............DONT WANT TO JOIN THAT LONG LINE AGAIN TO GET A NEW PS>

Send them an e-mail and ask. Use the IV inquiries

Inquiries

The preferred method of communicating with the Visa Unit is by e-mail.

NIV inquiries: consularkingst@state.gov

IV inquiries: kingstonivinfo@state.gov

In most instances, you will receive a response within five business days. Please wait at least five business days before sending another e-mail. The U.S. Embassy does not respond to visa inquiries by phone.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I can almost guarantee that there is no 1 month rule....I say this because NVC required we get a new PC and I really doubt that we will have an interview date within 1 month of getting the new PC. That would be amazing since it is taking 6-8 weeks for Case Complete after a RFE....its not gonna happen.

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

Timeline

I agree, the US does not run the Jamaican Government but the Consulars have to understand that everyone who has already applied and received their PCertificates before July 14, 2010 are requested to do so again. I already lost $2,000.00JMD there. What I am not sure of is when are we to redo the PCs. That is what has me upset.

My case is soon to be completed by the NVC "hopefully" and I am not sure when I need to redo my Police Certificate. If the question asked by the VJ member on this thread is accurate then if I do my PC now then it will expire before my interview. That will be $4,000.00 JMD lost. On the US website I see where they have made a posting, but they have not said when we should go get our PCs done.

If you know, can you please tell me. Thanks very much.

Timeline

I can almost guarantee that there is no 1 month rule....I say this because NVC required we get a new PC and I really doubt that we will have an interview date within 1 month of getting the new PC. That would be amazing since it is taking 6-8 weeks for Case Complete after a RFE....its not gonna happen.

I hope you are right,but the embassy and the nvc are 2 diffrerent department,i see your logics, but when it comes to here to Jamaica who knows

Timeline

I agree, the US does not run the Jamaican Government but the Consulars have to understand that everyone who has already applied and received their PCertificates before July 14, 2010 are requested to do so again. I already lost $2,000.00JMD there. What I am not sure of is when are we to redo the PCs. That is what has me upset.

My case is soon to be completed by the NVC "hopefully" and I am not sure when I need to redo my Police Certificate. If the question asked by the VJ member on this thread is accurate then if I do my PC now then it will expire before my interview. That will be $4,000.00 JMD lost. On the US website I see where they have made a posting, but they have not said when we should go get our PCs done.

If you know, can you please tell me. Thanks very much.

Im taking the advive i got here and email them, you should do the same and post there reply here so we both can testify on whats really up.

Timeline

Im taking the advive i got here and email them, you should do the same and post there reply here so we both can testify on whats really up.

I don't understand what you are saying or advising me to do. The person who started the thread said that he had overheard people while doing his Medical saying that the PC expires after 1 month. My question is when should we do the new PC, when we get our appointment letter or now. I do not want to waste any more money. I would really hope that someone who knows lets me know. Thank you.

Timeline

I don't understand what you are saying or advising me to do. The person who started the thread said that he had overheard people while doing his Medical saying that the PC expires after 1 month. My question is when should we do the new PC, when we get our appointment letter or now. I do not want to waste any more money. I would really hope that someone who knows lets me know. Thank you.

Thats what im saying the best persons to ask is the us jamaica embassy by sending them a email with all your questions at

IV inquiries: kingstonivinfo@state.gov

Edited by Star Boy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.